Second Objection letter today 430 ILCS 66/15 Wait Another 30 days

bigz9340

Well I am sitting here trying figure out why ?? I have gotten 2nd objection letter 430 ILCS 66/15(a) from the state police today.

Telling me I have to wait 30 days again for concealed carry review board. wait times again until (3/10/21).

When I have not been arrested and or conviction of any kind I am not a criminal, not even a speeding ticket.

I have had a gun cards from 10 years of age my whole life basically, and I have never been in any fishing or hunting arrests or been convicted or given any tickets.

Please help what do I do next,

I been waiting for the CCL from way back in July 7/20/2020 when I submitted my CCL information and CCL class information, everyone else in the class has gotten their CCL Cards but me.

Do I get a attorneys now?? they still have not explained to me what the objection is even thought they sent two letters now.

Hello All,

Well I am sitting here trying to figure out why?? I have gotten my 2nd objection letter 430 ILCS 66/15(a) from the state police today.

Telling me I have to wait another 30 days again, really!!! for the concealed carry review board. The new wait times is now (3/10/21). Its now going on 7 months with no information at all, but wait please.

When I have not been arrested and or conviction of any kind I am not a criminal, not even a speeding ticket.

I have had a gun card from 10 years of age, Basically my whole life, and I have never been in any fishing or hunting arrests or been convicted or given any tickets.

Please help what do I do next,

I been waiting for the CCL from 7/20/2020 when I submitted my CCL information and CCL class Documents, everyone else in the class has gotten their CCL Cards but me.

Do I get a attorney now?? they still have not explained to me what the objection is even though they sent two letters now.

It sounding like law suit against the state police for flagging me for no reason.

It sounding like law suit against the state police for flagging me for no reason.
Its not the State Police, its a local law enforcement organization who made thr objection. They have to have documentation when they object. See if you can get hold of ISP somehow, they have given people the reasons for objection and the law enforcement agency info..Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The CCL Review Board is operating undera backlog similar to the FOID and CCL applications are operating under. There isn't much you can do but wait for the board to either overrule the objection (which they do a majority of the time) or until they send you a notice listing the specific objection and giving you an opportunity to respond with a statement of your own.

The CCL Review Board is operating undera backlog similar to the FOID and CCL applications are operating under. There isn't much you can do but wait for the board to either overrule the objection (which they do a majority of the time) or until they send you a notice listing the specific objection and giving you an opportunity to respond with a statement of your own.

I agree with Molly. Also, note that you don't have to be arrested for a Law Enforcement Objection to be lodged against you, and for the CCLRB to give it enough weight to demand that you respond to it. You could have been named as an offender, even though you were never arrested. You could have been named in a police report as a possible suspect, even though you were never interviewed by the police. Your name could appear in a 'gang database', you could have had an Order of Protection against you for 12 hours over 20 years ago, you may have p***** off a patrol officer in a small town who made it their life's work to make sure you don't get a CCL, you could....You get the idea. Though a lot of these objections may be overruled by the CCLRB, a lot of them are forwarded on to applicants to file a Response.

Note this - I have talked to over 60 folks in the past 30 days who were denied and NEVER saw the Notice of Law Enforcement Objection. At first, I talked to the CCLRB Executive Director to explain how USPS must have lost a huge batch of letters between Thanksgiving and mid-December, but he showed proof that the objections had at least hit the portals. Therefore, even if the objection is one you can explain away easily, if the post office doesn't deliver the Notice of Objection and you aren't checking your portal every 3-4 days, then you're denied and you have to start over. Appeals aren't worth the time and money involved in those cases. Much easier to re-apply and then make a habit of checking your portal.

I agree with Molly. Also, note that you don't have to be arrested for a Law Enforcement Objection to be lodged against you, and for the CCLRB to give it enough weight to demand that you respond to it. You could have been named as an offender, even though you were never arrested. You could have been named in a police report as a possible suspect, even though you were never interviewed by the police. Your name could appear in a 'gang database', you could have had an Order of Protection against you for 12 hours over 20 years ago, you may have p***** off a patrol officer in a small town who made it their life's work to make sure you don't get a CCL, you could....You get the idea. Though a lot of these objections may be overruled by the CCLRB, a lot of them are forwarded on to applicants to file a Response.

