Is there anybody out there that can help with CCL appeal?

kevinkreis@att.net

Long story short. I applied and received my CCL almost two years ago. When I received my CCL in the mail I also received a new FOID card. I neglected to notice on the FOID card the expiration date. I thought since I received a new CCL and FOID card together they were both good for five years. Well, I got a call from my local police department telling me I had to turn in my CCL because my FOID card had expired. This was over a year ago. I have appealed the revocation of my CCL, received a new FOID card, sent in all paperwork, emailed numerous times and I get nothing from the ISP regarding the CCL revocation. I look on the website and all it says is, " Appeal Under Review." This is well over a year now I've been waiting. Can somebody tell me what the heck to do? I'm so frustrated with the State of Illinois I'm about ready to pick up and move to another state. Thanks for any help.

First log in to the ISP portal and see what exactly it says under the CCL area.

If it says revoked then there may be a way and MollyB would be whom you need to direct PM here on this forums board.

I am not her but Im going to guess that you had to reapply for a FOID card.

Once getting that card you may have to reapply for the CCL. Unless they sent a letter or it states the card is suspended

Welcome to the Forums

Long story short. I applied and received my CCL almost two years ago. When I received my CCL in the mail I also received a new FOID card. I neglected to notice on the FOID card the expiration date. I thought since I received a new CCL and FOID card together they were both good for five years. Well, I got a call from my local police department telling me I had to turn in my CCL because my FOID card had expired. This was over a year ago. I have appealed the revocation of my CCL, received a new FOID card, sent in all paperwork, emailed numerous times and I get nothing from the ISP regarding the CCL revocation. I look on the website and all it says is, " Appeal Under Review." This is well over a year now I've been waiting. Can somebody tell me what the heck to do? I'm so frustrated with the State of Illinois I'm about ready to pick up and move to another state. Thanks for any help.

When you appealed the revocation of your CCL, did you submit this form:

https://isp.illinois.gov/StaticFiles/docs/FirearmsSafety/Forms/New%20Forms/2-713%2012-20%20CCL%20Request%20for%20Administrative%20Review.pdf

All is says under the ISP portal is Appeal Under Review along with a number. And yes, I had to reapply for a new FOID card and received it. I really don't know if my CCL was revoked or suspended pending appeal. Bottom line, it's been under review for well over a year. I believe a while back I contacted someone on this forum, perhaps it was MollyB, it was a female, she sent me a form to fill out and send into the ISP, which I did. I have emailed ISP numerous times, and not a word back from them. I took the CCL class, paid the State fee, had my CCL for less than three months and because of a stupid error on my part I can't get back my CCL. I have absolutely no criminal background. I don't understand why the State would send a new FOID card with a nearly expired expiration date along with the CCL card. I just assumed it was a brand new FOID card and didn't bother to look at the expiration date. Thanks anyway.

When you appealed the revocation of your CCL, did you submit this form:

https://isp.illinois.gov/StaticFiles/docs/FirearmsSafety/Forms/New%20Forms/2-713%2012-20%20CCL%20Request%20for%20Administrative%20Review.pdf

Yup. I sent that in, has to be close to a year now. Thanks.

Okay, time for the next step. I suggest you request an administrative hearing from the ISP director:

When a CCL application is denied, according to the statute, the applicant may request a hearing with the Director of the State Police.

(430 ILCS 66/87)
Sec. 87. Administrative and judicial review.
(a) Whenever an application for a concealed carry license is denied, whenever the Department fails to act on an application within 90 days of its receipt, or whenever a license is revoked or suspended as provided in this Act, the aggrieved party may appeal to the Director for a hearing upon the denial, revocation, suspension, or failure to act on the application, unless the denial was made by the Concealed Carry Licensing Review Board, in which case the aggrieved party may petition the circuit court in writing in the county of his or her residence for a hearing upon the denial.

You will need to send a letter to the director and request a hearing on the appeal you filed on _____________ and give the date or approximate date you submitted your appeal the first time. In the letter, give your full legal name, date of birth, CCL number. Send a copy of the appeal form you sent in originally.

If you are granted a hearing, which is usually a meeting with an administrative judge appointed by the ISP, you may be able to do that as a teleconference or may need to travel to Springfield. You can have an attorney with you, if you think you need one. But what usually happens in these cases is no hearing, your status goes to active, and the card is mailed out.

Send this all via a mail service that will provide you with a signed receipt of delivery to:

Director Brendan Kelly

Illinois State Police

801 S. 7th Street

Springfield, IL 62703

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Archived