Walmart no longer accepts ISP Letter

Well, that's walmart for ya. Most gun shops would accept it. I'm not sure what the big deal is because I just flash my foid and it's good, like sometimes it don't even leave my hand. But I stopped bothering with ammo at Walmart. I walk by and see 22lr sometimes, always 12 gauge and various rifle rounds but guess what, you can't get anybody over there to help you for the life of you, unless you're lucky of course. Every time it's wait 10 minutes, wait 15 mins, walk around looking for somebody, oh nobody here has a foid, oh we can't find the key. It's a bunch of BS so I stopped bothering and if I were you I wouldn't even worry about getting stuff from Walmart anyway, even though their prices are still normal.

Just left walmart and was informed Walmart will no longer accept the ISP DIR. Kelly letter stating that your FOID is still valid. You must have an unexpired valid FOID to purchase any guns of ammo!

Did you go to every single Walmart in Illinois to verify this a corporate policy, or to just a single store?

A lot of chains get a bad reputation based on actions of a single clerk or manager in one store.

Just left walmart and was informed Walmart will no longer accept the ISP DIR. Kelly letter stating that your FOID is still valid. You must have an unexpired valid FOID to purchase any guns of ammo!

We knew this was going to eventually come back on us. Even tho the ISP says the cards are valid the merchants, FFL’s etc will start to push back as it’s been over a year or more. Not saying it’s correct or even fair, just saying. There is always the option to visit another Walmart if that’s your go to ammo supply. As for guns, do they actually sell hand guns anymore? I’m not sure as I did my Wally Walk years ago and haven’t been back since!

We knew this was going to eventually come back on us. Even tho the ISP says the cards are valid the merchants, FFL’s etc will start to push back as it’s been over a year or more. Not saying it’s correct or even fair, just saying. There is always the option to visit another Walmart if that’s your go to ammo supply. As for guns, do they actually sell hand guns anymore? I’m not sure as I did my Wally Walk years ago and haven’t been back since!

From the Walmart Corp site:

Items We Don’t Sell

Walmart does not sell military-style rifles, such as the AR-15, or any type of AR-15 accessory, including bump stocks and high-capacity magazines. These items are also listed on our prohibited items list for online marketplace sellers. We have a process to monitor our eCommerce marketplace and help ensure our policies are applied.

As of September 2019, we have discontinued the sale of:

• handguns, which were previously sold only in our Alaska stores
  • ammunition for handguns
  • ammunition for short-barrel rifles such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large-capacity clips on military-style weapons
  • ammunition like the .300 Blackout, 7.62x.39 and .224 Valkyrie

Archived