Mexico: We are suing the US gun makers for our crime problem.

mikew

Mexico sues US gun manufacturers over arms trafficking toll

https://apnews.com/article/business-mexico-caribbean-gun-politics-8ed1a6e046e635d94f2ce61716752f7a

MEXICO CITY (AP) — The Mexican government sued United States gun manufacturers and distributors Wednesday in U.S. federal court, arguing that their negligent and illegal commercial practices have unleashed tremendous bloodshed in Mexico.

The unusual lawsuit was filed in U.S. federal court in Boston. Among those being sued are some of the biggest names in guns, including: Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc.; Barrett Firearms Manufacturing, Inc.; Beretta U.S.A. Corp.; Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC, and Glock Inc. Another defendant is Interstate Arms, a Boston-area wholesaler that sells guns from all but one of the named manufacturers to dealers around the U.S.

The Mexican government argues that the companies know that their practices contribute to the trafficking of guns to Mexico and facilitate it. Mexico wants compensation for the havoc the guns have wrought in its country.

the irony continues here

Why would I not doubt that they were encouraged to do so by the 4th Obummer ... er ... Biden Administration?

My first thought was that they wouldn't try to do this under a Trump admin. He would have turned it around likely something like King suggested, or worse.

By what authority could he have done this? Other than appointing federal judges with consent of the Senate, a President has no authority of the judiciary.

Why would I not doubt that they were encouraged to do so by the 4th Obummer ... er ... Biden Administration?

My first thought was that they wouldn't try to do this under a Trump admin. He would have turned it around likely something like King suggested, or worse.

By what authority could he have done this? Other than appointing federal judges with consent of the Senate, a President has no authority of the judiciary.

I would agree....

Authority over the judiciary would allow anybody to simply defy any court decisions...

Oh wait...

post-15072-0-77474900-1628109178.jpg

post-15072-0-75511800-1628109182.jpg

post-15072-0-77474900-1628109178_thumb.jpg

post-15072-0-75511800-1628109182_thumb.jpg

The same authority Mexico has in suing gun reps?

We should all get together and file a class action as American taxpayers against the government of Mexico for being forced to pay for their citizens' education, health care, food and other expenses. Add in a count for driving our wage scales down so low that we have to support our kids because they can't afford to live on their own.

True, Trump couldn't have had the case dismissed, but he could have put so many retaliatory economic penalties on Mexico that they'd cry.

We should all get together and file a class action as American taxpayers against the government of Mexico for being forced to pay for their citizens' education, health care, food and other expenses. Add in a count for driving our wage scales down so low that we have to support our kids because they can't afford to live on their own.

True, Trump couldn't have had the case dismissed, but he could have put so many retaliatory economic penalties on Mexico that they'd cry.

The one thing that would hurt Mexico would be to restrict money transfers to families in Mexico.

Their economy would collapse.

I would agree....

Authority over the judiciary would allow anybody to simply defy any court decisions...

Oh wait...

post-15072-0-77474900-1628109178.jpg

post-15072-0-75511800-1628109182.jpg

So now the Dementia in Chief has the CDC do his illegal bidding ? We elct people to make these decisions not some fools pretending to do science in an office building. This is outrageous.

The one thing that would hurt Mexico would be to restrict money transfers to families in Mexico.

Their economy would collapse.

Trump mentioned this several times, but never acted. I suspect there was heavy duty corporate bank opposition, or he used it as a bargaining chip to get that border closing agreement he made with Mexico.

Archived