Mchenry County Mail in Ballot

birdman1967

Good morning, hoping some of you could help a new person to voting out. I just received a mail in ballot for the upcoming mchenry county elections. Problem is, when I Google my choices, I have zero information on whom I am voting for. With our rights under attack, I want to make sure whatever the position is even if it has nothing to do with 2A, I do not vote for candidates that do not align with my beliefs. 

My choices are for mchenry district 15, public library, district 156, McHenry College #528 x 2, mchenry county regional office of education, etc. Any help? 

The website www.illinoissunshine.org lets you view where candidates have made donations to candidates.  Type in variations of their names.

Someone discovered one of our Lake County mayoral candidates claims to be "non-partisan and transparent". Well, ALL of her sizable donations over the years were to Lightfoot, Foxx, Preckwinkle, and the Highland Park mopes behind the latest gun grab laws. Very enlightening.

On 3/12/2023 at 5:22 PM, 2A4Cook said:

The lockdowns are over, and still they push the mail in balloting.  I was hit up in Crook County about it.

Well mail in votes is how we typically lose by. We don't trust mail in voting, but then we end up not being able to find the time to go in and vote. This always happened to me, life gets in the way. At least now, I get to at least attempt to vote by mail. The McHenry County GOP is pushing for voters like me to sign up. 

https://www.mchenrycountygop.org/post/chairman-s-memo-illinois-republican-party-chairman-don-tracy

On 3/12/2023 at 6:58 PM, birdman1967 said:

Well mail in votes is how we typically lose by. We don't trust mail in voting, but then we end up not being able to find the time to go in and vote. This always happened to me, life gets in the way. At least now, I get to at least attempt to vote by mail. The McHenry County GOP is pushing for voters like me to sign up. 

https://www.mchenrycountygop.org/post/chairman-s-memo-illinois-republican-party-chairman-don-tracy

Well, really the R's have no choice but to work diligently at it while it's part of the process; they can't just surrender full advantage to the Dems.  But, they're not going to be getting "creative" like them, either.  There's a reason you had to go through so much to vote by absentee ballot:  the potential for fraud is huge.  Gee, guess how they now seem to "win?"

On 3/12/2023 at 7:23 PM, 2A4Cook said:

Well, really the R's have no choice but to work diligently at it while it's part of the process; they can't just surrender full advantage to the Dems.  But, they're not going to be getting "creative" like them, either.  There's a reason you had to go through so much to vote by absentee ballot:  the potential for fraud is huge.  Gee, guess how they now seem to "win?"

If people have so much extra time to vote by mail, why is so much extra time needed to count those votes?  I suspect it gives the unscrupulous time to generate the ballots they need to win, or to hide ballots they don't want counted.

On 3/12/2023 at 9:18 PM, lilguy said:

I just received a letter from Lake County asking me to sign up for lifetime mail in voting. I can get to the

pols, thanks.

I plan to respond to those types of letters with a definite “no” rather than ignoring them to reduce the likelihood that another mystery person can miraculously sign up for my mail in vote option for me.  I have witnessed multiple cases of some unknown person casting votes at a known address pre-Covid and this mail in-stuff makes fraud much more convenient/likely.  Other countries avoid it and require ID for a reason.  If ID is required to exercise the 2A in this state, it should certainly be required to vote.

On 3/13/2023 at 8:50 AM, Jeffrey said:

Ignoring mail in voting options is a disservice to your party IMO.  I too prefer the old school method and going to the polls on the day of.  If you can't beat 'em, join 'em comes to mind.  I believe it is time for the R's to start pushing the mail in voting like the D's have been for years.  

I agree. I have been searching for who represents my interest but the McHenry GOP does not list any candidates. I did find a local Democratic website that instructs voters who to vote for and who to even write in. So what I have resorted to is voting fo any candidate not listed on this site. In my opinion, the Dems are well organized and actively looking to take over elections while the Republicans seem content to just sit back hoping for the best. 

https://d2dems.org/

Archived