Photo

Please Every Gun Owner In IL Read This!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tshaw1969

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:27 PM

House Bill 3245 bans private transfers of firearms, increases the application fee for a FOID, requires fingerprints for a FOID application, reduces the duration of a FOID to five years, and increases the processing time for a FOID from one calendar month to 30 business days. These changes all make it more difficult and expensive for law-abiding citizens to exercise their Second Amendment rights. Such a proposal failed to pass last session and is deceptively named the “Fix the FOID Act.”

#2 Tshaw1969

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:30 PM

House Bill 3245 bans private transfers of firearms, increases the application fee for a FOID, requires fingerprints for a FOID application, reduces the duration of a FOID to five years, and increases the processing time for a FOID from one calendar month to 30 business days. These changes all make it more difficult and expensive for law-abiding citizens to exercise their Second Amendment rights. Such a proposal failed to pass last session and is deceptively named the “Fix the FOID Act.”

We need to work together to get this bill stopped!!!

None of us would be here if it wasn't for having questions, concerns, or issues with our FOID Cards!

#3 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 22,848 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:39 PM

Thanks for posting this.

We are aware of this bill, as well as a few others that we're currently monitoring.  We have a list that's been steadily growing over the past few weeks.

We definitely will be working to prevent this from passing. Stay tuned for Calls to Action and such when the time for that comes

#4 CaptCraig

• 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for posting this.

We are aware of this bill, as well as a few others that we're currently monitoring.  We have a list that's been steadily growing over the past few weeks.

We definitely will be working to prevent this from passing. Stay tuned for Calls to Action and such when the time for that comes

Where might I find this call to action when it happens?

#5 mauserme

• Admin
  • 22,848 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:01 PM

We'll post it in the Illinois Politics forum, on Facebook, Twitter, and MeWe, and also send an email blast.

#6 Rangerdeepv

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:04 PM

Here we go again............

#7 2A4Cook

Old and Cranky

• Members
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:09 PM

Say what you will about Madigan, but with him gone, there is nothing left to restrain these loons anymore.

#8 ragsbo

• Members
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:15 PM

Does it also give a penalty to the state for not making their own deadline to issue the FOID? If not, just another way to screw over the law abiding citizen and deny their rights

#9 quackersmacker

• 2,171 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:43 PM

We'll post it in the Illinois Politics forum, on Facebook, Twitter, and MeWe, and also send an email blast.

Mauser, I'm guessing the answer is yes, but.... must one be an Illinois resident to respond to the call to action?  I'm in TN but would sure like to stay involved in the CTAs.

Life Member --- NRA Endowment Level
Life Member --- Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member --- Tennessee Gun Owners
Member        --- Single Action Shooting Society    [Lt John Dunbar]
Member        --- Oak Ridge Sportsmen's Association

Fellow Members:  Please consider making at least an annual $25 contribution to this fine organization, which has proven its worth -----and you will then become a member of the Supporting Members Team.   In this case, it's definitely about putting your money where your mouth is!   And, getting results.  Who knows what the future holds.....these may just be some of the best dollars you'll ever spend.

#10 InterestedBystander

• 8,322 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:50 PM

Mauser, I'm guessing the answer is yes, but.... must one be an Illinois resident to respond to the call to action?  I'm in TN but would sure like to stay involved in the CTAs.

I used to answer such questions with a yes also, but have since changed my mind. To the degree that these changes may affect you even though not living in IL, it seems valid to respond. Nothing in the instructions that says dont. Also the IL site doesnt stop those with a non IL address.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 22 February 2021 - 08:55 PM.

NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
SAF Member; GOA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#11 mauserme

• Admin
  • 22,848 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:53 AM

I used to answer such questions with a yes also, but have since changed my mind. To the degree that these changes may affect you even though not living in IL, it seems valid to respond. Nothing in the instructions that says dont. Also the IL site doesnt stop those with a non IL address.

That's my take as well.  You probably stll travel through Illinois, visit friends and relatives here, etc.

I'd add that the opposition never holds back enlisting out of state input when they feel the need.

#12 2A4Cook

Old and Cranky

• Members
  • 4,200 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:30 AM

Their only rule is that there are no rules.  That's why we're always disadvantaged.

#13 Trevis

• Members
  • 3,008 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:30 PM

It's amazing that shall not be infringed means do whatever the heck you want. 

"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: 'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie, as wisdom...and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged..." - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”

― Lysander SpoonerNo Treason: The Constitution of No Authority

1AApp.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users