How long?

powderhead

If we don't get a full injunction, how will this take to work its way through the courts?  My guess is 3 to 5 years, and I am basing that guess on the law suit over the FOID law.  I am interested in the opinions of you who follow this sort of issue in other states as well.

On 2/3/2023 at 3:19 PM, Frozencpu said:

DeVore TRO is just that, its a TRO that still has an expiration date unless the federal courts issue injunction anyway. Its like shooting yourself and then putting a band aid over it.

No expiration date and not a bandaid but the only cure for this unjust law until the courts decide which might take months or years. You can still exercise your Constitutional right in the meantime like the law didn't happen. I guess it depends how much people value and want their right, 2500 people couldn't wait and needed immediate relief from this oppressive and tyrannical law passed with bribes from billionaires and didn't trust the police state created by this law not to persecute them.

On 2/3/2023 at 9:12 PM, jim123 said:

Can't get there on my computer :(

Saw on another thread here it's $200 too. :(

But thanks for the quick reply.

Can do it from your phone it takes 2 minutes. They need name, address and email and credit card info. They email you back the form to sign electronically and that's it.

On 2/3/2023 at 11:44 PM, jim123 said:

Good idea.

I know some gun stores have computers for FOID applications, I wouldn’t be surprised if you asked nicely that they would help you get to 

https://devorelawoffices.com/illinois-assault-weapons-ban-case-3/
Just make sure you have a debit or credit card on hand to make the payment.

you will also need a valid email address as well.

DeVore case three registration is closed.  I suppose some one here will keep us informed when case four registration opens up.  I'll probably get on board that one.

But still, I can't help but be curious how long this is going to take for the rest of the citizens of this state to get relief from this nonsense.

On 2/4/2023 at 10:30 AM, powderhead said:

DeVore case three registration is closed.  I suppose some one here will keep us informed when case four registration opens up.  I'll probably get on board that one.

But still, I can't help but be curious how long this is going to take for the rest of the citizens of this state to get relief from this nonsense.

I don't know why people would waste money with DeVore when Rep Dan Caulkins is doing this for free, just send him an email. 

If he can't get the state entirely you will be on the list, DeVore is milking the cow and that's (you). 

On 2/4/2023 at 10:30 AM, powderhead said:

This is the last case he's doing DeVore said. Can't help but be curious why you didn't join?

On 2/4/2023 at 10:33 AM, SiliconSorcerer said:

I don't know why people would waste money with DeVore when Rep Dan Caulkins is doing this for free, just send him an email. 

If he can't get the state entirely you will be on the list, DeVore is milking the cow and that's (you). 

Good luck with Caulkins, people are asking for their money back and were misled.

Screenshot_20230204_121626_Opera Mini.jpg

Screenshot_20230204_121651_Opera Mini.jpg

Screenshot_20230204_121702_Opera Mini.jpg

On 2/4/2023 at 12:32 PM, SiliconSorcerer said:

Email cost me nothing.  

Where that statement from a link?  

signal-2023-02-04-10-28-24-201.png.b5b245be7096d7c7a4f7c26354fc09f0.png

Here's the link, guess who's the attorney once again getting justice for people. Not milking anyone but giving back and helping the underdog and defending people's Constitutional rights for a nominal fee. The only lawyer that stood up against tyrany and got court orders to stop King Pritzker during covid, which was about control too. A Robin Hood lawyer.

https://devorelawoffices.com/attorney-tom-devore-enters-appearance-on-behalf-of-his-clients-in-state-representative-dan-caulkins-case-in-macon-county-il/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=appellate_court_affirms_effingham_judge_tro&utm_term=2023-02-02

Instead of complaining about who’s who and who’s charging what and such, just be glad that all Of these lawsuits are happening in the first place. In regards to DeVore, I got what I wanted out of it in the short term (restoration of what I could do prior to the law being enacted) and the bragging rights to say I sued Pritzker lol. Hopefully relief comes to the whole state ASAP, but DeVore’s stuff is legit and he did what he said he would do, and with that he opened the door via the appellate ruling on his case for everyone to get the same relief if they file suit 

I've been rooting for DeVore in the cases he's filed and won TROs on.  Seems to be a win-win deal for him and his clients as far as it goes.

I'm less happy about his attempts to insert himself into the case filed by Caulkins.  That rubs me the wrong way for a number of reasons.

At the end of the day, it's the federal cases that are going to be the real meat and potatoes.  If the state equal protections cases win (and they should) then we have to reset on the federal cases and the state gets to mess with us again.  There's good reasons to get the equal protections caselaw on record as well, so it's not all bad.  I'd just prefer that we put this down with extreme prejudice so it can't come back from the dead.

On 2/4/2023 at 3:02 PM, Upholder said:

I've been rooting for DeVore in the cases he's filed and won TROs on.  Seems to be a win-win deal for him and his clients as far as it goes.

I'm less happy about his attempts to insert himself into the case filed by Caulkins.  That rubs me the wrong way for a number of reasons.

At the end of the day, it's the federal cases that are going to be the real meat and potatoes.  If the state equal protections cases win (and they should) then we have to reset on the federal cases and the state gets to mess with us again.  There's good reasons to get the equal protections caselaw on record as well, so it's not all bad.  I'd just prefer that we put this down with extreme prejudice so it can't come back from the dead.

Do you have more details how he inserted himself? He said he intervened on behalf of clients.

I think the left is hoping to stall until a new Justice gets on the Supreme court.  My fear is that they already know something about a retirement. A couple of years ago, I would have chuckled if I heard someone was thinking about that as a possibility.  we are running out of conspiracy theories because they are not remaining theory. Laptops, Fang Fang, Drag Queen story hour for elementary school children, mainstream media owned by the DNC ETC. Why so may laws being passed in blue states that are clearly contrary to NYSRPA vs Bruen. I am hoping that it is tantrum induced behavior as opposed to having inside information.

Devore wasn't misleading anyone. He was offering legal services and provided them. I'm not even a plaintiff, let alone part of that. 

If there is something the community needs to start changing, it's the misconception people who work in legal are taking advantage

of people. If you consent, become a plaintiff and agree to be represented - that's on you. The more I think about Devore's two

lawsuits, I still believe whoever was part of them got the most from their legal fees. Without those two lawsuits, people 

like MDA and JB wouldn't be demoralized. It's a small part in the process of defeating MDA and the progressive left-wing

movement. Feel proud. Things are changing. If you can't ban weapons on cosmetic, capacity or make/model - then you 

actually have to revisit your social policies and perhaps even monetary. 

Aside from this, the best thing people can do right now is go to their local gun store and take pictures of the walls. Get

video footage and interviews of the owners and show your friends just how "comprehensive" common sense gun

laws are.

Archived