Robert Vogel World Class Pistol Skills June 7 & 8 Maryville IL (St Louis Area)

mpd046

Robert Vogel 2 Day World Class Pistol Skills

In this course the student will be given the insight into what it takes to develop truly World Class shooting skills. Starting out with the fundamentals and then delving into a heavy dose of technique that goes well beyond the basics, the student will learn the dynamics involved in driving a pistol to the highest level. This course is designed around the ultimate and equal balance of accuracy and speed that is applicable just as much to LE/Military training as it is to competition. Aside from the techniques and skills taught this course also has aspects that require the student to truly “think” while operating on a course of fire. A balance between competitive shooting and tactical applications will be maintained. That being said, performing under pressure is paramount. Outside of actual real-life situations competition is one of the few ways pressure can truly be induced. If you carry or use a handgun in any way, shape or form you will benefit from this course.

$450
June 7th and 8th 2018
2601 Gun Club Lane
Maryville IL

Equipment Required:

Duty, carry, or competition gear
Eye pro
Hearing protection

1000 rounds of handgun ammunition

http://stoicchaos.com/enroll-in-a-class.html#VOGEL

The class is limited to 16 with a minimum of 10 students. This class just went live on Monday, so we have 13 slots left.....This will be the 3rd time I've trained with Vogel and his take on grip and controlling the pistol is eye opening. I credit him with bumping me up at least 1 classification in IDPA last year, but it's not a competition class. I took this same class last year in my duty gear and it was very applicable to both duty/carry and competition.

Hope this helps

Matt

What's his take on grip? I've been taught thumbs up by Farnam, and thumbs down by everybody else. If there's another,better way I'd like to know what's different. I have grip strength issues that are health related which is why I ask.

I'm not going to be able to do it justice, but..... He uses a thumbs forward grip, but he applies pressure inwards towards the pistol with the meaty parts of both his thumbs. There is very little if any pressure from the little finger of each hand at the mag well. Also instead of a kung-fu grip like a GI Joe or Star Wars figure he uses the three fingers of the strong hand (not thumb or index finger) to pull the grip of the pistol up and into the web of the strong hand..... like i said I'm not doing it justice. He has some very cool demos and some one on one drills he does with each student to get it to sink in.

Matt

Yeah I am not so much worried about that I am pretty familiar with how he trains. Having said that I have never taken a class with him and was going to see if a few people wanted to attend. I have taken a few classes with Stoeger and wanted to see how it would be different.

How was Stoeger's class? Stoeger and Matt Hopkins are on my list of guys I want to take a class from.

Matt

Really good. I have taken 3 of his classes (pretty much the same class really). Each one made me a better shooter and the last one really made me good at diagnosing problems in shooting in general. This will be all about competition shooting. He sets up one bay with a stage and one for drills. He then runs one line of the drills and they go to to stage (which is setup to feature what you learned in the drills). When he changes the drills he changes the stage to match. Personally I got more out of the drills then the stage but it did have an effect.

Also you have to get used to Ben if you do something badly he is going to call you on it. I find it funny as heck but some people get wrapped around the wheel.

If he praises you, you have earned it for sure.

• 2 months later...

Archived