NIU Naperville Forum – Gun Violence Monday, April 14th at 7:00pm

Nate7out

PDF of Flyer

http://www.icpgv.org/icpgv_new.html

Of course, it is sponsored by an anti-gun group.

NIU Naperville Forum – Gun Violence: What Can the Public Do to Prevent It

Monday, April 14th at 7:00pm

1120 E. Diehl Rd, Naperville

The discussion will focus on what role average citizens can play in helping to reduce gun violence, and state legislation currently addressing the issue. Click here for a flyer.

Here it is, all you Chicago members!

Here is the chance for your voice to be heard!

How many more from here is planning to attend?

7pm? I'm there. Should I wear my IGOLD hat ?

I think that going incognito is a better idea, also I do not plan to argue, I only plan to let them have my view point is there is the opportunity.

Link to Article with comments

A state gun control group is holding a public forum on gun violence on the two-month anniversary of the Northern Illinois University shootings.

Members of the Illinois Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence are staging the forum at 7 p.m. Monday in a conference room at NIU's Naperville campus at 1120 E. Diehl Road.

Steve Young, the organization's faith community coordinator and a victim of gun violence, will be on a panel with a Virginia Tech student wounded in that campus shooting spree on a year ago.

Young said the timing is significant because it's been two months since a former NIU student killed five people and himself as well as wounding more than a dozen others Feb. 14 at the DeKalb campus. April 16 is also the one-year anniversary of the Virginia Tech shootings.

The forum will focus on ways citizens can help reduce gun violence and state legislation the organization is pushing in Springfield, Young said.

Young said Naperville was chosen to host the event because of the support residents have shown for the organization's legislative agenda. Universal background checks for all gun purchases and limiting the capacity of ammunition clips are the two main legislative pieces the group is pushing.

"We polled up and down the state and we also polled in three specific state Senate districts in DuPage County," Young said. "What we found was overwhelming support for these bills from the people, but the legislators tend to vote with the gun lobby."

State Sen. John Millner, a Carol Stream Republican, said Young is wrong about the legislative support.

"The three senators from that area are for the ammunition clip thing," he said. "Plus, I co-sponsored that bill and it's passed the Senate, so I don't know what he's talking about."

Young said he expects to hear from the concealed weapon supporters, but he said he doesn't believe the state will ever allow residents to carry concealed weapons.

"There's really no evidence that it makes a big dent in crime," he said. "However, there is a lot of evidence out there from both police and the medical community that suicide and homicide rates are higher in homes that have guns."

For those who are going, I need to get dinner before hand and will probably be in the near area about 5:30.

So would anyone like to meet up before going?

I wish I could attend this.

Please ask those baboons from ICAHV - if the state will not allow me or anyone else to defend themselves with a firearm - not attack someone - but DEFEND ouselves - then what's their advice for us to protect our lives, our families and our property? What's their plan for personal defense against armed gangbagers? How does a 100 pound lady defend herself against two 200 pound goons bent on raping her?

Thanks,

GWBH

Nah...don't go incognito.

Wear IGOLD stuff.

Wear NRA stuff.

Wear cammo.

Steve Young is the biggest puke in the gun-grabbers' lineup. He's a former piano tuner from Evanston whose wise a** kid decided to get his kicks talkin' smack to some Mexican gang-bangers. Bad call, cuz one of the gang bangers capped his kid at the next red light.

One would think that Young would be p***** off at the killer but, nope, not our Stevie. He and his wife had a Channel 11 special made about how they forgave the killer and, for all practical purposes, have adopted him. So, who is to blame? The NRA, of course. If you believe the Youngs, the NRA shoved the gun into the hand of the gang banger and made him shoot their kid. They were some of the original plaintiffs in the Daley lawsuits against the gun shops.

A number of years ago, Young was one of the original founders of the Bell Campaign - a particularly smarmy gun control group formed with Levi Foundation money. He tried to form a chapter of the Bell Campaign in Skokie. However, about 275 gun owners showed up at his first meeting, and scared the poopie out of him. The guy aged 20 years right in front of our faces.

