Biden Calls for "Assault Weapons" Ban, and More

mauserme

Remember they will demand the sun and settle for the moon! What I mean is they will demand a full ban on certain weapons but will settle for registration, taxing them etc THIS TIME! Then demand a ban again then settle for less. They do it all the time, chipping away as best they can. We should NOT give them ANYTHING but in fact push back and demand less gun laws just as hard and just as radical.

Remember they will demand the sun and settle for the moon! What I mean is they will demand a full ban on certain weapons but will settle for registration, taxing them etc THIS TIME! Then demand a ban again then settle for less. They do it all the time, chipping away as best they can. We should NOT give them ANYTHING but in fact push back and demand less gun laws just as hard and just as radical.

Very well said. No more compromising

Their strategic has long been Death By 1000 Cuts.

They have no concept of “compromise.” It’s like “OK instead of taking a lot we’ll just take some (this time). “ is their idea of a compromise.

An actual compromise would be something like we get national reciprocity and they get UBC. The Zealots cannot even begin to understand something like that.

old joe does not even know. he can't remember what his handler's tell him long enough to regurgitate it back up.

speaking of killer feet my 13 year old daughter received her second black belt yesterday.

i don't mess with her at all.

Congratulations baby!

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Liberals get this, but Conservatives (politicians) believe that placating small demands will satisfy them. It doesn’t.

The famous words of Republicans..... and most gun organizations including many on here: "it could have been worse"

Which is exactly how they have stripped all the rights they have, as a 'compromise' to prevent "worse"

This is why groups like the NRA are the worst enemy of 2A..... sacrifice a little at a time in the name of it could have been worse.... all while getting richer....... makes the teachers unions look like amateurs

The supreme court has shifted in our direction, but even the 'constitutionalists' arent 100% reliable

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Liberals get this, but Conservatives (politicians) believe that placating small demands will satisfy them. It doesn’t.

Exactly!!

So, if that passes, would you have to surrender your rifles or would that make it where you just can not buy them anymore?

At this point he's calling for a ban in general without referring to a specific bill. He's spoken of a ban that would not grandfather currently owned firearms and I'm sure he'd push for that if he can get it, but we'll have to wait and see.

Banning future purchases or transfers is within the powers of a new law (NOT an EO). Confiscation would be in direct conflict with the 5th Amendment and would be an Ex Post Facto law, AKA unconstitutional. Even Bill Clinton didn’t try to go there. The true legacy of the Trump administration will be his SCOTUS appointments and their adhering to the Constitution.

How did this squeak by then? https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/bump-stocks

Probably because they're technically "accessories," as opposed to firearms. It remains unconstitutional, but what do they care? For the amount of money involved, it would take a class action suit, and besides, I'm guessing that they don't want to risk a precedent (on principle) on that particular accessory?

The 5th amendment applies to "property". "nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

Probably because they're technically "accessories," as opposed to firearms. It remains unconstitutional, but what do they care? For the amount of money involved, it would take a class action suit, and besides, I'm guessing that they don't want to risk a precedent (on principle) on that particular accessory?

The 5th amendment applies to "property". "nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

Bump stock ban snuck by because it hasn’t been sufficiently challenged. If Biden, with (law) or without Congress (EO), outright bans guns and orders confiscation, you can bet your life it will end up in front of the SCOTUS, if it doesn’t already get overturned by a lower court.

I was criticized when I advocated for burning all paperwork over 10 years old.

Not by me. I was shocked when I heard some FFLs were keeping paperwork beyond the required timeframe. I guess they are doing it to protect themselves but I would like some protection too.

Incrementalism.

A tactic we can use too.

We demand legislation that outlaws all concealed carry permits and go 50 state constitutional carry as a Federal Law.

What? You'll settle for dismantling some of the 1968 GCA? Let's talk.

Then lather, rinse, repeat.

Incrementalism.

A tactic we can use too.

We demand legislation that outlaws all concealed carry permits and go 50 state constitutional carry as a Federal Law.

What? You'll settle for dismantling some of the 1968 GCA? Let's talk.

Then lather, rinse, repeat.

I don't think we have enough politicians with the stones to do that. Someone will demand 50 state carry, but they'll end up settling for a grandfather clause in the AWB

Not by me. I was shocked when I heard some FFLs were keeping paperwork beyond the required timeframe. I guess they are doing it to protect themselves but I would like some protection too.

FFL's have to keep the book and if they go out of business it's handed in.

Illinois I *think* tried to force FFL's to keep electronic records and I *think* there was something about scanning old FFL log books.

OR I *could* be full of sheet.

An FFL must keep the "book" as long as they are an active business then it is sent to the BATF. It is different for an FFL-03 Collector of Curios and Relics, if you let your license lapse you are free to destroy the records at any time. Jim.

There are probably more rules somewhere like these that you cited.

https://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/firearms052104.pdf

• Seller must keep a record of such transfer for a period of 10 years from the date

of transfer.

Since we're discussing keeping records, there's a new bill, H.R. 1005, that calls for keeping NICS records for "at least 90 days". Saw a video from Guns & Gadgets last night about it. The bill text isn't available yet, though. "At least 90" with no maximum cap specified.

Bill: https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1005

TTAG: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/carolyn-maloney-five-gun-control-bills-are-more-dangerous-than-sheila-jackson-lees-absurd-legislation/

Video: https://youtu.be/GKIcBLp7ttI

Their strategic has long been Death By 1000 Cuts.

They have no concept of “compromise.” It’s like “OK instead of taking a lot we’ll just take some (this time). “ is their idea of a compromise.

An actual compromise would be something like we get national reciprocity and they get UBC. The Zealots cannot even begin to understand something like that.

post-15072-0-16764100-1613675768.jpg

post-15072-0-16764100-1613675768_thumb.jpg

Archived