WELL NOW THEY GONE AND DONE IT! (Legislative Update 1/11/2023)

mauserme

WELL NOW THEY GONE AND DONE IT!

Yes, it's true. The rumors you've heard about the Protect Illinois Communities Act being passed are more than idle gossip. The Senate created its own version of this legislation on January 9. That version was sent to the House yesterday where it was passed to the Governor's desk and signed into law last night. It includes gun bans, magazine bans, registration, and so many other infringements on our rights.

Yes, it's true. We tried to save the state from their tyranny. We tried to protect the Constitution at the legislative level. We tried to save them from themselves.

In the end, there were enough votes from those who care little for the oath they spoke, the oath they took to protect the Constitution. They think, once signed by the Governor, that this is where it ends.

They are wrong.

As they were told during debate, legal action challenging this is no rumor. Litigation has been in the planning stages for many months so please do not panic.

As they were told during debate, their tyranny will not stand.

During debate Senate President Harmon arrogantly stated, “We will see you in court”. Yes Mr. Harmon, we will see your ilk in court where we will not re-litigate DC v Heller as you tried in the middle of that late night of debate, even exhibiting willful ignorance in trying to bring up the “militia” issue which has been ruled by the Supreme Court as an individual right.  Heller is settled law. NYSRPA v Bruen is settled law. You can feign ignorance for the consumption of those you call “the advocates”, but we know better. So do you.

No, this is not the end of our rights. It is the beginning of the end of gun control and the groups that promote it. 

After the New York ruling, a weapons ban and two magazine bans in other states have already been over turned by the court. AND, while we are fighting this current aberration, we will also be chipping away at the other unconstitutional laws that have been on the books for some time.

Join us for this new phase of the fight. It promises to be very interesting, perhaps even entertaining.

Join us as we continue vetting plaintiffs for this legal action, knowing that we will prevail.

And take heart in the fact that by passing “the strongest assault weapon ban in the country”, they made it that much easier to defeat.

Also of note, it appears that only a single Republican (if you want to call him that) voted for this bill in both houses.  The democrats totally own this thing!

Parties interested in being considered as a plaintiff may contact us using the contact form on our website.

Please Donate to our lawsuit legal fund and we pledge your dollars will go to litigation here in IL.

###

Resist … Because if we fight we might lose but if we don’t fight, we have already lost.

Have Questions About the new Protect Illinois Communities Act?

So do we.

This law was passed with more confusion than explanation, leading to a large number of questions about it's implications and enforcement.  We are as confused as anyone.

Because of this we suggest all questions be directed to both sponsors who will share their firearm and legal expertise. 

They may be contacted at:

House Sponsor Representative Bob Morgan

District Office:  (847) 780-8471

info@repbobmorgan.com

Senate Sponsor President Don Harmon

District Office:  (708) 848-2002

dharmon@senatedem.ilga.gov

The Illinois State police can also be contacted with questions.  Director Kelly's office may be reached at 217-782-7263.

Don't be shy.  No question is too small.  

###

On 1/11/2023 at 1:08 PM, lilguy said:

Where is the signed bill to read. NOT everything leading up to it.

when you see it show up here:
https://ilga.gov/legislation/publicacts/grplist.asp?GA=102&Min=1101&Max=1150

then it is a published public act.

-or-

When you look at the bill status page,
https://ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=5471&GAID=16&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=139995&SessionID=110&SpecSess=&Session=&GA=102

and you see a line that says "Public Act", like the example below, for a different bill.
then it has been published, and you can drill down and read it.

Until then you can read what led up to it, which is what we are doing.

image.png.048beed7f9fa0d0823baf18ad39c893f.png

On 1/11/2023 at 1:27 PM, mikew said:

when you see it show up here:
https://ilga.gov/legislation/publicacts/grplist.asp?GA=102&Min=1101&Max=1150

then it is a published public act.

-or-

When you look at the bill status page,
https://ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=5471&GAID=16&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=139995&SessionID=110&SpecSess=&Session=&GA=102

and you see a line that says "Public Act", like the example below, for a different bill.
then it has been published, and you can drill down and read it.

Until then you can read what led up to it, which is what we are doing.

image.png.048beed7f9fa0d0823baf18ad39c893f.png

So we are not violating the ACT until it's published?

It was an effective immediately act wasn't it?

On 1/11/2023 at 12:42 PM, mab22 said:

Questions regarding being a plaintiff.

What personal details will be made available to the public?

Can you be anonymous?

Do you have to go to court?

Named plaintiffs names would be made known in the lawsuit. Plaintiffs do not have to go to court. At most, they might have to do a deposition, questioned by the attorneys.

If my reading and understanding is correct, the parts that are effective immediately mostly effect FFL (no selling 'assault' weapons and 'large' capacity mags.

Then 90 days from signing parts come into play and as the year continues on other parts phase in till January 1st when the bill is in full affect.

On 1/11/2023 at 2:01 PM, mab22 said:

What an _______ , try this link for full text.  https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/102/HB/10200HB5471lv.htm

Note that the initial page shows it going to the governor and not signed?

On 1/11/2023 at 12:44 PM, AKS-74U said:

What is the impact of this law on current and future NFA's in Illinois?

