Will Amy Coney Barrett Shake Up The Second Amendment . . .?

Molly B.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/evangerstmann/2021/02/17/will-amy-coney-barrett-shake-up-the-second-amendment-in-her-first-year-on-the-supreme-court/?sh=81ab44725541

So we know where Justice Coney Barrett stands. And four other Supreme Court Justices, Neil Gorsuch, Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, and Brett Kavanaugh, have indicated at various times that they would like the Court to take some more 2nd Amendment cases. That would appear to make five Supreme Court Justices likely candidates to expand 2nd Amendment rights. The Folajtar case seems like an excellent opportunity for them to do just that.

Just for once, I think we'd all like to see some judicial activism on the part of SCOTUS regarding 2A rights, but by their style conservative judges aren't activists. It's tough to hold back a rising tide of activist liberal judges who have no qualms in affirming the constitutionality of restrictions we believe to be unconstitutional. It's a pipe dream to think SCOTUS is going to nullify all the bad laws and legal decisions of the past century.

This may be a pipe dream but, I can still dream right? Constitutional carry is spreading quickly over the last decade. We all know how goofy it is that depending on an imaginary line you may be breaking a law. We don't worry about this when driving from state to state because of the universal signs used on the roadway. I do believe in my lifetime, I'm 41, we could see this across the board. Likely to happen by judge and not the fantastic leaders we have ruining each state.

From what the Supreme Court has failed to do the last few months concerning the stealing of the election and all the fraud (you don't have standing before the election and it is mute after the election?????) I don't expect diddly squat from them on ANYTHING that matters except to bend over backwards to kiss the liberals rear ends. They have made themselves a non player and gave up their 3rd branch of government balance and control.

• 3 weeks later...

From what the Supreme Court has failed to do the last few months concerning the stealing of the election and all the fraud (you don't have standing before the election and it is mute after the election?????) I don't expect diddly squat from them on ANYTHING that matters except to bend over backwards to kiss the liberals rear ends. They have made themselves a non player and gave up their 3rd branch of government balance and control.

Not to mention when the current administration decides to start packing the court... <_<

Archived