7/14 Trigger Farm class

Pep

Hello everyone ,

first let me say that it was alittle bit of drive from the Old Comiskey area to get there. Lotsa corn everywhere , needed a grill.

instruction was very good , small class allows for a more personal touch , very engaging. My buddy was having alittle bit of an aiming issue which got better with some helpful instruction. I haven't taken a lot classes so im no expert but they made it fun & made it comfortable for different level shooter & eventually get hits on paper / steel all without making you feel like a dumbass cause you spend all this money on gear & cant hit ****...….

turned out to be a good weather day for outdoor shooting , looked sketchy for a bit. I'm very happy to have taken this & saw a few things where I could improve. If anyone is tired of indoor range shooting & wants to experience a different type of shooting where some good instruction will help you shooting on the move , rapid /fast controlled rounds down range , engage multiple targets , stress reloads & more & want to experience a fun & safe day at an outdoor setting without breaking the bank maybe this is for you.

amenities ( water & towels ) was a great extra & was very much appreciated. A toilet & handwash station was also great.

if time permits & classes are available during time off from work then I'll be there again.

Pep ( Jose )

I was there Saturday. For security reasons, I won't say which guy I was. I will say that I'm coming from almost as far as Pep and agree that it's a trek at ~90 minutes one way.

I make it a point to take multiple training classes a year so this class was nothing new for me, I'd already had multiple instructions at this level and formed habits around the skills taught at this class. The exercises are challenging enough that I continuously improve during the class. I consider this class a skill builder and a range day where I get to shoot steel and run what amounts to an IPSC or IDPA course at the end of the day. It's really fun.

I've taken this class in June and July now. In June only one of the John's was present and this month both John's were present. My honest impression is that John Miller does a great job leading the course. Everything is segmented nicely, he gives enough explanation and demonstration of techniques and principles and has an emphasis on safety. I noticed him provide constructive feedback to other shooters and praise to shooters who were doing well during exercises.

I may continue to take this class once a month and also take the advanced class as well. For the price, you really cannot go wrong.

I may continue to take this class once a month and also take the advanced class as well. For the price, you really cannot go wrong.

When I talk to people who are spending $50.00+ for a couple hours at an indoor range once or twice a month, I tell them about this Basic Defensive Handgun class. At $50.00 for three hours - 300+ rounds and all the fun stuff, it's really a no brainer - unless you live a long way away :) I live in the Glen Ellyn, Lombard, Villa Park area and it takes just under an hour to reach Trigger Farms. I too will be taking the 4 hour advanced class (I think that one is $100.00), and my Son and I try taking the Basic class every month, though we missed this months class

I just did my 2nd Advanced class yesterday hot as H3LL but a lot of fun. A little different from last year. John added shooting from a chair along with some multiple target shooting while moving. Targets started at 8.5x11 then down to playing card size. Transitioned to the car then finished up on the course.

Best bang for the buck (Pun Intended)

I just did my 2nd Advanced class yesterday hot as H3LL but a lot of fun. A little different from last year. John added shooting from a chair along with some multiple target shooting while moving. Targets started at 8.5x11 then down to playing card size. Transitioned to the car then finished up on the course.

Best bang for the buck (Pun Intended)

I honestly can't wait to take the advanced course :)

I will definitely take this course in the near future. My questions to those that have.... Did you shoot 400 rounds? And would you recommend all preloaded mags as one less thing to worry about?? One could have a little muscle soreness the next day from shooting various positions ..why have sore thumbs and fingers too??

I will definitely take this course in the near future. My questions to those that have.... Did you shoot 400 rounds? And would you recommend all preloaded mags as one less thing to worry about?? One could have a little muscle soreness the next day from shooting various positions ..why have sore thumbs and fingers too??

Yes you will shoot 400 rounds. I would suggest buying an UPLULA for loading your mags.

Yes you will shoot 400 rounds. I would suggest buying an UPLULA for loading your mags.

Ok, Thanks. Amazon will deliver Thursday..

Just like mentioned above , you will shoot that amount & then some if your sending them down fast. definitely loaded mags is a plus. I have a ton of mags & will do this next time. I only took about 18mags & won't do that again. It's not a big deal to load there with an uplula but I would rather not have too.

I preloaded 10 mags...so 150 rounds and brought another 400 rounds loose. I reloaded all my mags at least once, basically taking 3 or 4 to the line with me, and then reloading those 3 or 4 in the short break between exercises. This way I can slap loaded mags into my pistol and mag carrier. I use a mag loader and it speeds up the process a bit but I would rather have another 10-15 mags and just have them loaded ahead of time.

I preloaded 10 mags...so 150 rounds and brought another 400 rounds loose. I reloaded all my mags at least once, basically taking 3 or 4 to the line with me, and then reloading those 3 or 4 in the short break between exercises. This way I can slap loaded mags into my pistol and mag carrier. I use a mag loader and it speeds up the process a bit but I would rather have another 10-15 mags and just have them loaded ahead of time.

18 Mags? 10 Mags?

Wow, and i thought bringing 5 was a lot. ;)

18 Mags? 10 Mags?

Wow, and i thought bringing 5 was a lot. ;)

Yeah, you tend to go through 3-4 during each exercise.

Thanks... I'll be shooting a Glock 19 G3. Doing the math, I'll need 27 or 30 preloaded mags?? I think I have 8......

OMG, no you won't need that many. I brought 4 mags to the class. I also shot a G19 Gen 3. I only used three of my mags. I reloaded with an UPLULA and it worked out that we completed each evolution when we shot around 40-45 rounds.

We had plenty of time to reload and take breaks. People are reading way too much into the number of mags needed and reloading.

Take 3 or 4 mags, an UPLULA and go have FUN.

The only other item I would take is a towel to wipe the sweat off if it's hot out.

Thanks... I'll be shooting a Glock 19 G3. Doing the math, I'll need 27 or 30 preloaded mags?? I think I have 8......

OMG, no you won't need that many. I brought 4 mags to the class. I also shot a G19 Gen 3. I only used three of my mags. I reloaded with an UPLULA and it worked out that we completed each evolution when we shot around 40-45 rounds.

We had plenty of time to reload and take breaks. People are reading way too much into the number of mags needed and reloading.

Take 3 or 4 mags, an UPLULA and go have FUN.

The only other item I would take is a towel to wipe the sweat off if it's hot out.

+1 ^^^^

I take 8-9 preloaded mags (G17) but the truth of the matter is I shoot three mags and then just reload those three with a UPLULA. Takes about 3-4 minutes. Breaks last about 5-7 minutes depending on who has to do what - read that as a restroom break. When it's hot, I bring a small microfiber cloth to carry in my hip pocket to reach back and dry my hands between exercises. We bring a cooler with whatever we want to drink in the heat. When its cold I bring a few packaged hand warmers to keep in my pockets during shooting.

You only need 4 magazines. More is better, but four will do.

The road. Oooh, boy. My Audi has sports suspension and low mounted body parts. I got it done by slowly weaving around the worse holes and driving to the side of the main road. I'll have my wife's friend drive on my return so she can bounce over it with her Jeep.

Archived