GOP: Allow Pot Smokers to Buy Firearms

mauserme

https://www.wandtv.com/news/gop-seeks-to-allow-pot-smokers-to-buy-firearms/article_54eea538-a795-11eb-8617-1b36541abdd5.html

GOP seeks to allow pot smokers to buy firearms

Doug Wolfe Apr 27, 2021 Updated 6 hrs ago

DECATUR, Ill. (WAND) Using medical or recreational marijuana, which is legal in Illinois, could cancel your right to buy a gun.

Now some GOP members of Congress are moving to change federal laws to allow pot owners to buy firearms.

Congressman Rodney Davis (R-Illinois) is co-leading the Gun Rights and Marijuana (GRAM) Act to secure the Second Amendment rights of people living in states that allow possession of marijuana.

H.R. 2830 was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives last week by Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska) and is supported by Congressman Davis.

Another example how our state chooses to enforce some federal laws and not others.

Just don't come stoned without any pot in your pocket and check no.

This should solve this problem but Illinois bounces the 4473 against people with Medical Cards.

Recreational users can but Medical users can't, hum. Sounds like discrimination against the handicapped.

People who don't experience great pain 24x7 just don't get it. Fentanyl or pot, choice wasn't easy for me but it's the right one.

I support it. A state can add 2A restrictions and the feds allow it. Same should apply to Marijuana, we're all grown adults. If you want to smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, or smoke Marijuana that's your business just don't shoot, carry, or purchase while under the influence. Testing under the influence I'm sure is going to be an issue. I'm not sure if the tests that exist now are accurate enough.

I support it. A state can add 2A restrictions and the feds allow it. Same should apply to Marijuana, we're all grown adults. If you want to smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, or smoke Marijuana that's your business just don't shoot, carry, or purchase while under the influence. Testing under the influence I'm sure is going to be an issue. I'm not sure if the tests that exist now are accurate enough.

At day 1 of my carry class in 2014 I overheard the two guys behind me discussing the big doob they had waiting for them after class was out. Not sure if you're referring to field sobriety testing or range qual. Either way, both would need monitoring. IMO, people are supposed to be free to do as they please. Smoke rocks, I don't care. Just as long as you're doing it and it has no effect on anyone around you. You're welcome, Hunter.

In the 2yrs that I have been a FFL dealer, I have refused 3 transfers and 1 business sale because the buyer walked in "under the influence of Marijuana," or in violation of 11E. Even if the law changed, I would still support it being treated like alcohol for the purposes of you can't be under the influence. I know "under the influence," means many different things from person to person but the state of IL should have thought of that when they legalized it. Are there good testing that's reliable? What can you or can't do while you're, "under the influence?" I know the state is using a few Marijuana tests right now but I, personally, have not researched the reliability factor.

Another example how our state chooses to enforce some federal laws and not others.

This should solve this problem but Illinois bounces the 4473 against people with Medical Cards.

Recreational users can but Medical users can't, hum. Sounds like discrimination against the handicapped.

People who don't experience great pain 24x7 just don't get it. Fentanyl or pot, choice wasn't easy for me but it's the right one.

YUP, once Jeff Sessions started the war on ppl with excruciating back pain I had to go get my medcard. Changed my life, as in I got my life back instead of crawling on the ground like an animal half the time. Thankfully I already had most of the firearms I wanted first and already had my CHL. As someone who has drank more alcohol than I care to admit and smoked plenty of pot I can firmly say ANYONE still advocating for discrimination(and that's what it is) against cannabis users should have to smoke a doob and then come tell all of us with a straight face that we still deserve to be second class citizens.

YUP, once Jeff Sessions started the war on ppl with excruciating back pain I had to go get my medcard. Changed my life, as in I got my life back instead of crawling on the ground like an animal half the time. Thankfully I already had most of the firearms I wanted first and already had my CHL. As someone who has drank more alcohol than I care to admit and smoked plenty of pot I can firmly say ANYONE still advocating for discrimination(and that's what it is) against cannabis users should have to smoke a doob and then come tell all of us with a straight face that we still deserve to be second class citizens.

PARTY AT YURIMODINS HOUSE!! :D :D

PARTY AT YURIMODINS HOUSE!! :D :D

....I have plenty, not allowed to share tho :(

I'll buy some rec stuff to bring over for the party. You can give that away all you want as long as there is no compensation.

It'll be worth the price of admission to see some dudes that smoked it in Nam get couch lock because this stuff is so much more potent.

I dunno, back then everything was landrace sativas like Thaisticks that would put you on the moon......my homegrown of choice is currently Northern Lights X Blueberry.......more old school 90's but it flat puts me to bed with no paranoia etc.

I've yet to have anything give me paranoia, so I consider myself lucky. Blue Zkittlez has been a favorite of mine lately.

EDIBLES.......will eff your life up. It can take up to 2 hours to kick in and is 11 times more psychoactive than smoking.

That's what people keep telling me, but I don't have the same response. A few weeks ago I tossed back 60mg of gummies and only felt sleepy after 90 min. No giggles, dry mouth or increased apatite. I hit some vape after that and was feeling good. I've tried them on an empty stomach and with a big meal. No real difference from what I can tell :(

some ppl it does nothing to......10mg will have questioning the space time continuum.

• 2 weeks later...

I've yet to have anything give me paranoia, so I consider myself lucky. Blue Zkittlez has been a favorite of mine lately.

EDIBLES.......will eff your life up. It can take up to 2 hours to kick in and is 11 times more psychoactive than smoking.

That's simply not true, it depends on the dosage.

If you use cannabis for medical purposes it takes a while to figure out exactly what you need and how often. (while possibly meaning months)

Medical and recreational uses are quite different, one wants to eliminate pain and maintain a normal lifestyle and the other wants to take a hit back and relax.

I'm not saying either is wrong, but recreational users do not take (or need to) the time to really understand this drug.

This is why people will tip themselves over with edibles because they don't understand the time or dosages, just bottoms up.

A vape or a bowl is damn near instant and that's good when you need a quick pain fix but it's often not a practical solution for "managed care".

When I first started I said it's like taking a capsule which is randomly filled with a random strength of medicine.

Unfortunately dispensaries are 4-10x the price so they are just cost prohibitive which just adds one more level of complexity.

• 1 month later...

The GOP has been way, way behind on the pot legalization issue.

Look at how it drew young voters in Colorado to vote (and of course vote for commies).

But hur dur drugs are bad. :rolleyes:

If the GOP would have been pushing for pot legalization we could have moved elections across the country in our favor for six or eight years.

The GOP has been way, way behind on the pot legalization issue.

Look at how it drew young voters in Colorado to vote (and of course vote for commies).

But hur dur drugs are bad. :rolleyes:

If the GOP would have been pushing for pot legalization we could have moved elections across the country in our favor for six or eight years.

This. I don't use. I never have but that isn't the point. On grounds of individual rights and civil liberties I think the GOP (or a 3rd party) has much more to offer in this realm than the "other guys". The other guys only give enough rope for hanging yourself. If it weren't for the taxes applied to legal weed it probably never would have happened in IL. They want your money and they don't give a damn about you, your health, or any of the consequences to society. I don't care either (in benign sense) but I also am not asking for your money. Rodney Davis is making a good call here imo.

Archived