Three men file suit to get FOID cards reinstated

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bmyers

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,529 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 04:57 AM

Local Men File Suit in Second Amendment Case | RiverBender.com

EDWARDSVILLE – Three men have filed suit in an effort to have their firearm identification cards restored.

Plaintiffs Danny Rauschkolb, Jeffrey B. Bridges, and Timothy Hartweger have named Gregory Hacker, chief of the Illinois State Police firearms services. Also named is State’s Attorney Thomas, only in his official capacity and not accused of wrongdoing.

Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA

ISRA Member

#2 press1280

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 06:39 AM

Bridges’ license was suspended as a result of a medical reaction to prescribed medication, resulting in a hospital stay of 72 hours, according to the suit.

Say what????? They're now taking away FOID cards for non-mental medical issues????

#3 Euler

• Members
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 12:18 PM

Rauschkolb had his FOID suspended because he was accused (not convicted) of a felony. The case against him was dismissed.

Bridges had his FOID suspended in 2016 because of a non-mental hospital stay. It's possible the hospital offers in-patient mental care. We see plenty of stories like that on this site.

Hartwegger had his FOID suspended because of a pending protection order, which has been rescinded. This one could be interesting, because one of the provisions of the "FOID Modernization" bill was that FOIDs should be reinstated automatically after orders expire or are rescinded.

I don't see the ISRA listed as supporting these suits, either. I guess there's still time.
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#4 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 5,170 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 12:55 PM

Could the prescription medication have been associated with depression, or another control med?
If the reaction to it would make him snap, get sick, cause him to need different meds ASAP!
Just spit balling here.

#5 Quiet Observer

• 2,136 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 02:20 PM

Some here are jumping to unsupported conclusions based on scanty information from the article. 

That is why we have courts where both sides are fully presented. 

For instance, many drugs that are prescribed for numerous non-mental problems can have emotional side effects, even suicidal ideation or violence. 

Drugs That Can Cause Depression, Agitation & Suicidality | RxISK

Many of the TV ads caution people to notify their doctor if the are having such thoughts while a medication. 

I am not saying this was the cause for the case above. 

We may not have the full story on the other cases, either. 

Bureaucrats screw up too.

I do not have enough information to have an opinion either way.

#6 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 17,689 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 03:52 PM

Following - this could get very interesting . . .

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#7 es503IL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 04:43 PM

Rauschkolb had his FOID suspended because he was accused (not convicted) of a felony. The case against him was dismissed.

Bridges had his FOID suspended in 2016 because of a non-mental hospital stay. It's possible the hospital offers in-patient mental care. We see plenty of stories like that on this site.

Hartwegger had his FOID suspended because of a pending protection order, which has been rescinded. This one could be interesting, because one of the provisions of the "FOID Modernization" bill was that FOIDs should be reinstated automatically after orders expire or are rescinded.

I don't see the ISRA listed as supporting these suits, either. I guess there's still time.

ISRA is probably going to FUDD it up and come out again as "neutral". With friends like that, who needs enemies.

#8 cope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 08:00 PM

ISRA will do their normal like they learned from the NRA....... wait until it appears a victory is forthcoming then attach their names

#9 WitchDoctor

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 01:50 PM

I do know this IRA will never get another dollar from me. Ever.

IC Sponsor

ISRA Member

Proud Parent to  wonderful, most times, kids...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

Violence and force is what criminals understand!

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users