Note this - I have talked to over 60 folks in the past 30 days who were denied and NEVER saw the Notice of Law Enforcement Objection. At first, I talked to the CCLRB Executive Director to explain how USPS must have lost a huge batch of letters between Thanksgiving and mid-December, but he showed proof that the objections had at least hit the portals. Therefore, even if the objection is one you can explain away easily, if the post office doesn't deliver the Notice of Objection and you aren't checking your portal every 3-4 days, then you're denied and you have to start over. Appeals aren't worth the time and money involved in those cases. Much easier to re-apply and then make a habit of checking your portal.

Let me ask a silly question.

If everyone that applies must use an email address and the ISP even states during the application process that the email is how you will be contacted then why do they waste time and money on postage, envelopes and paper when an attachment to your email could be quicker and cheaper.

In my opinion there should be a ton of lawsuits filed against this state for such an infringement on our constitutional rights.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all A2 people that help me so far with the CCL delay, Thank You,

Well you were all 100% correct about, my Unknown Hidden police report in my home town.

They have given the IL state police alot of fake information about me that is 100% not factual at all.

I have contacted my attorney he is going after them now as we speak.

They have portrayed me to be a Menace to people with not one arrest in my history being alive 55 years now. WOWL

If I was to get pulled over by the police for a normal speeding ticket, they would have put me in handcuffs all because of this report, apparently I am a dangerous man in their eyes from this report.

I really had no idea they could hold these types of heinous records with no facts or arrests on a person and not inform that person of this.

All of this information was given to them from my ex wife during a bad divorce over 8 years ago.

Also when I asked the Police for my personal records they told me no, we don't have to give them to you. which mean they would be sued over these so-called fake records. No freedom of information act will help you in this case they told me that.

We are not so free in America any more people.

Be safe and stay strong and god bless all of you.

All of this information was given to them from my ex wife during a bad divorce over 8 years ago.

This line alone, was all you needed to say. I've heard of so many instances in attempts of firearms restrictions, (attempts) restraining orders, etc over messy divorces, that I long lost count. It's even worse in IL, due to the subjective, adversarial nature of these instances, along with the overall lack of due process that affect both your FOID and CCL eligibility.

This line alone, was all you needed to say. I've heard of so many instances in attempts of firearms restrictions, (attempts) restraining orders, etc over messy divorces, that I long lost count. It's even worse in IL, due to the subjective, adversarial nature of these instances, along with the overall lack of due process that affect both your FOID and CCL eligibility.

Agreed.

This is also why these "red flag laws" are so heinous and have already been misused and abused.

Yep, it's sad but police, prosecutors and judges give way to much credibility to spited and evengeful spouses or significant others many times and run with only one side of the story as fact, void of any due process.

Yep, it's sad but police, prosecutors and judges give way to much credibility to spited and evengeful spouses or significant others many times and run with only one side of the story as fact, void of any due process.

So I think red flag laws are bogus, but it's even worse in IL, because the polices' very subjective view of you alone is enough for their to deny something like a CCL, or even a FOID. At least most of the red flag laws at least have some element due process involved. The police objections do not.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Well I contacted my Attorney asking why this was not removed from my personal records.

So he went to the court house and had all my paper work and records pulled from my divorce that judged signed.

Low and Be-hold it was not there "no record of this OOP" on my history.

During my Divorce my attorney had ask the courts to remove it and my ex-wife had to sign the paperwork stating it never happen.

so my local police department have lied to the state police with no records of this happen at the courts.

It was not expunged, They would still have record of it, It was totally reversed by the judge that signed OOP meaning it never happened.

This has cost me about $1,250.00 dollars so far. All because the police department can lie about who you are. This is not going to end here for me.

I will be taking the cost of this slander up with the Local Police Department, that lie to IL State Police. If they don’t Reimburse me. I will be taking them to court for slander and defamation of character. They need to be held accountable for their actions.

• 2 weeks later...

Well After spending $1,250.00 and my Lawyer writing a Letter to IL State Police I am CCW approved today.

Now for the local police department, I will be sending a invoice to the chief of police for the lawyer fees and slander against my good name, if they refuses don't pay it , I'll have my day in court for there laszyness of not checking the court recorders. and the slander will be a 500k lawsuit maybe more.

Red flag laws "Need to Be Fact Checked" before filing against someone. they need to learn the laws.

Bigz

May God Bless you all A2 people.

Archived