ATF raids polymer DIY ghost guns maker

Plinkermostly

And the ATF has wasted no time following up on buyers info. They threatened to come back with a warrant if the owner didnt comply and turn over the kit...

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/12/11/polymer80-kits/

Fantastic. Now the ATF is going around to all their customers and threatening them.

This is the new America.

I guess we will just have to learn to march with stiff legs and our right arms held up at a 45 degree angle.

Looking at their instructions for finishing the frame, my judgement would be that it is more than 80% complete. Of course if that's the case why would the ATF have approved it in the first place? If its not a firearm then its not a firearm and selling it in conjunction with other parts shouldn't make it a firearm

Also, at what point can you sell something and not need ATF approval? If I decide to make a 70% lower does the ATF need to certify its not a firearm before I can sell it? Does Home Depot need the ATF to certify that 3/4in pipe and a box of nails isn't a shotgun before they can sell it?

Looking at their instructions for finishing the frame, my judgement would be that it is more than 80% complete. Of course if that's the case why would the ATF have approved it in the first place? If its not a firearm then its not a firearm and selling it in conjunction with other parts shouldn't make it a firearm

Also, at what point can you sell something and not need ATF approval? If I decide to make a 70% lower does the ATF need to certify its not a firearm before I can sell it? Does Home Depot need the ATF to certify that 3/4in pipe and a box of nails isn't a shotgun before they can sell it?

Nah, not as long as you don't buy an end cap or rubber bands!!!

Nah, not as long as you don't buy an end cap or rubber bands!!!

Or assault electrical tape like on this Jamaican shotgun,

post-13336-0-83325400-1608055579_thumb.jpg

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/12/polymer80-refuses-californias-subpoena-to-turn-over-customer-information/#axzz6glk3duZb

Itt looks like Polymer80 didn't hand over records as the records were on the cloud not physically present at the offices where the ATF showed up. And the ATF apparently showed up at Brownells as well and Brownells told them to bugger off as they never sold the 'kits' so no records handed over by them.

BUT, stamps.com and authorize.net apparently squealed like pigs!

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/12/stamps-com-authorize-net-rat-out-polymer80s-customers/#axzz6glk3duZb

And notice those Harris dots further connect through California as it appears they were privy to the raid and took the opportunity to fire off a subpoena, but I'm sure all the Harris/Biden dots are just pure coincidence and it's all Trump's doing as some would love us to believe!

It would apppear going forward in the Biden/Harris years companies like this might consider moving to crypto currencies and using old fashion stamps, and purging customer names and addresses after the sale, just keeping the required financial records.

The whole thing makes no sense. So I can go to many of the 80% manufacturer sites and buy the 80% lower or frame, buy the jig, buy the bits needed, and buy all the parts needed to assemble. But because it is not marketed as a kit, it's ok to have everything shipped together??? I dont see the difference.

Picture from an apparently now-deleted tweet

Loop-gun-raid-2.jpeg

CWBChicago

Chicago police seized a trove of guns and ammunition while executing two search warrants at a Loop apartment building in recent days.

"Felony gun charges approved," CPD Supt. David Brown said in a tweet Wednesday that included four pictures of "an arsenal of high-powered rifles, handguns and ammo" allegedly found during the second raid.

But, CWBChicago has learned, no gun charges have actually been filed in the case. The single felony charge approved so far involves the alleged possession of nine bulletssic. More charges may be coming, however.

But most of the guns seized were not fully assembled - so-called "80%" weapons that fall just short of the federal legal definition of a firearm, the source said. The kits are easy to purchase online, and the parts do not have serial numbers because they aren’t legally guns - until someone finishes the assembly.

Even in Chicago, an actual criminal avoids gun charges (for now), because he doesn't have an actual gun.

Picture from an apparently now-deleted tweetLoop-gun-raid-2.jpegCWBChicago

Chicago police seized a trove of guns and ammunition while executing two search warrants at a Loop apartment building in recent days."Felony gun charges approved," CPD Supt. David Brown said in a tweet Wednesday that included four pictures of "an arsenal of high-powered rifles, handguns and ammo" allegedly found during the second raid....But, CWBChicago has learned, no gun charges have actually been filed in the case. The single felony charge approved so far involves the alleged possession of nine bulletssic. More charges may be coming, however....But most of the guns seized were not fully assembled - so-called "80%" weapons that fall just short of the federal legal definition of a firearm, the source said. The kits are easy to purchase online, and the parts do not have serial numbers because they arent legally guns - until someone finishes the assembly....

Even in Chicago, an actual criminal avoids gun charges (for now), because he doesn't have an actual gun.

I do love how they define Arsenal.... that looks like a non assembled range trip with a friend

Archived