CA's Unconstituional System

ILgunguy

Under the terms of the settlement filed Wednesday in U.S. Eastern District Court in Sacramento, the state Department of Justice is required to notify each district attorney and law enforcement agency to put on hold “all pending investigations and prosecutions” for those suspected of failing to register their assault weapons.

So the registration requirement hasn't been scrapped. There's just a moratorium until they can figure out how to make it work.

Oh, well, celebrate the small victories.

So the registration requirement hasn't been scrapped. There's just a moratorium until they can figure out how to make it work.

Oh, well, celebrate the small victories.

Nope, it appears it will return in full force after they 'catch up' on registrations, it would not surprise me to see a déjà vu settlement in IL soon in regards to the FOID and CCL delays.

Under the settlement, the Department of Justice agrees to pay $151,000 for gun rights groups’ legal fees, and it is required after a 120-day public notice period to reopen assault weapon registrations for three months to give those who tried to register before the 2018 deadline to do so free from being penalized.
The settlement also requires the agency to provide gun owners with the option of filling out their registration on paper forms, instead of online.

That's why Feinstein's bill "exempts" so many firearms that wouldn't have been covered under the ban anyway; the plan is to expand the ban until only those "exempted" firearms are allowed

Isn't that kind of what California has now, you can only purchased firearms that are on their approved list.

New firearms can take a while or never to get on.

This can be a simple handgun that the manufacture does not deem worth the costs to get sold in CA, a no safety version may and a safety may not.

Last I heard from the grumblings of my friends that have mostly now left.

That's why Feinstein's bill "exempts" so many firearms that wouldn't have been covered under the ban anyway; the plan is to expand the ban until only those "exempted" firearms are allowed

Isn't that kind of what California has now, you can only purchased firearms that are on their approved list.

New firearms can take a while or never to get on.

This can be a simple handgun that the manufacture does not deem worth the costs to get sold in CA, a no safety version may and a safety may not.

Last I heard from the grumblings of my friends that have mostly now left.

Just for handguns, but yes, only "exempted" handguns are available for sale in CA unless you are a cop

Archived