Moved back to Illinois. Is training certificate valid for previous FOID/CCW license holder?

rambam

Thank you

On 2/5/2023 at 10:03 AM, Quiet Observer said:

Training certificates do not expire with age but can only be used once. If you previously used it to get a CCL, then it cannot be used again. 

You will have to start all over again. You would only have to take an 8 hour course, since you have documentation of prior training.

On 2/5/2023 at 2:45 PM, Smallbore said:

As silly and stupid as I am going to sound unless the Illinois 16hr training is listed on the Illinois training certificate as being good for 8hrs I as an instructor can accept it.

Did I really screw up again and leave out the negative between "can" and "accept? I always proofread at least three times.

I understand that during the governor's covid emergency declaration the ISP will accept the 3hr renewal certificate. Before covid I was under a strong belief the ISP had covered the issue of an expired ccl, retake the 16hr.

These two scenarios are not in question here.

I lean towards the ISP requiring the 16hrs.

I would like to see an updated ruling by the ISP before advising submitting a non refundable fee.

On 2/5/2023 at 9:40 AM, rambam said:

Hi there,

I recently moved back to Illinois and would like to apply to get my FOID and CCW license again. The training certificate I have is from 9 years ago. Can I reuse it or do I have to take the class again? Thanks in advance.

The ISP has told me that certificates are single use only. You could always try to reapply again with the original certificate and likely you would be rejected (not denied). Then they'll give you x number of days to get training. 

When you're ready for training, I run a school in Park Ridge. Check it out ---> https://www.alphakoncepts.com

Puzzled and that’s why I don’t train anymore I guess.  But how can you do a refresher course for a CCL you don’t have?  Haven’t had for what ever period of time the OP was gone.  Hope you got the ISP reps full name and I’d number before you repay for something you may not get a refund on once paid and denied.  Do this at the very least.  Content MollyB thru PM here and have her get the straight scoop!  Not my $150.00 but it’s still $150.00 none of us want to throw away!

Archived