Illinois now tracking the Caliber of ammunition you buy.

mab22

On 10/10/2023 at 10:10 AM, mikew said:

Sí.

Please clarify your question.

I re-read the post another 3 or 4 times before I understood the meaning but my brain was going "if it's not in law how/why are they doing it?" and eventually my brain realized that it's a byproduct of the process, an intentional side effect that they were hoping would go unnoticed or unchallenged. 

On 10/10/2023 at 1:59 PM, Felixd said:

Please remember that all this has been brought to us by the negotiators at ISRA so they may retain their “seat at the table”. Thanks for a job well done! The mess you gave us, aided by no cash bond, will bring real safety and wellbeing to our lives. 

First they gave us the FOID card too by endorsing it (which this ammo tracking wouldn’t be possible without)

https://www.mom-at-arms.com/amp/isra-supported-the-foid-card-when-it-was-first-implemented-in-the-late-1960-s

On 10/9/2023 at 4:48 PM, mauserme said:

I'll double check but I don't recall ammo registration being specifically included in any bills.  I think it may have morphed into a registration the way background checks did on guns.

Given how they supposedly needed to change the law to allow for an FOID to be suspended or cancelled rather than revoked, I find it curious.  There's nothing in the Disarming Illinoisans Through Profiling of Black Rifles Act or the Admin Rules - even the "emergency ones" - that requires or allows the ISP to do this.

On 10/12/2023 at 11:02 PM, Tango7 said:

Given how they supposedly needed to change the law to allow for an FOID to be suspended or cancelled rather than revoked, I find it curious.  There's nothing in the Disarming Illinoisans Through Profiling of Black Rifles Act or the Admin Rules - even the "emergency ones" - that requires or allows the ISP to do this.

Can't they do anything they want now and who gave them emergency powers?