15 months and still waiting

vito

Hey molly sorry to bother you as well but I did my ccl renewal 3/25/2019 and it’s still under review. Then did a foid address change 10/10/2020, and now received a letter that my foid is going to expire in September so I just did the renewal on my foid 6/15/21. I feel at this rate my card will expire before even receiving it. I did submit fingerprints the first time I applied but not for the renewal figured they should be on file. Any help would be appreciated thanks for your time.

My renewed FOID card finally showed up after 508 days. I renewed it on Jan 5, 2020 because it was set to expire on April 20, 2020. After a few emails to the IL Firearm Services Bureau, I received the same reminder that the card isn't really expired, blah, blah, blah.

So, my wife's FOID was expiring and she renewed it the second week of May 2021. BAM, both of our cards showed up in the mailbox less than 14 days later. Just wow.

My renewed FOID card finally showed up after 508 days. I renewed it on Jan 5, 2020 because it was set to expire on April 20, 2020. After a few emails to the IL Firearm Services Bureau, I received the same reminder that the card isn't really expired, blah, blah, blah.

So, my wife's FOID was expiring and she renewed it the second week of May 2021. BAM, both of our cards showed up in the mailbox less than 14 days later. Just wow.

I emailed my rep on 3 different foid cards all came within 2 weeks.

AGAIN people should contact their local rep.

Hey molly sorry to bother you as well but I did my ccl renewal 3/25/2019 and it’s still under review. Then did a foid address change 10/10/2020, and now received a letter that my foid is going to expire in September so I just did the renewal on my foid 6/15/21. I feel at this rate my card will expire before even receiving it. I did submit fingerprints the first time I applied but not for the renewal figured they should be on file. Any help would be appreciated thanks for your time.

Please send me a private message with your full legal name, date of birth, and FOID number.

My FOID renewal was sent to ISP in March 2020. It is now 15 months and I am still waiting. I have not had any issue with the "Covid 19 expiration" but it is frustrating to have the State of Illinois be so inept.

holy cow! mine was about five weeks for the FOID. CCL still says under review. That one might take a min8ute.

• 2 weeks later...

I called my State Representative (a Republican, and one of the good guys when it comes to gun issues) and his office said that all that they can do to help is submit an inquiry. That was yesterday, and I was told that I should have an answer from them by this morning, but so far nothing.

So, on the one hand, 16 months after my request for renewal, I PM'd Molly who dutifully sent an inquiry and lo and behold, within 2 weeks of her query, I had my FOID card with an issue date in Jun 2021 as well as an expiration in Jun 2031, so I wasn't penalized after waiting all this time.

Unfortunately, my wife applied in Mar 2020 and she is still "Under Review" so I've forwarded her info for Molly too, with much appreciation for her intervention.

The real question for me is without Molly's query, how long would I and others like me have to wait? It's ridiculous that only the invention of an elected or Illinois Carry representative gets you a very rapid response!

I contacted my State Rep's office who claimed that they could do nothing other than submit an inquiry. They called me back saying that they were told that my renewal is in the "final stage" of "review" and that I should expect my new FOID card within 2 to 4 weeks. We shall see.

• 3 weeks later...

7/20 and still waiting. If nothing in the next week or so I will call my State Representative, again.

From the article... "The bill approved in June will finally begin to address the backlog." (Richard Pearson, executive director of the Illinois State Rifle Association.)

https://www.pjstar.com/story/news/politics/state/2021/06/29/illinois-foid-bill-could-eliminate-backlog-but-some-still-opposed/5364184001/

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know whether it was Molly's inquiry, a later one from my local rep, or that ISP is finally getting the software/hardware improvements needed to get back on track, but my wife is now showing as "Active" and we expect her FOID card shortly after renewing in Mar 2020. Much appreciation to Valinda for getting the ball rolling!

• 4 weeks later...

Just yesterday, 8/27//21, about 16 months since I sent in the renewal, my FOID now shows as "Active" rather than "Under Review" on the ISP website. Hopefully the actual card will arrive in the mail shortly. Can't believe it really took this long for what should be a very routine renewal but glad that the wait seems to finally be ending. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived