Illinois General Assembly Week of 1/24/2023

mauserme

1/24/2023

The Senate returns this week to continue in earnest the fledgling 103rd General Assembly.  Only two bills of interest are currently filed in the Senate, with more to come in the days and weeks ahead.

For today, and perhaps for the week, we expect no floor action related to our interests.

The Senate is scheduled or 3:00 PM today.  The House is not in.

Next Days Scheduled

House:  1/31/2023
Senate:   1/25/2023

1/24/2023 Senate Calendar

1/25/2023

The Senate met briefly on 1/24/2023.  A few new bills were introduced, as well as three appoint messages that will relate to us if they're ever taken up in the Senate.

The Senate is scheduled or 10:00 AM today.  The House is not in.

Next Days Scheduled

House:  1/31/2023
Senate:   1/26/2023 2/7/2023

1/25/2023 Senate Calendar

1/25/2023 Senate Supplemental Calendar 1

On 1/24/2023 at 2:00 PM, illinois_buckeye said:

Would be nice if the Congress would pass national reciprocity imo and supersede those laws.

Technically we already have natl reciprocity now that Bruen has removed the 2 tier nonsense. My drivers license works in all 50 and over half the states are constitutional carry........the tyranny on their side of the blue curtain is falling.

On 1/24/2023 at 11:14 AM, yurimodin said:

Not trying to tempt fate but what could they even pass after this last disaster....

LOL, Yuri at this point, nothing will surprise me, seriously. Sad, but we got the lawsuits starting to fly. WooHoo

On 1/24/2023 at 12:14 PM, yurimodin said:

Not trying to tempt fate but what could they even pass after this last disaster....

• For use by private individuals, no ammunition or projectile may exceed 0.17 inches in diameter or 10 grains in weight.
  • Such ammunition or projectile may only be composed of refined wood pulp, formed by compression in the presence of water.
  • Furthermore, such ammunition or projectile may only be expelled from an arm by the action of a compressed spring or stretched elastic band.
  • Such arms may only be loaded from the muzzle end. No breach loading is to be permitted.
  • Possessors of such arms must be federally licensed (C&R is sufficient), submit kidney or liver tissue samples to the ISP FSB, and have undergone state-approved cerebral GPS beacon implantation (at their own expense + $1.50 processing fee).

On 1/26/2023 at 10:32 AM, Plinkermostly said:

Curious -- are they making any budgetary plans on how they are going to come up with the money they are going to have to pay when they lose all the court cases?

Edit: sorry, should have been a really, really dark purple.

Probably tax hike. There really needs to be some kind of accountability for these politicians blowing peoples money.

On 1/26/2023 at 1:39 PM, countyline said:

On 1/26/2023 at 1:43 PM, THE KING said:

So basically a bill just for Chicago

It doesn't just ALLOW armed security guards. It MANDATES armed security guards at "banks, pawn shops, grocery stores, and gas stations." I doubt grocery stores are happy with that.

On 1/26/2023 at 11:53 AM, Euler said:

Accountability requires proving malice in a prosecution.

1. I doubt there's going to be any prosecution.
  2. Malice is really hard to prove.

I agree with # 1. 

For 2, based off of the Marian Webster book on the definition of words.

I don't believe for a second that there wasn't a "desire to cause pain, injury, or distress to another".

I say put it in front of a jury and let them decide if there wasn't any malice when they wrote slapped together the AWB ban. 😉

: desire to cause pain, injury, or distress to another
an attack motivated by pure malice
: intent to commit an unlawful act or cause harm without legal justification or excuse
ruined her reputation and did it with malice

Archived