WELL NOW THEY GONE AND DONE IT! (Legislative Update 1/11/2023)

mauserme

Has anyone gotten wind of some new bills that supposedly landed either this morning or last night?  

I've seen a few rumblings on the web but without them being able to provide a bill number, I'll assume it was just folks who had no idea what they were talking about.  

I personally haven't been able to find anything, but I also don't have loads of time to read through every bill.  

On 1/12/2023 at 11:56 PM, LTC Hunter said:

What happens if a person signs on as a plaintiff?  Seriously asking.  I was asked today and didn't know enough about it to give an answer, so I thought I would ask here.  Thanks. 

From Molly's previous post in this thread...

On 1/11/2023 at 1:42 PM, Molly B. said:

Named plaintiffs names would be made known in the lawsuit. Plaintiffs do not have to go to court. At most, they might have to do a deposition, questioned by the attorneys.

On 1/13/2023 at 1:45 AM, Dumak_from_arfcom said:

Okay, 

What makes for a good plaintiff in  cases like the ones that are going to be filed?

It shouldn't make any difference, but law abiding, clean record, no skeltons in the closet is always a high priority.  And I suspect they will seek a diversified group of plaintiffs touching bases on  residency location, age, sex, finacial standing and ethnicity.

On 1/12/2023 at 9:46 AM, DD123 said:

Has anyone gotten wind of some new bills that supposedly landed either this morning or last night?  

I've seen a few rumblings on the web but without them being able to provide a bill number, I'll assume it was just folks who had no idea what they were talking about.  

I personally haven't been able to find anything, but I also don't have loads of time to read through every bill.  

The 103rd General Assembly started Wednesday, so we're in that period where new bills are being filed.  There are 1,164 new House bills filed so far, and a couple dozen resolutions  between the House and Senate.  Though most of those House bills are shell bills filed by the Speaker, 14 of them relate to us.

I'll get the new watch lists posted over the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived