Awb interview - ISRA tells reporter to shut up

Vicc

On 1/19/2023 at 7:14 PM, Vicc said:

Richard Pearson (ISRA) tells WBEZ reporter Sasha-Ann Simons to shut up @7:20 min into interview. 

https://www.wbez.org/stories/federal-lawsuits-filed-to-block-assault-weapons-ban/84275e01-37f7-4333-b833-05855b248ba6?player.ui=open

And the interview was over about 7:25 into the interview...

He needs to retire. You don’t walk into the enemy’s room (the MSM) and play their game, which in this case she was doing leading questions meant to trip him up. He got agitated and then went for the “shut up and I’ll tell you”, then got cut off and the interview ended. He walked into a trap and that’s EXACTLT what this slimy press anti-gun interviewer wanted

Would be gold if he pointed out which demographics are doing the most shooting, and which are being shot the most. It isn't the suburbanites or down state rural citizens doing the shooting.

I'm sure heads would explode if you pointed out the facts..

No pun intended. I mean that genuinely.

However the truth hurts and I'm sure it would be bent and twisted against us. There was all this outrage about the Highland Park shooting because about half a dozen white people were killed.

But that's just a slow weekend in Chicago where women, children, and young adults are killed. AND THE MEDIA/POLITICIANS DO NOT CARE! The media is racist in their own way. 

Source: https://heyjackass.com/

Shot & Killed: 6
Shot & Wounded: 24

This week alone, and the week isn't even over yet!

Also the lady did need to shut up, she was speaking over him.

To Sasha Hyphen Ann, Respect is earned you dumb troglodyte. It's a two way street. 

It is obvious to everyone that it’s time for a leader change at ISRA. My worry is who will be the replacement. Perhaps the change needs to be deeper than just the top. But, I know of at least one other person who, it appears, has some influence in the organization that I wouldn’t trust. I can only assume there are others. When is the next annual meeting where lowly members might meet and express their dissatisfaction? 

On 1/20/2023 at 12:01 AM, Felixd said:

It is obvious to everyone that it’s time for a leader change at ISRA. My worry is who will be the replacement. ...

Mauserme's speculation in another thread was Ed Sullivan. Mine was Kathleen Willis, but I might not have been entirely serious (or entirely joking).

On 1/20/2023 at 12:01 AM, Felixd said:

... When is the next annual meeting where lowly members might meet and express their dissatisfaction? 

Heh. He thinks there are meetings ...

0 The director appoints the board members. The board members elect the director. GOTO 0

On 1/19/2023 at 10:06 PM, Dumak_from_arfcom said:

RP did okay at times and then just self-destructed and had an old man tantrum at a critical time.  She didn't say anything that he should have been unprepared for. I'd say that was a fairly mild interview.  

He can't lead the ISRA anymore.  He should resign.  

I agree about the interview. The follow up person from the Sun Times made a couple of pro gun points better than he did. Something about a person will feel safer with a rifle than with a smaller weapon for example. 

Poor choice of words and could have shut her up and discredited her lies and propaganda by telling her the FBI statistic that only 455 people a year are killed by rifles in the whole country and rifles are not unusual and dangerous. Also there's no such thing as "assault weapons" and it was coined by Hitler for propaganda (Sturmgewehr 44) and used for propaganda to disarm Americans by tyrants. Besides the 7 people killed in Highland Park, has anyone else been killed with rifles in Illinois? According to their logic, are we supposed to ban all pistols because they are used in crimes? Guns save lives and are used 1.7 million times a year for self defense.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2022/05/30/fbi-data-deaths-hands-fists-feet-versus-rifles/9960682002/

https://reason.com/2022/09/09/the-largest-ever-survey-of-american-gun-owners-finds-that-defensive-use-of-firearms-is-common/

On 1/19/2023 at 8:52 PM, Capt_Destro said:

Would be gold if he pointed out which demographics are doing the most shooting, and which are being shot the most. It isn't the suburbanites or down state rural citizens doing the shooting.

I'm sure heads would explode if you pointed out the facts..

No pun intended. I mean that genuinely.

However the truth hurts and I'm sure it would be bent and twisted against us. There was all this outrage about the Highland Park shooting because about half a dozen white people were killed.

But that's just a slow weekend in Chicago where women, children, and young adults are killed. AND THE MEDIA/POLITICIANS DO NOT CARE! The media is racist in their own way. 

Source: https://heyjackass.com/

Shot & Killed: 6
Shot & Wounded: 24

This week alone, and the week isn't even over yet!

Also the lady did need to shut up, she was speaking over him.

To Sasha Hyphen Ann, Respect is earned you dumb troglodyte. It's a two way street. 

I've done exactly that on CapFax, and anyone who's spent more than 5 minutes there knows exactly what happened, "Thats a separate issue", then instantly blocked from commenting further.

On 1/20/2023 at 8:20 AM, countyline said:

I've done exactly that on CapFax, and anyone who's spent more than 5 minutes there knows exactly what happened, "Thats a separate issue", then instantly blocked from commenting further.

They blocked you from commenting? Apparently they are confident in the logic of their positions, and also their ability to defend them.

Archived