A first for me, and it really surprised me!

JDW

I ordered a new competition pistol from a big dealer in Iowa and had it shipped to my FFL. It's been sitting out at the FFL for 2 weeks or so. This morning I decided to take a drive out there and pick up my new firearm. Every firearm purchase I've made has been an instant approval. I'm talking about 5 to 10 seconds and bam, approved. Today, even before the FFL submitted my 4473, they said, hope you're not in any hurry to take this new pistol home or to the range. I had a very weird feeling when I heard those words. I'm thinking, oh no, the feds are gonna pull an Illinois now and make me wait forever to get my hands on my new firearm. The FFL told me

everyone was being delayed by 2+ weeks, including LEO's.

I have this bad feeling that I just entered the twilight zone. I've read about some real horror stories on these new delays, but never thought I'd be a victim of them. Nothing at all has changed about me, no moving violations, not even a dang parking ticket.I guess this might be the new normal. My FFL did tell me that many other FFL's they've spoken with are experiencing the very same, even mentioned one big box store. Dag nabbit,I was so excited to get it home, to mount the RDS on it after cleaning and lubing it, now I wonder if I'll see it by September. Lol. This S*CKS

If it was at the FFL for two weeks why not get the 4473 filled out. Then and you’d have the firearm by now maybe!

On

Bingo, you're 100% correct. I've been kind of sore with a bad back, so I used that excuse to be lazy. Can't say you're wrong my friend. I just never expected this based on how smoothly every other transaction over the years has gone. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at all. Ill-annoy is awesome. :)

Anyone here who sees a doctor with DuPage Medical Group, the largest physicians group in the state, knows by now they had major problems. 750 doctors, 2 million patient visits per year, and they were totally down for darn near one full week. No phones, no online, no MyChart, nothing. The worst part to me is that they seemed to be trying to keep whatever happened very hush hush!!! I don't know if they were hacked, ransomewared, or something more nefarious. I don't know if my medical records were stolen, no clue and no answers. It's incredible to see how much more of this type of activity seems to be taking place since January 2021. I thought our sophisticated firewall folks were the best of the best. Oh well, welcome to cyberspace!

Makes you wonder if their system has been compromised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone here who sees a doctor with DuPage Medical Group, the largest physicians group in the state, knows by now they had major problems. 750 doctors, 2 million patient visits per year, and they were totally down for darn near one full week. No phones, no online, no MyChart, nothing. The worst part to me is that they seemed to be trying to keep whatever happened very hush hush!!! I don't know if they were hacked, ransomewared, or something more nefarious. I don't know if my medical records were stolen, no clue and no answers. It's incredible to see how much more of this type of activity seems to be taking place since January 2021. I thought our sophisticated firewall folks were the best of the best. Oh well, welcome to cyberspace! Makes you wonder if their system has been compromised.

They’re compiling the database of China flu vaccines so they know who’s door to knock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delayed response IC friends. I got a call early the morning after my delay. I was approved???? Weird, since I was told weeks at a minimum. I picked up the new purchase yesterday. Wow, can't wait to get out to the club and put some rounds down range.

As an aside, FFL told me gun sales have come to a screeching halt over the last month. They from slammed to de Notta, well not really de notta, but sales are down by 80% compared to just a month ago.

Furthermore, I've seen stacks, big huge stacks of ammo in a lot of stores. Prices are still high. My guess is that we'll see some lower prices on ammo, possibly much lower by the EOY, unless we get another shut down or some other nonsense.

Anyway, that's just a lil update on what I'm seeing in my area. To whoever said his LGS was great and he had no issues, good for you. My LGS is one with an enormous selection of firearms, but they also have the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. I drive 25 miles to utilize the services of another LGS for everything. I can't spend money at a business that treats customers like %&$#!!!!!!!

Have a nice weekend folks, stay healthy and enjoy life.

Thanks for everyone's responses.

J

To add to what JDW said about ammo, I was in the Academy store in O'Fallon today to look for primers and bullets for reloading .38 Sp./.357 (no such luck !) and they had table in the aisle with multiple boxes of .223 on it. As I don't use it, I failed to note the price. I did notice that they did have more boxes of ammo on the shelves of a lot of different calibers (no prices noticed).

Anyone here who sees a doctor with DuPage Medical Group, the largest physicians group in the state, knows by now they had major problems. 750 doctors, 2 million patient visits per year, and they were totally down for darn near one full week. No phones, no online, no MyChart, nothing. The worst part to me is that they seemed to be trying to keep whatever happened very hush hush!!! I don't know if they were hacked, ransomewared, or something more nefarious. I don't know if my medical records were stolen, no clue and no answers. It's incredible to see how much more of this type of activity seems to be taking place since January 2021. I thought our sophisticated firewall folks were the best of the best. Oh well, welcome to cyberspace!

Makes you wonder if their system has been compromised.

I would NEVER give that place business, I was in the middle of a worker's comp claim and my company's comp carrier paid one of their doctors to dispute my doctor's testimony. My Dr is from Midwest Orthopedics at Rush (who is consistently ranked in the top 10 best orthos in the country) and was not paid for his testimony he was my treating physician. Turns out this guy has a good side gig going being a paid "expert" in workers comp cases but only for the defense. Complete scumbag.

I purchased a Kimber Micro 9 Rapide online and went to my local FFL on July 16th. As of yesterday it has still not cleared. I feel powerless that my rights are being stomped on and it seems interstate commerce is being impeded by Illinois communist laws.

This will be my fourth gun purchase this year and every other purchase cleared within the 3 day cooling off period.

My FOID application submitted last May took 9 months. Wife's only took 2 months and we applied on the same day.

When my kids are out of school we will be moving to a friendlier gun state when we downsize. So frustrating.

Archived