I have several and several more In the works.

Same here. I have 3 SBRs waiting for Approval. What does that mean? I own them and are waiting for NFA Approval. A 4473 & FTIP is not necessary so what effective date counts for US?

I called him and asked if FFLs were allowed to sell current inventory and be allowed to purchase future inventory for exempted groups and out of state buyers. Waiting for a response...

On 1/11/2023 at 10:57 AM, mauserme said:

WELL NOW THEY GONE AND DONE IT!

Yes, it's true. The rumors you've heard about the Protect Illinois Communities Act being passed are more than idle gossip. The Senate created its own version of this legislation on January 9. That version was sent to the House yesterday where it was passed to the Governor's desk and signed into law last night. It includes gun bans, magazine bans, registration, and so many other infringements on our rights.

Yes, it's true. We tried to save the state from their tyranny. We tried to protect the Constitution at the legislative level. We tried to save them from themselves.

In the end, there were enough votes from those who care little for the oath they spoke, the oath they took to protect the Constitution. They think, once signed by the Governor, that this is where it ends.

They are wrong.

As they were told during debate, legal action challenging this is no rumor. Litigation has been in the planning stages for many months so please do not panic.

As they were told during debate, their tyranny will not stand.

During debate Senate President Harmon arrogantly stated, “We will see you in court”. Yes Mr. Harmon, we will see your ilk in court where we will not re-litigate DC v Heller as you tried in the middle of that late night of debate, even exhibiting willful ignorance in trying to bring up the “militia” issue which has been ruled by the Supreme Court as an individual right.  Heller is settled law. NYSRPA v Bruen is settled law. You can feign ignorance for the consumption of those you call “the advocates”, but we know better. So do you.

No, this is not the end of our rights. It is the beginning of the end of gun control and the groups that promote it. 

After the New York ruling, a weapons ban and two magazine bans in other states have already been over turned by the court. AND, while we are fighting this current aberration, we will also be chipping away at the other unconstitutional laws that have been on the books for some time.

Join us for this new phase of the fight. It promises to be very interesting, perhaps even entertaining.

Join us as we continue vetting plaintiffs for this legal action, knowing that we will prevail.

And take heart in the fact that by passing “the strongest assault weapon ban in the country”, they made it that much easier to defeat.

Also of note, it appears that only a single Republican (if you want to call him that) voted for this bill in both houses.  The democrats totally own this thing!

Parties interested in being considered as a plaintiff may contact us using the contact form on our website.

Please Donate to our lawsuit legal fund and we pledge your dollars will go to litigation here in IL.

###

Resist … Because if we fight we might lose but if we don’t fight, we have already lost.

Have Questions About the new Protect Illinois Communities Act?

So do we.

This law was passed with more confusion than explanation, leading to a large number of questions about it's implications and enforcement.  We are as confused as anyone.

Because of this we suggest all questions be directed to both sponsors who will share their firearm and legal expertise. 

They may be contacted at:

House Sponsor Representative Bob Morgan

District Office:  (847) 780-8471

info@repbobmorgan.com

Senate Sponsor President Don Harmon

District Office:  (708) 848-2002

dharmon@senatedem.ilga.gov

The Illinois State police can also be contacted with questions.  Director Kelly's office may be reached at 217-782-7263.

Don't be shy.  No question is too small.  

###

mauserme First and foremost, thanks for all you do!

My question, can this be shared on personal Social Media accounts?

On 1/11/2023 at 2:34 PM, ealcala31 said:

I called him and asked if FFLs were allowed to sell current inventory and be allowed to purchase future inventory for exempted groups and out of state buyers. Waiting for a response...

Not a single IL FFL should sell the jackboots a damn thing!  I stopped reading and started throwing things when I read RETIRED LEO are exempt!

On 1/11/2023 at 5:33 PM, techgeek said:

Not a single IL FFL should sell the jackboots a damn thing!  I stopped reading and started throwing things when I read RETIRED LEO are exempt!

Agreed, but who am I going to sell to? Since the Virus Shutdowns have ended, I don't sell alot online anymore and IL residents are now prohibited. To be honest, firearm and accessory consumers do not support retail and non-retail sellers anymore. Its online or NOTHING! I have been an FFL for 3.5yrs and sat on the consumer side for many many years. I get it, you want to save $$$, but the consumer will turn me away for $1, $1.12, or $4.11 on a firearm that the online shipper refused to ship. I have LE Customers that have bought quite a few items from me even though they could have gone to Ray O'Herron's, Kieslers, or any other LE Store but they came to do business with me to show local support. Maybe my business viewpoint might change but right now I am trying to get all the business I can.

On 1/11/2023 at 5:33 PM, techgeek said:

They do that to create division.

They could make them the same as the rest of us but they "fake support" for police and former police, but then we might be in agreement and they can't have that.

On 1/11/2023 at 7:45 PM, mab22 said:

They do that to create division.

They could make them the same as the rest of us but they "fake support" for police and former police, but then we might be in agreement and they can't have that.

They only made LE exempt because of the IL State Police. Who is going to enforce their gun control laws? If they neuter them, ISP won't support them...

Archived