When the Levi Foundation money ran out, the Bell Campaign merged with the Million Mom March. When that went bust, they merged with that old sea hag, Sarah Brady.

Young is a true believer. You have to be there to see him. What a hoot. Rumor has it that his wife divorced him. To bad, she was pretty entertaining too. Sort of looked like Andre the Giant, only hairier.

For those who are going, I need to get dinner before hand and will probably be in the near area about 5:30.

So would anyone like to meet up before going?

I wish I could attend this.

Please ask those baboons from ICAHV - if the state will not allow me or anyone else to defend themselves with a firearm - not attack someone - but DEFEND ouselves - then what's their advice for us to protect our lives, our families and our property? What's their plan for personal defense against armed gangbagers? How does a 100 pound lady defend herself against two 200 pound goons bent on raping her?

Thanks,

GWBH

It should be obvious by now that the gun grabbers would rather see that 100lb lady laying dead in an alley with her panties knotted around her neck than to see her with a gun in her hand. They just don't care. They don't listen to reason. They only understand fear. So go to this event Monday night and put fear into their hearts.

Here it is, all you Chicago members!

Here is the chance for your voice to be heard!

How many more from here is planning to attend?

crap!

I just heard aout this tnight on the patriot channel (sirius) the dude from ISRA was on.......I don't doubt that the ISRA has a good internet presence and awareness int he community, but this place deserves more mention on that channel......they talk about illinois all the time!

buzz, to answer the question....

I'm gonna be in a hunter safety class in hoffman estates all damn day, or else i'd be there!

gonna try to get some guys from the class over here though.....

hope that countsin some small way.

Awesome! Its working already, one huge list just got sent out to a ton of PPC people. Here's my e-mail I sent below please use it and tell people about it.

This coming Monday April 14 at 7:00, NIU Naperville plans to hold a public forum titled: "Gun Violence What Can The Public Do To Prevent It?"

Some of the folks from www.IllinoisCarry.com plan to attend this public forum, if we have the chance we plan on asking them their solutions for a number of issues such as:

What's their advice for us to protect our lives, our families and our property?

What's their plan for personal defense against armed gang bangers?

How does a 100 pound lady defend herself against two 200 pound goons

bent on raping her?

Please be in attendance and show your support.

Northern Illinois University

Naperville Campus

Conference Room 101C

1120 East Diehl Road

Naperville, IL 60563-9347

630-577-9101

http://www.icpgv.org/icpgv_new.html

Here is a pdf of their invitation:

http://www.icpgv.org/pdf/NIUforum.pdf

Daily Herald New Story about the event:

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=171354&src=2

Link to Article with comments

State Sen. John Millner, a Carol Stream Republican, said Young is wrong about the legislative support.

"The three senators from that area are for the ammunition clip thing," he said. "Plus, I co-sponsored that bill and it's passed the Senate, so I don't know what he's talking about."

Millner is a turncoat. Is he up for election this year? :Angry!:

Nah...don't go incognito.

Wear IGOLD stuff.

Wear NRA stuff.

Wear cammo.

I was being sarcastic when I said about wearing IGOLD hat.

I don't intend to be dressed in anything that would make me look like a gun nut from backwoods of TN or KY.

EDIT:

Ok, maybe my sarcasm was viewed differently..:

2. If you still have your iGOLD t-shirts or hats, wear them. If you have NRA or ISRA hats, wear them. DO NOT bring signs or other items that might get you kicked out before this thing gets under way.

3. Be advised that you will be in close proximity to people that hate your guts because you own guns. They will attempt to insult you and provoke you. Stand your ground, challenge their every assertion. Freedom is at stake here.

Alright ISRA just sent out and Alert:

ISRA Alert:

YOUR HELP URGENTLY NEEDED – CALIFORNIA GUN CONTROL GROUP TO HOLD ANTI-GUN RALLY IN NAPERVILLE

The San Francisco-based “Legal Community Against Gun Violence” (LCAV) will be holding a gun control rally in Naperville on Monday, April 14, 2008.

