FYI - SBR transfer time

Benbow

Well, its been 30 days since I applied for the tax stamp and today I got a reply from the ATF. I was "disapproved". Reason for Disapproval: IL FOID Card Required. The eForms did not ask for a FOID so I am now trying to get that corrected. At least the ATF gave me contact info.

Here's what I missed:

k. State or Local Permit. If a state or local permit or license is required before the making of a firearm, a copy of the permit or license must be submitted with the application.

Any update?

Well, its been 30 days since I applied for the tax stamp and today I got a reply from the ATF. I was "disapproved". Reason for Disapproval: IL FOID Card Required. The eForms did not ask for a FOID so I am now trying to get that corrected. At least the ATF gave me contact info.

Here's what I missed:

k. State or Local Permit. If a state or local permit or license is required before the making of a firearm, a copy of the permit or license must be submitted with the application.

Any update?

There is no way to correct the form. I had to re-submit everything. I DID send a copy of my FOID this time. My status is: SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS 15 days as of today.

• 4 weeks later...

I applied for a builders stamp not an off the shelf model. A few years ago I bought a "solvent trap with storage cups" The kit came threaded, I just got back from the machine shop where we added a few holes in the right places and added a serial #. Next I assemble my silencer/suppressor and head to the range for testing. Right here in the Land of Lincoln. LEGALLY !

I applied for a builders stamp not an off the shelf model. A few years ago I bought a "solvent trap with storage cups" The kit came threaded, I just got back from the machine shop where we added a few holes in the right places and added a serial #. Next I assemble my silencer/suppressor and head to the range for testing. Right here in the Land of Lincoln. LEGALLY !

That is awesome, Congrats. We're you required to register with the IL Gun Licensing Scheme?

That is awesome, Congrats. We're you required to register with the IL Gun Licensing Scheme?

NO

NO
Lucky You. I had my 1st inspection, or sit-down, on Monday, not fun.

Archived