Illinois General Assembly 5/31/2021

mauserme

Thanks to everyone here who stayed on top of things for any/most/all of these shenanigans.

Even though no negative bills succeeded in passing yesterday, it still feels like a hollow success. It seems that the only reasons nothing was passed was because the anti-gunners in each chamber just didn't have their stuff all figured out ahead of time. Both chambers were perfectly willing to pass crap last-minute legislation in an effort to jam it down everyone's throats.

Speaker Welch declares House is adjourned to the call of the chair - says let's hope to be back soon. Good night.

All this without calling HB562 or HB1092 for concurrence vote.

I guess I am confused. If they didn't call this for a vote it didn't pass correct? The news stations here are acting like it is a done deal. At this point they need 3/5 to pass anything?

I meant to say this last night but the legislature kept us so busy it never happened.

Congratulation to Todd Vandermyde. After 30 years of lobbying he can now enjoy a well deserved retirement.

Thanks for all you've done.

He has been the one consistent voice on our side. May be enjoy his retirement moving dirt and building more rifle/pistol ranges at ASC.

Speaker Welch declares House is adjourned to the call of the chair - says let's hope to be back soon. Good night.

My supposedly Republican Senator voted For HB562 but against HB1092 ??

I looked up RINO in the dictionary and there was a photo of Sen. Curran.

I meant to say this last night but the legislature kept us so busy it never happened.

Congratulation to Todd Vandermyde. After 30 years of lobbying he can now enjoy a well deserved retirement.

Thanks for all you've done.

Wut? Todd is retiring from the lobbyist business? He had other items beyond firearms. Do you know if he is staying with FFL-IL?

I guess I am confused. If they didn't call this for a vote it didn't pass correct? The news stations here are acting like it is a done deal. At this point they need 3/5 to pass anything?

Bearing Arms also reported HB562 as passed earlier today.

Bearing Arms also reported HB562 as passed earlier today.
Probably confused by needing to pass both chambers and/or returning for a concurrence vote, motions to reconsider, etc.

Can be challenging enough for those closely following. Yet you need to know what you dont know and not pass wrong info along.

Can be challenging enough for those closely following. Yet you need to know what you dont know and not pass wrong info along.

Yeah, nothing passed.

• HB1091 - "Fix the FOID" - passed the House, withheld from the Senate by House Democrats
  • HB1092 - Firearm Restraining Order - passed the House, passed the Senate, never voted on for concurrence
  • SB1165 - "FOID Modernization" - began as the "Abandoned Refrigerator Act" in the Senate, amended to "FOID Modernization" in the Senate, never voted on
  • HB562 - "FOID Modernization" - began as the "Home Inspector License Act" in the House, passed the House, amended to "FOID Modernization" in the Senate, passed the Senate, never voted on for concurrence
"Fix the FOID" could have collided with "FOID Modernization" in the Senate, which might explain why it was withheld. Considering the gymnastics, it looks to me like the House and Senate Democratic leadership really wanted to pass the "FOID Modernization" bill more than the Firearm Restraining Order or "Fix the FOID" bills.

"FOID Modernization" was nominally bi-partisan, had the support of ISP leadership, and may have had some covert ISRA support. As such, it had the closest claim to legitimacy. Maybe that's why the House and Senate Democratic leadership wanted it so much.

This day we prevailed. Sleep a little easier and we'll take up this fight again another day. Good night, folks.

The worthless commies will be back. Don’t forget the BS game they played with the dealer licensing bill. Sat on it until that fat piece of crap was in office.

That said, Molly and Mauser. How about taking ILcarry to the level of replacing ISRA and their weakened woke?

Seriously, look into what it might take for your movement to become "the" movement.

Money and support is only seconds away....

Let's seriously consider this.... we need REAL pro 2A support and lobbying in Illinois, not just the "good old boys" promoting the status quo.

thank you for this forum, glad I found a place that gives REAL updates on 2A legislation, not just what they want you to see.

My state rep is Tom Weber (R-64). In his recent newsletter, "The Weber Wire", he commented on the various pieces of legislation affecting firearm ownership, mentioning HB1091 and HB0562 specifically.

Regarding fingerprints, he said the following:

"House Bill 562, as amended in the Senate, would provide for the automatic renewal of FOID cards for people that have voluntarily supplied fingerprints to the Illinois State Police..."
Then he went on to say, "We should not require fingerprints to use a constitutional right."
I wasn't quite certain from that if he supported or opposed HB0562 as amended, because of the voluntary vs. required comments. The rest of the email gave me the feeling he was opposed to it, so I contacted him via his website. I got a call back from one of his assistants today, and she confirmed that he was opposed to the amendment specifically as well as any other attempt to "fix the FOID" that puts additional burdens on gun owners. I was on a lunch break, so I didn't press to see where he stood on repealing the FOID outright, but I did make my opinion known regarding that, at least.

Archived