Photo

Illinois - tremendous spike in FOID applications and long FOID renewals

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 Skris48

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:21 AM

I finally received my foid. Renewed 5/5/20, received 4/3/21.
Ironically my friend renewed his card 3 weeks ago and he received his new one the same day I did.
How is that possible?

#32 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 17,465 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:41 AM

I finally received my foid. Renewed 5/5/20, received 4/3/21.
Ironically my friend renewed his card 3 weeks ago and he received his new one the same day I did.
How is that possible?

Guessing. Possibly they are trying to now keep up with new renewals to keep the avalanche from expanding and at the same time processing delayed renewals as they can?

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#33 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 8,434 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 09:52 AM

I renewed the day my app button opened up at 90 days prior. It's been 110 calendar days under review, roughly 80 business days. Hoping for the best like so many as my card has a printed expired date although I know it is still active.
NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
SAF Member; GOA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#34 spanishjames

• 3,444 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:41 AM

I helped two friends apply for their FOID recently. Both of them received them within TWO WEEKS!

To disarm is to consent to slavery.

#35 illinois_buckeye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:08 AM

Wow.  That's better than when I got mine in just over 30 days last year. That's how the system should work if we must have a foid.

#36 JTHunter

• Members
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:57 PM

I helped two friends apply for their FOID recently. Both of them received them within TWO WEEKS!

Were these new applications or renewals?  If new, that might be the difference.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#37 spanishjames

• 3,444 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 02:18 PM

These are new applicants.

#38 spanishjames

• 3,444 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 02:20 PM

I also know people who waited anywhere from six months to a year. So I was astonished that they received it so quickly. Both of them applied in March 2021.

#39 Chitownshooterz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:51 PM

Just received my renewal FOID after applying in early May 2020. Funny thing, my wife’s card arrived today as well and that was applied for in July 2020. Probably figured they’d get both of us taken care of at the same time.

#40 seanc

• 1,165 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:17 AM

Someone uncorked the logjam!  New and old requests are finally being processed.  I think it had more to do with the lawsuits than pressure from reps.

I did a change of address in February and got my updated FOID and CCW 2 weeks later.  My son and brother-in-law applied for their FOID cards last June and my son just got his FOID a week ago (sent to our old address and then forwarded by post office to current).  

Edited by seanc, 06 April 2021 - 10:18 AM.

"Senator if we figure out a way to make criminals obey the law, then you'll be my first call"

#41 illinois_buckeye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:09 PM

For those who got them in 2 weeks, play the lottery.  Maybe you could be a millionare lol.

#42 kk5

• Members
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 01:14 PM

I received a new FOID card with an issue date of 3/26/2021 and expiry of 9/1/2022. I didn't lose or ask for a replacement and have not moved so perplexed. Nothing changed on the card same photo, number.address, orig expiry date. Too bad it wasn't for 10 years grrr.

This state is bonkers

Surrender, Like HE Double Hockey Sticks

#43 Hatchet

• 3,133 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 02:08 PM

I received a new FOID card with an issue date of 3/26/2021 and expiry of 9/1/2022. I didn't lose or ask for a replacement and have not moved so perplexed. Nothing changed on the card same photo, number.address, orig expiry date. Too bad it wasn't for 10 years grrr.

This state is bonkers

did you still have the old style and recently renewed CCL?

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#44 kk5

• Members
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 04:38 PM

This state is bonkers

did you still have the old style and recently renewed CCL?

No, all numbers, address, etc are the same. My CCL renewed in 2018. Got me as to why.

Surrender, Like HE Double Hockey Sticks

#45 bosshogg

• 19 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:18 PM

These are new applicants.

I was a new applicant about a year ago. Took 30 days exactly to get it in my hand.

#46 InterestedBystander

• 8,434 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:31 PM

Someone uncorked the logjam!  New and old requests are finally being processed.

Oh, great...now Im going to be stuck in that check website status often loop once again! ;-)
NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
SAF Member; GOA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#47 bosshogg

• 19 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:33 PM

Someone uncorked the logjam!  New and old requests are finally being processed.

Oh, great...now Im going to be stuck in that check website status often loop once again! ;-)

We've all been there at one point or another, Unfortunately   

#48 yurimodin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:12 PM

so when is someone cough head of ISP cough going to be personally sued for civil rights violations?????

#49 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 17,465 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:54 PM

so when is someone cough head of ISP cough going to be personally sued for civil rights violations?????

There is a lawsuit.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#50 yurimodin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 01:48 PM

There is a lawsuit.

Is it a "please do your job" lawsuit or an "I'd rather be paying alimony" lawsuit.......the gloves need to come off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users