DeVore case 2 open for 24 hours (Filed in White County)

DaveIL

On 1/21/2023 at 4:41 PM, Evil Porkchop said:

Still not understanding how right now this law applies to all but about 1000 of us. I get the whole "named plaintiff" thing. I would think sooner rather than later it has to apply to all citizens of this state.

Sooner or later, it will.  It might when a Preliminary Injunction is issued (the next stage) or it might not be until the Permanent Injunction is issued at the end of the case.

It's also entirely possible that when Raoul appeals to the Illinois Supreme Court that they expand it statewide, much like the SAFE-T act was expanded from some counties to all counties upon appeal.

On 1/21/2023 at 4:41 PM, Evil Porkchop said:

Still not understanding how right now this law applies to all but about 1000 of us. I get the whole "named plaintiff" thing. I would think sooner rather than later it has to apply to all citizens of this state.

Just like with the covid ruling, it applied to the people that sued and don't expect anyone to save you. You have 24 hours and can protect yourself from injustice and a reasonable $200 to protect your Constitutional right which to them is a piece of paper sold to billionaires for campaign contributions.

On 1/21/2023 at 6:24 PM, Euler said:

As Upholder points out above, and as I pointed out elsewhere, TROs are not injunctions, but also county courts are typically limited to county jurisdiction.

Whatever they are, you have the chance to now be exempt from this illegal law, no matter which county you live in, just as the special people exempted by the passing of this law. The 14th Amendment applies to everyone but unfortunately Illinois is pay to play. Look how they passed the law in the middle of the night and didn't care about what the constituents had to say and ignored the witness slips for their own benefit.

As Upholder points out above, and as I pointed out elsewhere, TROs are not injunctions, but also county courts are typically limited to county jurisdiction.

So the current case was filed in the 4th “Circuit” court, so it can apply beyond the “county”. And to agree with everyone a “TRO” is done to provide relief during a discovery period/ prep period etc.. until the “Injunction hearing” currently 2-1-23 in this case, can be heard. I believe the “Injunction” would wipe it away for all.  No not a lawyer, but I have followed a few things, like his “mask case” back when JB the Hutt decreed  that Child muzzling was ok. He had a group the filed and those particular kids were free to not wear the shield of shame. Same Idea here.

Something is handed down from on high, a TRO is applied to relieve “plaintiffs” whom don’t agree, then when the kids were freed it was an injunction.  

Reading this stuff gets to be a hobby, if you care about the subject manor.  Also, I believe it was State Circuit Court. My 2 cents.  If I am wrong somewhere let me know.

On 1/21/2023 at 7:38 PM, DaveIL said:

So the current case was filed in the 4th “Circuit” court, so it can apply beyond the “county”. ...

...  Also, I believe it was State Circuit Court. My 2 cents.  If I am wrong somewhere let me know.

In Illinois, circuit courts are the "original" (i.e., lowest level, where cases originate) courts. Above them are the appellate courts, then the supreme court. Some circuits cover only a single county. However many counties are in a circuit, each county has its own court in its respective circuit.

So if all of this is happening in the lower portion of, or center portion of Illinois, what happens if you live in cook county, many counties away, are you not allowed to participate?

On 1/21/2023 at 7:31 PM, mab22 said:

So if all of this is happening in the lower portion of, or center portion of Illinois, what happens if you live in cook county, many counties away, are you not allowed to participate?

I believe there were participants from many counties, including Cook, in the first suit. I missed the call for that offering. It looks like I, or anyone else, could have joined the second suit for a fee of $200. Perhaps there will be future offerings, pommeling the state with cases.

Cheers,

Tim

On 1/21/2023 at 7:42 PM, soundguy said:

I believe there were participants from many counties, including Cook, in the first suit. I missed the call for that offering. It looks like I, or anyone else, could have joined the second suit for a fee of $200. Perhaps there will be future offerings, pommeling the state with cases.

I believe there was a $200 joining fee for the first one as well, it's how the lawsuits are being financed.

On 1/21/2023 at 7:42 PM, soundguy said:

Cheers,

Tim

You can still join the second suit and have time until tomorrow to do so, no matter which county you live in.

On 1/22/2023 at 3:33 AM, gtr2009 said:

Anybody know if an out of state person join the case?

An out of state person could probably join. I think the person named as plaintiff is what counts not their address. Unless someone stored / used on a range banned firearms in Illinois or likes to purchase magazines and parts from a plaintiff FFL I don't know why an out of state resident would want or need to be freed from an Illinois only law.

My question is .... Why would the judge in case #2 go ahead and make a ruling and give a TRO rather than dismissing the case because Mr. Devore already has basically the same case against the same defendants already going through the system ? How many similar cases can you have going at the same time ? We really need to pool some money, find the brightest among us and send them to law school LOL !!!!

On 1/22/2023 at 6:39 AM, G214me said:

My question is .... Why would the judge in case #2 go ahead and make a ruling and give a TRO rather than dismissing the case because Mr. Devore already has basically the same case against the same defendants already going through the system ? How many similar cases can you have going at the same time ? We really need to pool some money, find the brightest among us and send them to law school LOL !!!!

New plantiffs....it's not like they have required a class action. This is using their lawfare tactics against them 

On 1/22/2023 at 1:12 PM, JNG3 said:

I am a plaintiff now in this one.  

People are complaining about paying $200. I mean, that’s a night out in the city for example. Totally worth potentially getting exempted from the law should a narrow TRO/injunction be granted (and he got one already, so why not another). Also, everyone always talks about fighting back. Why not give $$ to pro-gun orgs AND sign on to sue in an easy way. 

On 1/22/2023 at 6:17 AM, G214me said:

An out of state person could probably join. I think the person named as plaintiff is what counts not their address. Unless someone stored / used on a range banned firearms in Illinois or likes to purchase magazines and parts from a plaintiff FFL I don't know why an out of state resident would want or need to be freed from an Illinois only law.

This illegal law turns visitors into criminals too, one example is carrying or transporting a firearm in Illinois.

On 1/22/2023 at 6:39 AM, G214me said:

I think he is adding more plaintiffs to the same case. He got results, you are rolling the dice by not joining as a plaintiff.

Archived