DeVore case 2 open for 24 hours (Filed in White County)

DaveIL

On 1/31/2023 at 3:43 PM, mauserme said:

It's odd.  A week ago folks were posting about what a deal $200 is for this kind of representation.  Today's ISRA email says their lawsuit will cost nearly $1 Million.

I'm with you.  Let the guy make a living.  He can't work on other cases while he working on these.  Nobody works for free.

+1 @mauserme I was misguided in my original thinking and I admit that. Sometimes it takes this old codger a little more time to see the light. Very happy for all the plaintiffs in DeVore 1&2. Furthermore, $200 is a tiny price to pay to put the Elites in Springfield in their place. Congrats to all who were smarter than me. 

On 2/3/2023 at 2:24 AM, JDW said:

+1 @mauserme I was misguided in my original thinking and I admit that. Sometimes it takes this old codger a little more time to see the light. Very happy for all the plaintiffs in DeVore 1&2. Furthermore, $200 is a tiny price to pay to put the Elites in Springfield in their place. Congrats to all who were smarter than me. 

Us old codgers gotta stick together brother.

On 2/3/2023 at 2:20 AM, JDW said:

That's awesome Steve. Congrats to all those who got in on DeVore 1 &2. I blew it, I admit it. I was wrong, there I said it. :) I'm undecided on DeVore 3, but I have a bit of time. It's odd that just seeing Steve buying a 30 round PMAG brought such a huge smile to my face. I'm happy for all who got in on 1 &2, I really mean that. 

Case 3 is open for anyone that is wanting in. As of now, 17 hours left to be part of it. 

https://devorelawoffices.com/illinois-assault-weapons-ban-case-3/

Like him or not, he’s delivering. I also emailed his office regarding a question and got  a response back within 10 minutes, which absolutely shocked me. As others have said, for $200 instead of spending thousands, it’s worth it for two reasons:

1. get to say you’re part of a group that sued these tyrants (and are named in the lawsuits) and won

2. while things work through the courts, you get your rights back and are exempted from the oppressive law.

These cases are not meant to overturn the whole law, DeVore is doing it to bring immediate relief to individuals and FFL’s (I bet the FFL’s can’t spend the $200 fast enough) and the way he attacked it was VERY smart (going after the Article 1 Section 2 violation of the new law, which is blatantly obvious that it was violated). 

On 2/3/2023 at 7:00 AM, steveTA84 said:

Case 3 is open for anyone that is wanting in. As of now, 17 hours left to be part of it. 

Like him or not, he’s delivering. I also emailed his office regarding a question and got  a response back within 10 minutes, which absolutely shocked me. As others have said, for $200 instead of spending thousands, it’s worth it for two reasons:

1. get to say you’re part of a group that sued these tyrants (and are named in the lawsuits) and won

2. while things work through the courts, you get your rights back and are exempted from the oppressive law.

These cases are not meant to overturn the whole law, DeVore is doing it to bring immediate relief to individuals and FFL’s (I bet the FFL’s can’t spend the $200 fast enough) and the way he attacked it was VERY smart (going after the Article 1 Section 2 violation of the new law, which is blatantly obvious that it was violated). 

Technically this would be applicable to any municipal ordinances with similar carve outs that state law probably copied word for word?

Regardless Its worth it. You get the TRO, you can go shopping in Indiana or order parts and its legit at this time.

On 2/3/2023 at 7:00 AM, steveTA84 said:

That alone is a super compelling reason! 

On 2/3/2023 at 1:05 PM, Jeffrey said:

+1 357

Just like IGOLD, these events are quietly announced and never broadcasted at any gun shop I go to.  LGS's should be making every person that enters completely aware of what is happening and what they could do to help.

I agree. I spoke to my LGS and FFL who handles my transfers…I spoke to them, they didn’t speak to me.  The FFL When I asked, they said “don’t worry about it, never happen”.  The LGS never raised it.  It’s really a missed opportunity to conduct a grass roots campaign. This website has been a real eye opener for me.  I am far more engaged then I have ever been. 

On 2/12/2023 at 10:50 AM, SiliconSorcerer said:

Just talk to you favorite FFL and see if it matters to them if your listed on a TRO.  I think most have asked legal advice of what they should do.  You may not like their answer.  

They actually provided a list of FFL’s / stores that are part of the 3 suits so I believe with the TRO’s those within the cases can buy and sell.

On 2/12/2023 at 5:45 PM, 2smartby1/2 said:

Yup, if you are on any of the TRO's, you can buy/sell with anyone else on any of the TRO's. 

I would also assume a plaintiff can buy non-firearm items (such as magazines) out of state from anyone willing to sell them to you, and bring them back in state.

Firearms are a different story since an out of state FFL would still have to comply with IL laws, so not being a plaintiff would mean the transfer would be barred, but they could theoretically ship to a plaintiff FFL in state for you to pick it up, again assuming you can find an FFL willing to conduct the sale in the first place.

On 2/12/2023 at 7:03 PM, SiliconSorcerer said:

My question stays the same what does your local FFL say? i think there are a lot that will say no.  

IIRC the first case has 4 FFLs listed, the second had about 70, assuming the third had similar numbers chances are your local FFL is not a plaintiff anyway and can't say anything but no.

On 2/12/2023 at 6:07 PM, defaultdotxbe said:

I would also assume a plaintiff can buy non-firearm items (such as magazines) out of state from anyone willing to sell them to you, and bring them back in state.

Firearms are a different story since an out of state FFL would still have to comply with IL laws, so not being a plaintiff would mean the transfer would be barred, but they could theoretically ship to a plaintiff FFL in state for you to pick it up, again assuming you can find an FFL willing to conduct the sale in the first place.

Honestly it sucks being a plaintiff, yet rights are either denied or restricted.

For now I think plaintiffs should just stack parts/uppers deep. 😅

On 2/14/2023 at 3:07 PM, Upholder said:

What advantage - if any - would this provide to IL-ANNOY residents?

On 2/14/2023 at 10:20 PM, JTHunter said:

What advantage - if any - would this provide to IL-ANNOY residents?

As I understand it none, it makes the depositions easier for him. Instead of 4 depositions, 1 per case, he can do it one shot as opposed to multiple. 
although I like the idea of the speaker and president of the senate to do the same thing 4 times and see if it’s the same every time. 
There won’t be any statewide TRO’s until it’s over or in supreme courts hands.

I think that’s “unless” the state goes for another appeal of some type, maybe Supreme Court appeal would make it state wide if they (state) looses.

On 2/15/2023 at 5:27 PM, mau said:

If the FFL is on the plaintiff list and you are as well, he will most likely sell to you.

A FFL I contacted is still refusing to transfer stuff. SMH 😕

Wasnt even an AR or anything. But a Glock fullsize frame... Confirmed he is also a plaintiff.

because it can hold 17 rounds.. 

Archived