Sleepy Joe expected to take executive action on guns April 8

Jeffrey

I heard on radio, the focus of the EO/EA will be on BGC. They also said he is expected to nominate an anti-gunner for head of the ATF.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/547036-biden-to-nominate-gun-control-advocate-as-atf-director

..."President Biden is expected to nominate David Chipman, an adviser at the gun control group Giffords, to serve as his director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), multiple people familiar with the plans confirmed Wednesday.

Chipman spent more than two decades as a special agent working for ATF and currently works as a senior policy adviser for Giffords, a gun control group formed by former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.), who survived a 2011 mass shooting at a shopping center outside Tucson"...

I heard on radio, the focus of the EO/EA will be on BGC. They also said he is expected to nominate an anti-gunner for head of the ATF.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/547036-biden-to-nominate-gun-control-advocate-as-atf-director

..."President Biden is expected to nominate David Chipman, an adviser at the gun control group Giffords, to serve as his director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), multiple people familiar with the plans confirmed Wednesday.

Chipman spent more than two decades as a special agent working for ATF and currently works as a senior policy adviser for Giffords, a gun control group formed by former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.), who survived a 2011 mass shooting at a shopping center outside Tucson"...

Because the ATF is too gun friendly in its current state.

Only got as far as: “Concealed Assault Style Weapons”

I am probably wrong but can we conceal carry an Assault Weapon?

Or is this their new definition of a hand gun?

Probably meant to be "concealable assault weapons", e.g. AR pistols.

Not the easiest task to conceal an AR pistol with a 30 round magazine (if it only has a 10 rounder and no flip up site and foldable stock, is it really an "assault weapon" by their definitions :blink: ), I'm not saying it can't be done, but you could also conceal a full sized AR rifle, that doesn't mean it would logically fit in a common concealable category for carry.

I can't follow all news reports but know some of you do. Has there ever been a documented case of a 'ghost' gun being used in a crime?

No idea, but every week in Chicago alone they catch people with guns with the serial number ground off. So I have no idea what going after "ghost guns" will accomplish since a few seconds with a dremel tool turns any gun into an untraceable "ghost gun".

This fits in with their wish to conflate "semi-automatic" with "Assault Weapons".

For NOW, their Biden (wet) dream is to dial us back to revolvers and lever/bolt action.

Probably meant to be "concealable assault weapons", e.g. AR pistols.

Not the easiest task to conceal an AR pistol with a 30 round magazine (if it only has a 10 rounder and no flip up site and foldable stock, is it really an "assault weapon" by their definitions :blink: ), I'm not saying it can't be done, but you could also conceal a full sized AR rifle, that doesn't mean it would logically fit in a common concealable category for carry.

It's not supposed to make sense or be logical. You're just to obey and "turn them all in Mr.and Mrs. America"

ttps://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-biden-announces-executive-order-crackdown-on-guns-new-anti-gun-atf-director

In a statement, the administration outlined the following “initial actions” in his attack on gun rights:

• he Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.”
  • The Justice Department, within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act.
  • The Justice Department, within 60 days, will publish model “red flag” legislation for states.

Finally, the administration announced they will nominate David Chipman to serve as Director of the ATF. Chipman worked at Giffords, which advocates for gun bans. CNN called Chipman a “fierce advocate for gun control.” Chipman locked his Twitter account so people cannot see what he has stated publicly, however, a comparison of online archives to his current account appears to show that he has deleted well over 1,000 tweets.

Biden’s new actions run contrary to his pledge to unite and heal political divisions in the country as tens of millions of law abiding gun owners will rightly see his actions as an assault on their freedoms.

I can't follow all news reports but know some of you do. Has there ever been a documented case of a 'ghost' gun being used in a crime?

No idea, but every week in Chicago alone they catch people with guns with the serial number ground off. So I have no idea what going after "ghost guns" will accomplish since a few seconds with a dremel tool turns any gun into an untraceable "ghost gun".

Any law that even smells like registration will make every gun over 10 years old a ghost gun.

Because the ATF is too gun friendly in its current state.

New guy? We use typically use purple to show sarcasm.

Any law that even smells like registration will make every gun over 10 years old a ghost gun.

That's assuming that the ten year record thing was ever actually followed...

Truth. I know a FFL that keeps all 4473's forever. Why? 'To cover my xxx!', he said.
Person to Person transfer records are to be kept for ten years. FFLs may have to hold onto paperwork as long as they're in business.

That's assuming that the ten year record thing was ever actually followed...

Truth. I know a FFL that keeps all 4473's forever. Why? 'To cover my xxx!', he said.

Wrong attitude regarding documentation storage. Follow the law and dispose of things no longer required. Holding things longer than necessary could also come back to bite him. Just give them a reason. Old 4473 from 15 years ago on a gun that now has bodies on it. Nevermind it was stolen and passed around who knows how many times. The FFL from 15 years ago is connected to that gun and now they want to see who else you've sold to. I guess it probably doesn't matter one way or the other ultimately. Joe will have his team knock down your door either way. Would that be the time when Joe says is a good one to blast two rounds through the door?

Because no one seemed to know and Ealcala hasn't weighed in yet, I looked it up.

I didn't know there was a 5 year requirement for no sale NICS checks.

How long are licensees required to maintain ATF Forms 4473?

Licensees shall retain each ATF Form 4473 for a period of not less than 20 years after the date of sale or disposition. Where a licensee has initiated a National Instant Background Check System (NICS) check for a proposed firearms transaction, but the sale, delivery, or transfer of the firearm is not made, the licensee shall record any transaction number on the Form 4473, and retain the Form 4473 for a period of not less than 5 years after the date of the NICS inquiry.

[18 U.S.C. 923(g)(1)(A); 27 CFR 478.129

Wow, this alone seems beyond ripe for a court challenge, since the 2nd is a right to self defense and they are literally saying that they desire to diminish the accuracy of the weapon because it might be more accurate with this device that sure seems to run contrary to not only the 2nd but the entire 'public safety' claims they use to infringe on the 2nd! It also might very well spur and fuel a valid handicap claim for braces, that IMO was on flimsy ground originally but this sure gives it some real validity when even the government is saying these braces help the shooter with stability, something many people not only handicapped people would benefit from! I really hope stuff like this finally lights the fire under the Supreme Court's butts!

Safety.jpg

Wow, this alone seems beyond ripe for a court challenge, since the 2nd is a right to self defense and they are literally saying that they desire to diminish the accuracy of the weapon because it might be more accurate with this device that sure seems to run contrary to not only the 2nd but the entire 'public safety' claims they use to infringe on the 2nd! It also might very well spur and fuel a valid handicap claim for braces, that IMO was on flimsy ground originally but this sure gives it some real validity when even the government is saying these braces help the shooter with stability, something many people not only handicapped people would benefit from! I really hope stuff like this finally lights the fire under the Supreme Court's butts!

Safety.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but personably I don't know too may people who CC a pistol with a brace on it... Almost as if it has nothing to do with being concealable... Just a thought.

Archived