A Brief Comparison, Kimber Micro 9 and Glock 43

JK Knives

My wife and I went to the range yesterday to shoot my new Kimber Micro 9, and compare it to my Glock 43.

Here is a brief comparison of the Kimber Micro 9 and Glock 43

Specs:

Glock 43

Overall length - 6 1/4"
Height - 4 1/4"
Weight - 18 oz
Capacity - 6 + 1
Sights - white dot front, white outline rear
Fieldstripping time - 30 seconds

Kimber Micro 9

Overall length - 6"
Height - 4"
Weight - 17.5 oz
Capacity - 6 + 1
Sights - 3 white dots
Fieldstripping time - 1 minute, 5 seconds

We put 100 rounds of Federal 115 grain hardball through each gun, (50 rounds each through each gun), with no malfunctions of any kind.

We shot the guns at 5, 7, and 10 yards. Accuracy was about equal. I was expecting more recoil from the Kimber, this was not the case, both guns are very pleasant to shoot.

Connie preferred the Kimber (probably because it`s prettier), I really had no preference, I like them equally.

I know this is not much of a review, but I`ll post more after a few more outings. At this time I will still stick to the Glock for carry, it already has over 500 rounds of ball ammo through it, and 200 rounds of hollowpoints. I won`t carry the Kimber until more rounds have been put through it, and I get a couple of extra magazines for it.

Here are the guns we shot yesterday.

Kimber Micro 9 and Glock 43

DSCN2934.jpgpic host

My 20 year old Kimber Classic .45 and Connie`s S&W M&P .22 Compact

DSCN2935.jpgimage hosting more than 5mb

I have a Glock 43 and like it a lot.

A couple of things on mine. I did change the sights as I am not a fan of the stock sights. I also added a Ghost trigger connector for a smoother pull. I have been shooting it with a variety of ammo including the Polycase ARX and Inceptor target ammo. I like both in it a lot.

The one thing I find that I have to do is to have a pinky extension. Without it, I just cannot seem to get a good consistent grip. I am using the Taran Tactical +2 extensions. So I can carry 8 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber. The added 1/2" or so does not impact the carry-ability of the gun at all. I like the Glock reliability and it has not failed on any ammo yet.

I have been considering picking up the Micro, sweet looking gun. I have the Kimber Ultra Carry II in the two-tone, so I would also get the Micro in Stainless like yours.Thanks for the short review, one thing I didnt realize was how close to the same size it is to the 43, I seemed to think the Micro was quite smaller. Guess not !

• 5 weeks later...

I have been considering picking up the Micro, sweet looking gun. I have the Kimber Ultra Carry II in the two-tone, so I would also get the Micro in Stainless like yours.Thanks for the short review, one thing I didnt realize was how close to the same size it is to the 43, I seemed to think the Micro was quite smaller. Guess not !

How do you like that Ultra II? I'm thinking on getting one for myself. I carry a M&P Shield 9mm and is really reliable, but I like the look of that stainless Ultra II, but it's a little pricey or am I just cheap. :)

How do you like that Ultra II? I'm thinking on getting one for myself. I carry a M&P Shield 9mm and is really reliable, but I like the look of that stainless Ultra II, but it's a little pricey or am I just cheap. :)

love shooting it. Wife enjoys shooting also, I tried carrying couple times, was too heavy for my liking

I have had the Glock 43 for a while. Good reliable gun. 100 rounds of self defense ammo...mostly Hornady and some Federal and perhaps 500 rounds of Blazer Brass, Federal or Winchester White Box. The Winchester ammo seemed to give it fits for a while (several stovepiping occurrences and 1 squib load) thus the Blazer Brass and Federal which have been flawless. Seemed that Winchester had an issue for a while so perhaps not the 43's issue. It needed the Pearce grip extension so that my pinky had a place to go. DeSantis IWB holster has worked well. I carry it occasionally, quite comfortable.

Archived