Biden Calls for "Assault Weapons" Ban, and More

mauserme

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/02/14/statement-by-the-president-three-years-after-the-parkland-shooting/

This Administration will not wait for the next mass shooting to heed that call. We will take action to end our epidemic of gun violence and make our schools and communities safer. Today, I am calling on Congress to enact commonsense gun law reforms, including requiring background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and eliminating immunity for gun manufacturers who knowingly put weapons of war on our streets. We owe it to all those we’ve lost and to all those left behind to grieve to make a change. The time to act is now.

Statement by the President Three Years After the Parkland Shooting _ The White House.html

Likely only be two before the Senate and likely the House flip Republican and put some water on his plans.

They will have mail in voter fraud tweaked by then.

And maybe a voter registration card in the packet as the asylum seekers are let loose in the wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Those heck bent on killing will carry more mags, 10, 20 it won’t matter

And I can’t remember if it’s 1% or less than 1% of firearm crimes and murders which are caused by “assault rifles”

Point in case the very Parkland shooting they are grandstanding on the blood of, no magazine over 10 rounds used. He also passed a background check to legally purchase the firearm.

And I can’t remember if it’s 1% or less than 1% of firearm crimes and murders which are caused by “assault rifles”

Its not about that. If you take away suicides and police shootings, you’re left with very little gun crime. Take away gang shootings and you’re left with nothing really.

Likely only be two before the Senate and likely the House flip Republican and put some water on his plans.

They will have mail in voter fraud tweaked by then.

And maybe a voter registration card in the packet as the asylum seekers are let loose in the wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

THIS is the problem! IF they get away with it this time, nothing will stop them later (and it looks like they will get away with it)

So, if that passes, would you have to surrender your rifles or would that make it where you just can not buy them anymore?

At this point he's calling for a ban in general without referring to a specific bill. He's spoken of a ban that would not grandfather currently owned firearms and I'm sure he'd push for that if he can get it, but we'll have to wait and see.

Its not about that. If you take away suicides and police shootings, you’re left with very little gun crime. Take away gang shootings and you’re left with nothing really.

Yet, after adding suicides to the statistics in order to bolster their arguments, they don't want to talk about mental health issues.
Of course cause its not about saving lives. If they tried to help those with mental health issues, they would do a lot more for people.

There were numerous warning signs that the Parkland school shooter was a possible ticking time bomb . Someone even called the FBI and warned that Cruz had a "desire to kill people" and worried about "the potential of him conducting a school shooting." How does that stuff slip through the cracks. It’s baffling. The kid even told people he wanted to be a “professional school shooter”. How is banning “assault weapons” , high cap mags, etc , going to fix a broken mental health care system or the crap, failing systems that are designed to help and protect our children.

Really, I am surprised it took this long. Get ready for four LONG years

I sure hope you are correct and we don't get a fresh batch of RINOS. We also have to deal with rogue agencies that are already looking at gun control measures and we cannot un-elect those people. We really need the SCOTUS to come down hard but I am not holing my breath for that either.

Really, I am surprised it took this long. Get ready for four LONG years

You're an optimist.

I see eight years of the emBHARRISing regime.

10 years if Mr. Biden stays in office for 2 years and one day.

Let's be honest: we are in the first weeks of OBummer's 4th term. He never left. All Trump was able to accomplish he had to do by EO, and even then OBummer judges nullified half of them. "His" DoJ threw him under the bus to Mueller, "his" FBI spied on his associates, "his" NSC "whistle blew" to start his first impeachment witch hunt. Who else could have been pulling all the strings during the "Trump" years, and now puppeteers "President" Walking Corpse?

Let's be honest: we are in the first weeks of OBummer's 4th term. He never left. All Trump was able to accomplish he had to do by EO, and even then OBummer judges nullified half of them. "His" DoJ threw him under the bus to Mueller, "his" FBI spied on his associates, "his" NSC "whistle blew" to start his first impeachment witch hunt. Who else could have been pulling all the strings during the "Trump" years, and now puppeteers "President" Walking Corpse?

^This! The deep state never left. They resisted beginning Nov. 9th, 2016. Dragged their feet with the collusion of the 5th column Enemedia distracting the easily distracted with in-depth investigations of race track nooses and other nonsense and not an investigation of the traitorous, seditious undermined transition from Obama to Trump. Of all the illegal, sketchy "Russian Collusion ®" that went on, only 1 guy was prosecuted, found guilty and given NO prison time (Kevin Clinesmith). We are beyond the rule of law in this country. When they destroy the intent of the 2nd Amendment, they will have completed the beginning of the end of the constitutional republic. The 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting.

So, if that passes, would you have to surrender your rifles or would that make it where you just can not buy them anymore?

At this point he's calling for a ban in general without referring to a specific bill. He's spoken of a ban that would not grandfather currently owned firearms and I'm sure he'd push for that if he can get it, but we'll have to wait and see.

Banning future purchases or transfers is within the powers of a new law (NOT an EO). Confiscation would be in direct conflict with the 5th Amendment and would be an Ex Post Facto law, AKA unconstitutional. Even Bill Clinton didn’t try to go there. The true legacy of the Trump administration will be his SCOTUS appointments and their adhering to the Constitution.

Less than 200 per year for ALL rifles. Knives, hands and feet or blunt objects kill more.

BUT....they don't make political hay crying about knives, hands, feet, or blunt objects.

Less than 200 per year for ALL rifles. Knives, hands and feet or blunt objects kill more.

BUT....they don't make political hay crying about knives, hands, feet, or blunt objects.

You mean you haven’t seen the news reports on those deadly assault feet?

Archived