Photo

New FOID wait time

FOID

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 dk70

• 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:46 PM

I applied on June 23, 2020.  Now on my 258th day waiting.  WTH??  Any remedies?

#2 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 03:16 PM

Grab a good Dr. Seuss book and read a little.
Follow a few of the forums already here with great information.
And lastly for a remedy, lower your expectations cause the People’s Republic of Illinois has!

#3 acsewalk

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 08:36 AM

My wife's application is the same day.  ISPFSB lists a FOID number on her page but is still "Under Review".  I constantly see other applications after hers (and yours) being approved, so it makes me think someone took the apps from that week home to work on and lost them  :blink:

#4 max

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 02:25 PM

My wife applied about 8 weeks ago and got it yesterday.

#5 dk70

• 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for the info, acsewalk.  I've sent the ISP foid contact link messages about 3 times, but I'm sure nobody is responding to those.

Make me feel great to see others who have applied more recently have gotten theirs instead.  lol.  Glad your wife got hers, max.

#6 Daryo22

• 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 10:41 AM

I applied on June 15, 2020, my status just changed to Active yesterday.

#7 st0mper

• 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:00 PM

In the same boat and tried everything- Representatives and Senators office, ISP Directly, even Molly tried reaching out for me.  
Applied for new FOID and CCL (Same time) June 27th, 2020 and still under review.  Maybe they don't like that I check-in every day and have had multiple sources submit inquiries for me...lol

#8 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 5,155 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:27 PM

In the same boat and tried everything- Representatives and Senators office, ISP Directly, even Molly tried reaching out for me.  
Applied for new FOID and CCL (Same time) June 27th, 2020 and still under review.  Maybe they don't like that I check-in every day and have had multiple sources submit inquiries for me...lol

You may have stumbled upon something there.
Maybe they are so busy replying to inquiries...........

Ah ha ha ha ha ha who am I kidding, they don’t reply to anyone. Just thought I’d bring a little levity to an otherwise sad system!

#9 st0mper

• 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:49 PM

You may have stumbled upon something there.
Maybe they are so busy replying to inquiries...........

Ah ha ha ha ha ha who am I kidding, they don’t reply to anyone. Just thought I’d bring a little levity to an otherwise sad system!

:D You are probably right!  Too busy deleting emails from people like me  :D

#10 joker

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 05:16 PM

Friends wife applied for FOID March 21, 2021 came in the mail today 8 days 

Must have been a mistake

#11 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 5,155 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 05:21 PM

Not possible
8 days
Maybe they applied 3/21/2020?
I dont think you can even go QC_verified that fast

But ok, just saying in near 7 years here no one has this story!

Edited by Bubbacs, 29 March 2021 - 06:21 PM.

#12 joker

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 05:34 PM

Nope  3/21/21 

My friend called 2 Sundays ago said his wife was applying- some instructor was doing it for her and I think she started the concealed carry class

He was asking me if I had any firearms for sale, I said check back when she has FOID in hand, well that was today

Guess I'll blow the dust off the shield EZ

#13 HelloAll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 03:13 PM

Did you get it?

#14 out in the tall grass

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 10:16 AM

Wrong thread, sorrry.

Edited by out in the tall grass, 16 June 2021 - 10:17 AM.

#15 CaptCraig

• 29 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 08:49 PM

Pester the sh*t out of them. I would call roughly once a month or whenever I felt especially ornery. Towards the end of my wait I was calling about every other week. I find it best to call as close to when the open at 8:30 am as possible.

#16 Sol-Invictus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 10:10 AM

My wife's renewal FOID finally arrived today, they took payment in February of 2020. 16 months and 3 legislative inquiries.

#17 mab22

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 10:27 AM

Got this email a few days ago from ISRA.

Dear ISRA Members,

Our attorney, who is representing us in the Motion to Dismiss in the Luce v. Kelly CCL application case, is requesting your response.  We are looking for anyone that has been waiting more than 90 days for a CCL (120 days if they did not submit fingerprints).  Please email our attorney  at dsigale@sigalelaw.com by Monday June 21, 2021.

They did not leave a phone number on the email.

Void the FOID!

#18 coz

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 11:45 AM

ISRA is a cancer. 

#19 Illinois Sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 12:33 PM

A coworker of mine had payment taken for his FOID 1-12-21 and is still waiting.  He said when he logs in, it always tells him "two more weeks".  Any suggestions to speed things up?

Thanks for any advice.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government... The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair."     Alexander Hamilton

#20 Illinois Sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 03:01 PM

A coworker of mine had payment taken for his FOID 1-12-21 and is still waiting.  He said when he logs in, it always tells him "two more weeks".  Any suggestions to speed things up?

Thanks for any advice.

I asked him what he was seeing when he logged in.  It looks like he is "unable to log in at this time"  He tried resetting the password and is having no luck.  The "two weeks" I believe is the generic "System Alert!" message that says you should wait two weeks after "active" before contacting FSB.

I suggested he call and try to get through to someone to help him get logged in.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government... The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair."     Alexander Hamilton

#21 InterestedBystander

• 8,553 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for any advice.

I asked him what he was seeing when he logged in.  It looks like he is "unable to log in at this time"  He tried resetting the password and is having no luck.  The "two weeks" I believe is the generic "System Alert!" message that says you should wait two weeks after "active" before contacting FSB.

I suggested he call and try to get through to someone to help him get logged in.
Try registering with a new account instead. Ive read that can reset and blend the account back letting one get back in.
NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
SAF Member; GOA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FOID

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users