This Is Yet Another Example Of ISP Incompetence

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 14,792 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 01:46 PM

FOID card problems: Calumet City woman gets card with wrong picture after yearlong wait

CHICAGO (WLS) -- There are new complaints about Illinois' firearm ID, or FOID, cards, this time from a woman in Calumet City who said after waiting nearly a year for her credentials, only to get a card with a stranger's face on it.

Koffie Brown said she has no clue who the man in the picture is, and can't get the state to fix the problem.

She said she never thought it would take this long to receive her FOID card and now she's wondering if she'll have to wait another year for the state to get it right.

"I'm ready to purchase a firearm," Brown said. "I waited a year."

Brown said she applied for her FOID card in July 2020.

"I don't understand why we have to go through all of this to be able to carry a gun. I don't understand it," she said.

To make matters worse, when she finally got her card it had someone else's picture and signature with her name and personal information.

More Here https://abc7chicago.com/foid-card-illinois-application-renewal/10768765/  

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#2 MagSlap

Yankee Doodle Floppy Disk, this is Foxtrot Zulu Milk Shake

• Members
  • 5,977 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 02:07 PM

"I don't understand why we have to go through all of this to be able to carry a gun. I don't understand it," she said."

Who'd dumber?

The applicant who thinks they can 'carry' with a FOID....or the 'reporter' who is oblivious to such a statement?

My name is Awesome and I can count to monkey.

#3 EdDinIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 02:56 PM

About the "carry a gun" comment, the problem is that the applicant also wants her CCL, but she said she can't get her CCL until has her FOID.

I'm surprised the ending comments about the ISP wanting legislation to improve the process made no mention of the various so-called Fix the FOID bills that have been proposed.  It was a rather neutral piece, overall.

Life Member: NRA, ISRA, SAF

#4 InterestedBystander

• 8,554 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 04:18 PM

FOID card problems: Calumet City woman gets card with wrong picture after yearlong wait
CHICAGO (WLS) -- There are new complaints about Illinois' firearm ID, or FOID, cards, this time from a woman in Calumet City who said after waiting nearly a year for her credentials, only to get a card with a stranger's face on it.
Koffie Brown said she has no clue who the man in the picture is, and can't get the state to fix the problem.
She said she never thought it would take this long to receive her FOID card and now she's wondering if she'll have to wait another year for the state to get it right.
"I'm ready to purchase a firearm," Brown said. "I waited a year."
Brown said she applied for her FOID card in July 2020.
"I don't understand why we have to go through all of this to be able to carry a gun. I don't understand it," she said.
To make matters worse, when she finally got her card it had someone else's picture and signature with her name and personal information.

More Here https://abc7chicago.com/foid-card-illinois-application-renewal/10768765/  

bad link. try this

https://abc7chicago....newal/10768765/
NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
SAF Member; GOA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#5 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 10:04 PM

About the "carry a gun" comment, the problem is that the applicant also wants her CCL, but she said she can't get her CCL until has her FOID.

It'd be easier if people actually knew what to do. Apply for FOID and CCL at the same time, then only one wait, and if she did fingerprints it would likely be faster than just applying for FOID.

Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users