Where are we?

lilguy

ISP Firearm Services

CCL and FOID card renewals continue to remain valid under emergency rules filed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The emergency rule providing for the 18-month extension of FOID card and CCL renewals went into effect on September 3, 2020, replacing the previous 12-month extension.

The "18-month extension" is really the duration of the emergency proclamation + 18 months. The emergency proclamation was originally planned to expire May 31, 2021, but JB rescinded it a couple weeks early. (I forget the exact date, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now.) So we leave the 18-month period sometime in November 2022, at which point the FOIDs and CCLs that got extended will all expire simultaneously.

I would suggest trying to avoid whatever crapstorm happens in November 2022, but at this point I'd say there's no special hurry. Remember that the extension isn't really an extension for cardholders. It's an extension for the ISP. Is there any reason to believe that the ISP will meet the November 2022 deadline?

Darth Bubba

We did, 17 months for my son, no response to any inquiries. We are talking to realtors out of state now. Family and friends who have moved in the last 3-4 years are showing us why it makes no sense to stay any longer. In the mean time my attorney is looking into it. Maybe a letter from him can break it loose at $$$$s per hour. This state is not only corrupt and incompetent its run by thieves who steal fees and provide no service.

Archived