How should I proceed?
I've heard all kinds of horror stories regarding renewals, delays, new applications interfering with renewals, etc.
My FOID is going to expire on Nov. 1, 2019. I just completed my classes for CCL, have my certificate, and would like to apply ASAP.
I'm afraid if I try to do both at the same time, my CCL application may cause my FOID renewal to pause, and then (due to current delays with new CCLs), I fear my FOID may expire, causing my CCL to be denied.
Should I try doing both at the same time? Or should I just renew my FOID, and wait until it's complete before applying for my CCL? (Which would obviously delay the entire process even further...)