Photo

Denial letter came today.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Frank1

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:32 AM

I applied on August 2 2020 and I received a denial letter today. It came with paperwork to appeal it I guess. I thought I had 2 25-30yr old felonies but the letter only showing one, I think. Do I have a chance for appeal? What should I write on the appeal letter? Id like an attorney to help to make faster and easier if I have a chance.

Attached Files

#2 Euler

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:05 AM

Before you appeal, first you'd have to get the felonies expunged. Depending on what they are, that may or may not happen.
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#3 JTHunter

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 12:49 PM

Frank1 - if what I saw in that letter on the right margin is correct, this record is in or from C®ook County.  If this is correct, you may have an uphill battle getting those expunged.  That does NOT mean you won't be successful but history has shown how deceitful and treacherous C®ook County has been.

Good luck !

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#4 Frank1

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 12:54 PM

Yes it was in cook county. Any advice on the appeal letter I received with denial letter? Any lawyers on here that I could hire?

#5 Penumbra1811

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 01:54 PM

Im in Macon County and i got the same kind of letter myself. I have three felonies from over 26 years ago and i appealed and did what ISP told me to do in the letter. Finaly after three years in appeals i recieved a letter from ISP it was my Foid Card and i just got it in January of this year. Around almost a month letter i recieved another letter from ISP stating my firearm rights have been restored. It is possible that this can happen to you i have nothing violent in my past i was just young and dumb.

#6 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 17,611 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 05:08 PM

I applied on August 2 2020 and I received a denial letter today. It came with paperwork to appeal it I guess. I thought I had 2 25-30yr old felonies but the letter only showing one, I think. Do I have a chance for appeal? What should I write on the appeal letter? Id like an attorney to help to make faster and easier if I have a chance.

What does it say on the back of the letter - what kind of paperwork did they send.  Sounds like you just need to appeal to the ISP and not have to go to through a court appeal.  If this is the case and you have had a clean record for the past 10 years, your odds of getting your rights restored are good.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#7 JTHunter

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 08:00 PM

Im in Macon County and i got the same kind of letter myself. I have three felonies from over 26 years ago and i appealed and did what ISP told me to do in the letter. Finaly after three years in appeals i recieved a letter from ISP it was my Foid Card and i just got it in January of this year. Around almost a month letter i recieved another letter from ISP stating my firearm rights have been restored. It is possible that this can happen to you i have nothing violent in my past i was just young and dumb.

:clap: Congratulations !! :yes1:

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users