UT Renewal

aka

Utah just passed constitutional carry too!

However, I am keeping my Utah LTC because Washington state will recognize a Utah Non-Resident license, but will NOT recognize either the Illinois LTC that I have applied for, nor my current Texas LTC, NH, Maine, AZ, FL, or CT LTC...

You can get a non-resident Washington LTC, but you are required to apply in person to a local sheriff, and you also have to go pick it up 60-90 days later.

• 2 weeks later...

I applied for renewal of my Utah permit to carry on March 1. My new card came in the mail yesterday March 15.

I applied for my FOID renewal 90 days ahead of time in January 2020. I am still under review.

I doubt if I will get it before I move out of Illinois in September.

I realize that it is still valid under the Covid emergency, so I am not concerned.

Agreeing with those above, I will keep my Utah and other states' permits for those that require one.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not Florida

Got my non resident Florida $97.00 for 7 years

No class required

All done thru the mail

Just as good or better then Utah

Not all states honor other all other states non-resident permits.

Utah honors Florida NR, but Washington does not.

Washington honors Utah NR, but Florida does.

I think that I got that right. There may be other exceptions that I did not use the time to look for.

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps v5.1 (Updated Jan. 7, 2021) (usacarry.com)

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps v5.1 (Updated Jan. 7, 2021) (usacarry.com)

• 3 weeks later...

I applied for renewal of my Utah non-resident permit on line on April 10, yesterday April 20, I received a email that there was a problem with my picture. They instructed me how to resubmit the picture by attaching it to the email, which I did. In about 20 minutes I received word back that my permit has been approved and I would receive it in 7-10 days.

I just received my permit in the mail.

Recap, applied April 10, April 20 received word that there was a problem with the picture,I resubmitted the picture. Permit in hand on April 26.

16 days.

I applied for renewal of my Utah non-resident permit on line on April 10, yesterday April 20, I received a email that there was a problem with my picture. They instructed me how to resubmit the picture by attaching it to the email, which I did. In about 20 minutes I received word back that my permit has been approved and I would receive it in 7-10 days.

See how smoothly and efficiently things work when government isn't overwhelmed by corruption.

I just renewed my UT Non-Resident Permit for CCW. All on my Cell phone. Took 30 minutes including watching the video.

It was so simple and straight forward.

Now why can IL not be the same.

Thats because Illinois has a bunch of elected officials that don't represent the people that live in Illinois.

They represent Washington DC.

Archived