Photo

GOP: Allow Pot Smokers to Buy Firearms

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 transplant

• Members
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 05:13 PM

The GOP has been way, way behind on the pot legalization issue.

Look at how it drew young voters in Colorado to vote (and of course vote for commies).

But hur dur drugs are bad. :rolleyes:

If the GOP would have been pushing for pot legalization we could have moved elections across the country in our favor for six or eight years.

#32 WitchDoctor

• Members
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 08:19 PM

groan

double groan!

IC Sponsor

ISRA Member

Proud Parent to  wonderful, most times, kids...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

Violence and force is what criminals understand!

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

#33 Grebnaws

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 09:25 PM

The GOP has been way, way behind on the pot legalization issue.

Look at how it drew young voters in Colorado to vote (and of course vote for commies).

But hur dur drugs are bad. :rolleyes:

If the GOP would have been pushing for pot legalization we could have moved elections across the country in our favor for six or eight years.

This. I don't use. I never have but that isn't the point. On grounds of individual rights and civil liberties I think the GOP (or a 3rd party) has much more to offer in this realm than the "other guys". The other guys only give enough rope for hanging yourself. If it weren't for the taxes applied to legal weed it probably never would have happened in IL. They want your money and they don't give a damn about you, your health, or any of the consequences to society. I don't care either (in benign sense) but I also am not asking for your money. Rodney Davis is making a good call here imo.

#34 davel501

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 09:09 AM

The two major parties have a terrible record on civil liberties. They both want to demonize some group and take things away from them. I would love if the GOP became the Grown-a** Old Man's Party. Their slogan could be if you stay off my lawn I'll stay off yours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users