DeVore case 2 open for 24 hours (Filed in White County)

DaveIL

On 1/22/2023 at 1:19 PM, crufflesmuth said:

I would be a plaintiff but personal responsibilities have me elsewhere

It's done online and takes 2 minutes, all they need is name address and email and they send you the form back to sign electronically. The more people join in as plaintiffs the easier it will be to repeal it.

On 1/22/2023 at 1:19 PM, steveTA84 said:

People are complaining about paying $200. I mean, that’s a night out in the city for example. Totally worth potentially getting exempted from the law should a narrow TRO/injunction be granted (and he got one already, so why not another). Also, everyone always talks about fighting back. Why not give $$ to pro-gun orgs AND sign on to sue in an easy way. 

Yeah, I saw that. I'm NOT wealthy. $200 for legal representation in a case like this is basically free.

On 1/22/2023 at 1:19 PM, steveTA84 said:

People are complaining about paying $200. I mean, that’s a night out in the city for example. Totally worth potentially getting exempted from the law should a narrow TRO/injunction be granted (and he got one already, so why not another). Also, everyone always talks about fighting back. Why not give $$ to pro-gun orgs AND sign on to sue in an easy way. 

In.

The opportunity to say enough is here, no ones coming to help us with this.

I'm sure more cases are on the way.

On 1/22/2023 at 1:23 PM, 357 said:

This illegal law turns visitors into criminals too, one example is carrying or transporting a firearm in Illinois.

Yeah - spending more than 24 hours in IL with a threaded barrel carry pistol, taking a 2 day hunting trip with a goose gun that holds more than 5 shells, etc.  Plenty of reasons an out of state person would want to join up.  The signup website does ask for one's county of residence and you can only select from IL counties so I'm not sure it's possible.  I sent an email to ask, we'll see if he answers before the deadline.

DeVore #2 filed today in White County 

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1FNs8NP8q6v1vI2g0YHG3UhgZlo52FCr7?usp=sharing

Greenville, IL –  On January 20, 2022 the Honorable Joshua Morrison out of Effingham County granted a Temporary Retraining Order on behalf of my clients against Governor Pritzker, Senate President Don Harmon, Speaker of the House Christopher Welch and Attorney General Kwame Raoul in regard to HB 5471, which is an outright attack on the constitutional rights of lawful gun owners across the state unless one is so fortunate to be in the large group of persons who somehow are excepted out.

After the Temporary Restraining Order was issued against HB 5471 our office was flooded with requests to represent citizens across the State of Illinois in second case. Today a second case was filed in White County styled as Darren Bailey et al. v. Pritzker et al.case number is 2023-MR-01. The people came together, and as result, over 1500 citizens for a second time joined in this effort to defend their inalienable rights to bear arms and to further stand up against the tyrannical ways which their legislature and the Governor continue to pass legislation in violation of clear constitutional mandates.

No longer can the citizens sit idly by while bureaucrats destroy the very foundational fabric of our great Republic. It’s an honor of my lifetime to play a role in representing the People against tyranny. Whether it be with the Illinois Supreme Court or the United States Supreme Court, we will continue to seek redress at every available turn until such time as the foundational principles which make this country great are restored to the People.

The Court has graciously provided my clients with an emergency hearing at 9:00 A.M. Wednesday, January 25th in White County, wherein we are asking for a temporary restraining order to restore their constitutional right to bear arms while this matter proceeds through the Courts.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/illinois/another-1-690-plaintiffs-sue-over-illinois-gun-ban/article_269d99d4-9b6b-11ed-98f3-eb1b553c2bd0.html

(The Center Square) – Another challenge to Illinois’ gun ban from attorney Thomas DeVore has been filed, and this one has twice the number of plaintiffs.

Monday, DeVore announced the second case was filed in White County where he has 1,690 plaintiffs, 62 of which are gun stores, spanning across 92 counties.

• mauserme changed the title to DeVore case 2 open for 24 hours (Filed in White County)

I sort of like the concept of filing multiple lawsuits with copious amounts of people, chances are they will get combined by the courts sooner than later but in the meantime the state has to answer multiple lawsuits by people across the state in all sorts of different positions where the infringment effects them in different ways.

Tom DeVore is a genius. $338,000.00 raised to file what might cost him, 1000 bucks all in? Who says lawyers aren't slick? LOL

Kudos to him. I didn't join, only because it wasn't a fight based on the second amendment, but rather the procedure that made this sh.. law. 

On 1/23/2023 at 6:34 PM, JDW said:

Tom DeVore is a genius. $338,000.00 raised to file what might cost him, 1000 bucks all in? Who says lawyers aren't slick? LOL

Kudos to him. I didn't join, only because it wasn't a fight based on the second amendment, but rather the procedure that made this sh.. law. 

So far, at the moment, DeVore is the guy whom brought quick results.  Many parents were grateful that “grifter” got our kids unmuzzled. My wife immediately threw in one the first round. This may drag out, and he has the collective cash to follow through with his goal/promise. It’s ok for him to make some cash… yeah I’m jealous, but he knew what to do.. you also felt helpless when Hutt signed the bill.

On 1/23/2023 at 7:12 PM, DaveIL said:

So far, at the moment, DeVore is the guy whom brought quick results.  Many parents were grateful that “grifter” got our kids unmuzzled. My wife immediately threw in one the first round. This may drag out, and he has the collective cash to follow through with his goal/promise. It’s ok for him to make some cash… yeah I’m jealous, but he knew what to do.. you also felt helpless when Hutt signed the bill.

Tom DeVore and Darren Bailey are heroes for taking a stand against corrupt politicians who think they can sell our Constitutional right. He deserves all of that and more for defending freedom and our Constitutional right.

Do you have any clue what it takes to litigate cases like this? My name is listed as a plaintiff. James Garland. I put my money where my mouth is. Cases like this run into the 100's of thousands if not 10's of millions of dollars to successfully litigate. $200 a plaintiff is a steal. Grow up. 

Your assuming that this gets settled immediately, the state has endless funds and will drag it all the way to IL Supreme Court, and beyond, so I am guessing there is a lot of money going to used in time and court fees. 

On 1/23/2023 at 7:49 PM, mab22 said:

Your assuming that this gets settled immediately, the state has endless funds and will drag it all the way to IL Supreme Court, and beyond, so I am guessing there is a lot of money going to used in time and court fees. 

I'm assuming nothing. This is not a second amendment deal, it's a procedural case. My money is going for second amendment cases. The Monarchs, Kinds and Queens who voted on this cr88 will just figure out another way to skip around procedure if this TRO stands. You kids need to read before reacting so emotionally, seriosuly. I'm going to have my coffee and brush up on my growing up for dummies book. LOL

On 1/23/2023 at 7:12 PM, DaveIL said:

You called him a grifter, not me. LOL I never felt helpless after JB signed the bill. I felt frustrated that my Senator didn't even really consider my input. Even if all this sticks, I'll never feel helpless. If we don't have a solid resolution in our favor by the end of July, I've already got a new town in Tn picked out. Spoke to my new realtor today and was very straight up about why we might be moving there. I 'm born and raised here, never ever wanted to have to leave. I like living here and always have. This time though, the Springfield Elite will have forced my hand. I retired at the age of 50 and the last thing I want to do is leave. I'm in for the fight as it pertains to the second amendment. This procedural stuff was a slam dunk for DeVore, and easy way to make a nice chunk o cash. Good for him. You called him a grifter bro, not me. 

Archived