Photo

"Law Enforcement Objections" Question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RyanMB

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 09:57 PM

I'm currently within the first 30 days of my application period and don't expect to have any issues, but I do have a technical question. I don't live anywhere near Cook, but I do have a pretty common name. Could Cook County object me, or only local PDs to where I've lived in the previous 10 years? I'm sure it's a dumb question I just couldn't find much info about it and am kind of regretting not applying with prints. 

#2 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 8,434 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:02 PM

My understanding is any LE department can object. Also, dont assume you are clear on day 31. While, iirc, the law says submissions are to be entered into LE database within 10 days for the objection period, Molly has also reported the ISP will do the BG check first before looking at the objections.

..."For Concealed Carry Licenses with fingerprints to go with the applications, ISP said the average time is 129.9 days. Without fingerprints with the application, its 154.19 days."...

Edited by InterestedBystander, 19 October 2020 - 10:22 PM.

NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
SAF Member; GOA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#3 Craigcelia

CCL renewals and Utah permits

• 2,876 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:21 PM

Doubtful, but I couldn't speak for Cook County. I do these for an agency in another county. When you first apply, it is entered into the database immediately, and its 30 days from that point it disappears from LE screen. My guess is you are safe after that point. LE uses zipcodes to find applicants who lived in their area the past 10 years. I PM'd you for more information. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edited by Craigcelia, 19 October 2020 - 10:28 PM.

Craig

NRA / ISRA Life Member

GOA Member

IL/UT Instructor

#4 InterestedBystander

• 8,434 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:26 PM

Thanks Craig. Good to know that it goes in immediately after submission without delay as well as being removed from view after 30.
NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
SAF Member; GOA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#5 Craigcelia

• 2,876 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:31 PM

Thanks Craig. Good to know that it goes in immediately after submission without delay as well as being removed from view after 30.

Absolutely.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Craig

NRA / ISRA Life Member

GOA Member

IL/UT Instructor

#6 Just some guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:27 PM

Is the LE objection period 30 calendar days?

Fast is fine, accurate is final.

#7 Euler

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:46 PM

Is the LE objection period 30 calendar days?

Yes. The 30-day clock starts when all LE agencies are notified of the application, which could take a day or so (for weekends, holidays, etc.) from when it's completed.

And to forestall any questions, computers don't get COVID.
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#8 Craigcelia

• 2,876 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:44 PM

Is the LE objection period 30 calendar days?Yes. The 30-day clock starts when all LE agencies are notified of the application, which could take a day or so (for weekends, holidays, etc.) from when it's completed.And to forestall any questions, computers don't get COVID.

Its actually 30 days after the application is submitted by the applicant. LE aren't, so to speak, "notified". Its up to LE to search for applicants in their jurisdiction and its available to them right after its submitted by the applicant.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edited by Craigcelia, 07 April 2021 - 11:45 PM.

Craig

NRA / ISRA Life Member

GOA Member

IL/UT Instructor

#9 Euler

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:45 AM

There's a database. When a record is entered into it that all agencies can access, I'd call that "notified." Perhaps we're just arguing semantics.
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#10 MagSlap

Yankee Doodle Floppy Disk, this is Foxtrot Zulu Milk Shake

• Members
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:28 AM

Background checks...and LE checks in about 30 days??

Gee...it almost sounds like there is no reason to not issue a permission slip shortly after 30 days....

My name is Awesome and I can count to monkey.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users