Rep. Wilhour: 'We Will Not Comply'

mauserme

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/illinois-firearms-gun-rights/2023/01/12/id/1104188/

Illinois State Rep. to Governor: 'We Will Not Comply' With Firearms Ban

Thursday, 12 January 2023 04:48 PM EST

State Rep. Blaine Wilhour, R-Ill., has already taken a public stand against Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker's newly enacted ban on commonly owned semiautomatic weapons.

Shortly after Pritzker signed the law, which mandates that current owners of banned firearms register their weapons with the Illinois State Police, the Republican Wilhour responded: "We will not comply, and you're not going to do a darn thing about it, because the law, the Constitution, and the founding principles are on our side."

"Never again will we allow our Constitution and our freedoms to be shredded by your political agenda. We don't trust you. Too may citizens in this state don't trust you. A government unchecked, a government willing to defy the Constitution is a government that is completely out of control," he said.

This kind of thing really is throwing down the gauntlet. It's essentially calling Pritzker's bluff when it comes to fully enforcing this constitutional travesty.

The possibilities here are very interesting. One is reminded of Denmark during WW2, whose citizens defied Hitler's order that all Jews wear a star on their clothing. Their defiance took the form of almost everyone in the country -- including the king --  wearing a star, thus making the Nazi rule worthless and unenforceable against Jews.

The fact that so many sheriffs have come out against this is going to present Pritzker with a real dilemma. And that development, coupled with the court cases that are coming, ought to give real hope for anyone whose rights are infringed by this law.

What the corpulent comrade fails to believe is that police in Illinois have discretion in enforcement of law. Be it whether or not to issue a traffic ticket or if a law is obviously unconstitutional. There are serious crimes where their discretion is far less, but not with the “average” citizen interaction. JaBa, as a good leftist, wants police robots that simply do as they are told.  

I hear a rumbling. The chubby governor has gone to far in his bid to be president and the people have had enough. No longer will the people follow his orders or put up with his contempt for them. JB is the emperor with no clothes and the disgusting sight is repellent to the citizens. He is finished in politics. This unconstitutional law will be his undoing and his minions will be surprised at the response from the good people of this state when they just say "No thanks JB, you are not going to deny us our God given rights." The 2nd Amendment limits what the government can do and that is why it is part of the bill of rights. It wasn't included in the constitution to grant us anything. We always had the right to self-defense and the right to bear arms, the 2nd Amendment says that right cannot be infringed on by the government. Period.

On 1/13/2023 at 7:48 AM, richp said:

This kind of thing really is throwing down the gauntlet. It's essentially calling Pritzker's bluff when it comes to fully enforcing this constitutional travesty.

The possibilities here are very interesting. One is reminded of Denmark during WW2, whose citizens defied Hitler's order that all Jews wear a star on their clothing. Their defiance took the form of almost everyone in the country -- including the king --  wearing a star, thus making the Nazi rule worthless and unenforceable against Jews.

The fact that so many sheriffs have come out against this is going to present Pritzker with a real dilemma. And that development, coupled with the court cases that are coming, ought to give real hope for anyone whose rights are infringed by this law.

I guess we would get in all kinds of trouble if we registered thousands of guns that don't exist?  

OR

We could say we put them in the toilets he had removed from his buildings?

On 1/13/2023 at 8:47 AM, mousegun6 said:

I hear a rumbling. The chubby governor has gone to far in his bid to be president and the people have had enough. No longer will the people follow his orders or put up with his contempt for them. JB is the emperor with no clothes and the disgusting sight is repellent to the citizens. He is finished in politics. This unconstitutional law will be his undoing and his minions will be surprised at the response from the good people of this state when they just say "No thanks JB, you are not going to deny us our God given rights." The 2nd Amendment limits what the government can do and that is why it is part of the bill of rights. It wasn't included in the constitution to grant us anything. We always had the right to self-defense and the right to bear arms, the 2nd Amendment says that right cannot be infringed on by the government. Period.

From your "lips" to God's ear !!

Blaine, Bailey, & DeVore talk and position a lot. I'd love to see them be plaintiffs, post a youtube video of themselves with banned items, and then demonstrate noncompliance after the deadline. It'd put Pritkzer is an awkward spot. He'd have to push for enforcement which might help with court case getting the law ruled unconstitutional. Pretty sure all three love to be the center of attention and have higher aspirations so might be a good spring board for them too.

A lot of bold talk here. I asked my adult kids what’s going on in their social groups and schools. In our NW suburb this is nowhere on the radar.

I asked in a previous post who’s signing up as a plaintiff. One response.

Here, a raft of fat jokes about a Governor who relishes flexing his electoral power. Its easy grandstanding early in the process, we will see where they stand at the deadline if the courts have not ridden to the rescue, which i’m hoping for but not yet ready to bet the farm on. Writing check, trying to learn wants required, and always planning for the worst. This is Illinois.

On 1/14/2023 at 9:18 AM, lilguy said:

A lot of bold talk here. I asked my adult kids what’s going on in their social groups and schools. In our NW suburb this is nowhere on the radar.

I asked in a previous post who’s signing up as a plaintiff. One response.

Here, a raft of fat jokes about a Governor who relishes flexing his electoral power. Its easy grandstanding early in the process, we will see where they stand at the deadline if the courts have not ridden to the rescue, which i’m hoping for but not yet ready to bet the farm on. Writing check, trying to learn wants required, and always planning for the worst. This is Illinois.

I can tell you we've received many, many responses to our email asking for interested potential plaintiff's.   And we're not the only group asking.

The fact that they haven't responded to you, individually is, to put it plainly, not very relevant to what's happening.

Thats good to know, thank you. 

And it is relevant, i’ve spent an

adults life time funding progun groups,

including this one. Belong to more than a few. The % of gun owners 

that are really involved in the battle is 
minuscule. A lot of folks rant on line, thats easy, but are not that fearless in reality. We have to resort to the courts because we can’t convince the majority in this state to vote the way we wish they would. I’m happy to hear folk are lining up take on the challenge.

Archived