Democrat Lawmakers Proposes Bill Requiring Grocery Stores & Gas Stations To Hire Armed Guards

GTX63

Imagine being one of those guards.  Probably not allowed to actually stop any crime.  Even if you do, they won't be prosecuted.  If you ever have to use deadly force, you would probably get sued and or charged with "not being PC enough".  You would be the target of every criminal that wants to rob the store.  I am guessing there wouldn't be a long line of applicants for this position.  Those that do apply are likely doing it so they can let their buddies in and rob the store blind.

What an absolute horrible idea.

The stores don't allow them to do anything because of potential liability issues.  If there were an armed robbery and guard took a shot at the perp, he would be fired.  This is crapola.  They already pay taxes which go to police protection.  Another Dem way to further jack up the cost of groceries and fuel ... anybody see the trend here?  Why not department stores, or clothing stores, or freaking LIQUOR STORES?

On 3/7/2023 at 3:26 PM, 2A4Cook said:

The stores don't allow them to do anything because of potential liability issues.  If there were an armed robbery and guard took a shot at the perp, he would be fired.  This is crapola.  They already pay taxes which go to police protection.  Another Dem way to further jack up the cost of groceries and fuel ... anybody see the trend here?  Why not department stores, or clothing stores, or freaking LIQUOR STORES?

...or schools

Only other place i have seen a guard is at Binny’s in Peoria, seems to be on fri or sat nights though, havent ever seen him on a weekday. But yeah plenty of other places where robberies actually take place. God forbid a man steals $20 in groceries and the  gets shot cause some cheap security got trigger happy.

OK, so they'll hire these armed guards.  Does this mean they no longer have to pay taxes for all the cops that they're telling to stand down and not arrest thugs?

Nope.

I'm betting this politician has gotten some bribes campaign contributions from security companies. 

Always more money for cronies.

In NY they want businesses to force customers to unmask! 
But briefly so the can get a pic, then it’s mask on? I thought masks were fool proof and stopped “the virus”, unmasking could prove risky, THERE COULD BE A SPIKE AND PEOPLE COULD DIE!” 
https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2023/03/06/nyc-mayor-eric-adams-business-require-customers-unmask-fight-crime/
But what about the Karen’s who insist on masking, even in their own vehicles?
What will they do with Hospitals, it’s a business, mask no mask but “PEOPLE COULD DIE!”

Archived