Under board review

Glz5200

Were you notified by the CCL Review Board? Did they ask for a statement from you?

This link has very important information about responding to the review board.https://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66414&page=1

Yes and yes. Im about to write a letter now.

Take Molly B's advice.

• 9 months later...

Hello everyone really glad I was accepted into the page so I can seek advice . So I went under board review for my concealed carry license when I got a letter stating a agency set a objection on getting my ccl approved but thing is when I sent my response through the Illinois state police the website had a huge glitch and did not send the response I wanted to send so now I’m worried I will be denied because of it . I did send a email and sent a hand written letter but my question is would anyone know if they will see my card I sent to the review boards suite and pass it on to be seen as my response ? Any help would be great . Thank you all in advance 

• 6 months later...

I have a question. I love in cook count and my ccl application was submitted in September of 2021. It has been under review since January of 2022. The only letter I’ve been receiving is allow an additional 30 days. I received a level 1 dui at the age of 18 and I have never had any run in with law enforcement a day in my life besides the dui. To my knowledge ccl privileges are revoked after 2 or more DUI’s. Is there something I should be worried about?

On 6/4/2022 at 10:53 AM, Deandre said:

I have a question. I love in cook count and my ccl application was submitted in September of 2021. It has been under review since January of 2022. The only letter I’ve been receiving is allow an additional 30 days. I received a level 1 dui at the age of 18 and I have never had any run in with law enforcement a day in my life besides the dui. To my knowledge ccl privileges are revoked after 2 or more DUI’s. Is there something I should be worried about?

Is your application under review or "under board review"?  If it is under board review, that means a law enforcement agency has filed an objection to your application - Cook Co. is notorious for doing to this anyone who shows up in the system.  If you have an attorney, you might have them send a letter to the CCL Review Board and ask what information they are needing for their review, but other than that, waiting is about all you can do.

If the board sends you a letter asking for a response from you, here is a link with some very helpful suggestions:

Archived