The LCAV plays a crucial supporting role in Chicago Mayor Daley’s attempts to take your guns away from you. California lawyers write the actual legislation designed to ban and confiscate your guns, tax your ammunition, ration your ammo purchases and register you like a sex offender.

It’s time for Illinois gun owners to tell these Californians, “MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!”

Here is what you need to do:

1. Gather up all your firearm owning friends and assemble at the Naperville Campus of NIU, 1120 East Diehl Road, Room 101C, Naperville, IL. The campus is on the south side of Diehl Road, approximately 1/8 mile west of Naper Boulevard. Plan on arriving no later than 6:45 PM.

2. If you still have your iGOLD t-shirts or hats, wear them. If you have NRA or ISRA hats, wear them. DO NOT bring signs or other items that might get you kicked out before this thing gets under way.

3. Be advised that you will be in close proximity to people that hate your guts because you own guns. They will attempt to insult you and provoke you. Stand your ground, challenge their every assertion. Freedom is at stake here.

4. Please distribute this alert to all your gun owning friends and post it to every Internet bulletin board to which you belong.

STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS IN HONOR OF CHARLTON HESTON’S MEMORY!

I would like to add that those that plan on attending should present themselves in a calm professional manner. The yelling, in your face approach does nothing but makes you loose your credibility and integrity. Dress professionally, speak calmly and choose your words wisely. No personal attacks. Let the facts speak for themselves.

Any other way and you disable our cause. Just look at how goofy the Code Pink protesters appear.

I believe it was an argument I had in a tribune commentary section about the NIU incident that I saw tactics used by a woman that was arguing for disarmament. She was thinking with her emotions and refused to debate anything facts and verifiable proof of sources in it. Any statistic she brought up , she could not cite a source. The Tactics she used absolutely aped the below article. It was if she was reading the playbook.

It was brought to my attention later by another poster.

http://www.useless-knowledge.com/columnist...i/article6.html

Liberal "Rules" for Arguing

June 10, 2003

During the past year, I have spent countless hours trying to have rational debates about the various issues surrounding Iraq with Liberals on various message boards all over the Web. I've wondered over and over why they all seem to follow certain patterns. I've been trying to codify the rules that they seem to use, to increase my ability to identify the tactics they're using. When I identify which rule they're following, they invariably reply with strings of invective, proving that they know exactly what they're doing. Following are the top five Liberal "Rules" for Arguing that I've so far identified, having been repeatedly subjected to all these and more.

#1: Attack Your Opponent

If you feel that your opponent is trying to use facts to your disadvantage, attack him or her personally. Call your opponent names, insult his ancestry, imply that he performs improbable sex acts with animals or his own mother -- or both. If you can arouse his anger, you will have him on familiar ground where he can be beat. Your aim is to make your opponent stop using those pesky facts and figures to win the argument -- everyone knows arguments are supposed to be emotional, not cold and rational, so he's doing it wrong to start with. Names guaranteed to upset an opponent with a conservative bent are Nazi, Dittohead (meaning he's a fan of Rush Limbaugh), and Sheep. Spell "Republican" and "America" with a K in them, to suggest that your opponent is a member of the KKK -- but if they mention that Democratic Senator Robert Byrd was a Klansman, accuse your opponent of making an ad hominem attack! Make sure to claim that your opponent is either a dupe, is brainwashed, or is perhaps working for the government. If at all possible, make personal attacks on President Bush at the same time; that usually forces people to try and defend him.

#2: Switch Your Arguments

If you feel that your are beginning to lose an argument, change it. Switch sides altogether if you have to. For instance, if you are arguing that there are no biological or chemical weapons in Iraq, and your opponent quotes one of the many UN reports that state there definitely were banned weapons there, suddenly change your argument to "of course, there were, the US gave them to Saddam". Never mind the fact that you were just saying they didn't exist -- the purpose is to confuse your opponent and keep him from winning the argument. And in the above instance, if your opponent shows records from the CDC proving that Iraq requested medical samples through the World Health Organisation to combat anthrax and botulism, switch your argument BACK AGAIN and claim that Saddam destroyed the WMD he made form the samples after kicking out the inspectors in 1998, ignoring your earlier arguments that there never was any, and then that the US provided it. Logic is for losers! Consistency is for conservatives! If your opponent gives up the argument, loudly proclaim a victory!

