Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2021

Mr. Fife

Hey everybody Iâm kind of new here but just wanted to stop in and and relay What my current CCL instructor told our class this week. Essentially said right now applicants who apply with fingerprints are for the most part getting their approvals/denials Within the 90 day waiting period. Non-fingerprint applications 6 to 8 months and beyond. Iâm on sure how accurate this is but, hereâs to hoping ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I submitted my renewal application on 10/24/20 and have been "under review" ever since. Am I correct in understanding that an over 6 month wait time to process a renewal is what passes as normal in Illinois? My latest nonresident renewal from another state processed in weeks and I think that state was also hit by the pandemic.

Earlier today I went on the ISP site and was logging in with no hopes of anything changed since the last 500 or more times I have logged in since submitting my CCL application. I log in and start to go down the page to see the CCL section. Once I got to the CCL section I was completely surprised to see my CCL application since February 2nd 2021 was in Under Review to now finally being changed to Active!!! It is a miracle!! Also I submitted my CCL application without fingerprints. It seems like the ISP have started to be much more faster then they were since last year with the cornavirus pandemic going on. This is my first time applying for the CCL it was not a renewal. How long will it take for my CCL to arrive in the mail?

Applied for CCL: 02/02/2021 - Without Prints

Active: 05/14/2021

Time to Active: 101 Days

Earlier today I went on the ISP site and was logging in with no hopes of anything changed since the last 500 or more times I have logged in since submitting my CCL application. I log in and start to go down the page to see the CCL section. Once I got to the CCL section I was completely surprised to see my CCL application since February 2nd 2021 was in Under Review to now finally being changed to Active!!! It is a miracle!! Also I submitted my CCL application without fingerprints. It seems like the ISP have started to be much more faster then they were since last year with the cornavirus pandemic going on. This is my first time applying for the CCL it was not a renewal. How long will it take for my CCL to arrive in the mail?

101 days with no prints? That would be considered a record, even before the pandemic.

Interesting.

101 days with no prints? That would be considered a record, even before the pandemic.

Interesting.

Yeah I’m surprised myself too that even happened I assumed with everyone else having major delays I would have to wait anywhere from 6 months to year. I got pretty lucky this happened and didn’t have to wait so long. Now I never submitted fingerprints on the ISP website but I had my fingerprints done around November 2020 for a job that required it. I’m not sure if that was the reason why. How long does it take for the CCL to arrive in the mail with everything still going on?

Submitted new CCL 3/21/2021 under review. I'm not to far behind you hopefully soon for me I also can't believe how fast that was for you maybe things will be looking up for us but not holding my breath.

Submitted new CCL 3/21/2021 under review. I'm not to far behind you hopefully soon for me I also can't believe how fast that was for you maybe things will be looking up for us but not holding my breath.

I really hope so for you and everyone. It looks like ISP has picked up the pace. Hopefully now they start getting to everyone that has applied and been waiting patiently. There is actually quite a good amount people on this site who have got their CCL active without fingerprints in less then 100-120 days that is before and after the start of the pandemic. I’m not sure how they have it organized in which order they are doing the CCL applications. All I know is that they are doing all new applicants for CCL first before the renewals applicants. This is my first time submitting a CCL application and did it without fingerprints. I have a cousin who went to the same CCL class as me but over a year ago before I took the class. He even submitted his CCL application last year somewhere between June or July. I think with fingerprints or not but still it is about to be a whole year almost since submitting his application and he is still under review too.

I applied in March 2021, on the 70day mark ..I put two inquiries, no word from them yet...This is crazy never thought background checks could take so long... Status still says "under review"...why do they give you a FOID# if you're status still says that?...Guess they like playing with people's emotions.

I applied for my CCL December 22, 2020 with fingerprints and my quality check has been approved every since February 04, 2021 and ISP has not completed my background check to issue my CCL as of yet also. I called them but they won't tell me anything. They also said that once they start my background check that it would only take 5 minutes to do but yet I been waiting on background check to be completed with them since February 2021 and it's still not done. I will be at 5 months waiting for CCL as of this Saturday. Also a inquiry was submitted to them as well on May 5, 2021 and have not heard anything yet.

Just received my CCL Card in the mail today!!! Total of 107 days from submitting CCL application without fingerprints to receiving the card in mail. Took about 6 days to have card in my hand after getting Active on the ISP website!! Total days for everything and having card in hand is: 107 days

I'm at 445 days and I'm still "under review" for my renewal.

At this point, I don't think I'll ever see a new card.

Have we sent in an inquiry for you?

Have not sent an inquiry yet. It's good to know that we can do this though.

I have some friends who have been waiting just a bit longer than me and they are now finally getting their renewal CCL's, so I'm hoping I'm going to be next soon.

Let's wait one more month or so and see what happens. If I still don't have it at around the 500 day mark, then we should probably do an inquiry.

My wife and I both applied 12/31/2020, no prints, mine shows active as of today 4/20/2021. My wife is still under review we'll see how long before I have card in hand, and how long it takes for the wife.

Update: I got my card in the mail yesterday, 4/26/21. My wife is still under review.

Update again, my cousin applied in Dec. Got hers in 126 days. My wife's card shows active today 5/27/21 147days. So hopefully she will get it in the mail in the next week.

CCL Renewal 7/16/2020. Still under review today (5/2/2021). 321 days and counting.

I realize others have been waiting longer for their CCL renewals.

But come on ISP ... this is ridiculous and getting more ridiculous with the passing of each day.

Wonder what the state would do if I was 321 days late on paying my taxes? Sit by and patiently wait for me to send in my check?

CCL Renewal 7/16/2020. Still under review today (5/2/2021). 321 days and counting.

But come on ISP ... this is ridiculous and getting more ridiculous with the passing of each day.

Wonder what the state would do if I was 321 days late on paying my taxes? Sit by and patiently wait for me to send in my check?

Thanks Molly. I sent you a PM with my details. Appreciate your offer. But I wish the state would get its act together so we won't have to bother you! Tod

Archived