#3: Raise The Bar

When your opponent presents you with proof of anything -- UN records of WMD stockpiles, Amnesty International records of humanitarian crimes, eyewitness accounts of rape, torture, murder, etc -- state that it's not enough to convince you. Tell your opponent that his so- called "proof" doesn't mean anything at all. Insist that anything from only one source doesn't count. Force him or her to go back and search for more proof... and more, and still more. Eventually, your opponent will grow tired of trying to convince you with mere facts and figures, and either give up or get angry -- and then you know you've got him! You can tell everyone that your opponent lost because his or her proof was "laughable".

#4: Attack The Source

When your opponent presents you with those pesky facts, there's only one way to beat him -- attack the source. Refuse to give credence to anything reported by the Weekly Standard, or NewsMax, even if your opponent's facts come from another source as well. Any news outlet even slightly to the right of the New York Times, the LA Times, CBS, ABC, NPR and Time is immediately suspect. Put down FOX news channel and anyone that refers to it -- ignore the fact that they have reported the same stories as every other network. The fact that your opponent uses any of those obviously biased sources automatically proves him wrong, a brainwashed tool, a sheep, etc (see rule #1). If he gives you information from a web site, attack that site as being biased, or right-wing. If he attacks your sources as being left-wing, scoff at that argument -- you know that "left wing" and "correct" are the same thing. Quotes from any liberal source (even a non-journalist's web page or blog) are automatically correct, while any conservative source is OBVIOUSLY distorting the facts to make an ideological point.

#5: Blame America First/Moral Equivalency

It's very important, at all times, to remember that America is the REAL bad guy here, everywhere, and for all time. If your opponent shows facts about Saddam's humanitarian offenses, match them with claims of America's own "atrocities". Although your opponent will claim there is no comparison between the two, continue to claim, for instance, that Saddam's 30- year record of using rape, murder, torture and mutilation on prisoners merely accused of crimes is the EXACT SAME THING as Texas administering the death penalty after due process of law. Argue that because America has not always been absolutely perfect, Americans have no right to judge any other country, no matter what it does, even though the Geneva Convention did not exist until after WWII. Stay focussed on your vision of an evil America ruled by corporate greed, evil America slobbering to kill the innocents in other countries, evil America ruthlessly building an empire, and evil America only pretending to be benevolent and generous to other countries. Never give credence to your opponent's arguments that America rebuilt countries like France, Germany, Japan, Nicaragua, Grenada, etc... it was obviously a ruse of some kind! Always seek to put the worst possible interpretation on everything America does or ever has done, or any statement by any member of the Administration. Remember that America exists only to dominate the entire world, like a James Bond supervillain. For reference, watch as many Oliver Stone movies as possible. Remember that American soldiers always act exactly like the soldiers in Platoon.

This is how I've watched Liberals argue every day for the last year. The only thing that matters to them is winning, by any means or tactics necessary. Finding out the truth of the matter doesn't seem to matter at all, does it?

Anybody from the Rockford area going? Would you like to carpool? I can get 8 people in my truck. I live in Loves Park. Call me if you are interested in going Kenny 815-703-1974 I plan on going and I will try to get a few of my buddy's to go to, but anyone that wants to go can ride with me call to figure out a time to meet and see how many people are going with.

Be advised that there will be plenty of police activity at the gun control rally Monday night.

The guy running this thing, Steve Young, is a real drama queen. At the Skokie Bell Campaign kickoff, he had the SWAT unit called in and, when us gun guys got tossed from the meeting, we had to run a gauntlet of guys with MP5s, jackboots and bucket helmets.

Young also had his minions out in the parking lot writing down license plate numbers.

Expect the same Monday night.

But, don't be intimidated. It's part of the cost of preserving freedom - something that Steve Young and the antis deplore.

Also, please report any instances of police misconduct on this board so that complaints can be bundled and sent to the proper authorities.

Archived