State Troopers face a choice

mousegun6

This is directly from the ISP website:

Welcome to the Illinois State Police

This is the oath taken by every Illinois State Police Trooper. These men and women take pride in embracing the core values of law enforcement, with the sole objective of being excellent Illinois State Police public service employees. This oath an ongoing and enduring promise of our commitment to the Citizens of the State of Illinois.

"I solemnly vow to the people of Illinois, upon my honor as an officer and citizen, to discharge the duties of an officer of the Illinois State Police to the best of my ability, to adhere to the rules and regulations of the Illinois State Police, and to adopt the Agency's mission and goals into my everyday life. I pledge to be honest in thought, word, and deed; to maintain unimpeachable integrity; to be just, fair, and impartial; to be steadfast against evil and its temptations; and to give my utmost to protect the rights, property, and lives of our citizens. I shall strive to give thoughtful, intelligent obedience to the commands of my superiors, to make my conduct friendly but impartial, courteous but firm, and charitable to the inadvertent violator. But I shall never compromise with crime and shall, at all times, uphold the Constitutions and laws of my country and the state of Illinois."

They can't follow JB's orders and still be true to their oath to uphold "the Constitution and laws of my country and the state of Illinois."

I'm going to say a prayer that they find the wisdom to stand up for freedom and refuse to enforce this law. JB threatened to fire them last night if they didn't enforce this law. I wonder how many of them are having coffee this morning and actually thinking about looking for a better job.

Well since the Governor and Legislature are committing felony deprivation of rights under color of law as well as active insurrection and sedition against the courts and country. All whom participated in this should be immediately arrested and held without bail until trial. They have demonstrated by their actions that they are domestic terrorists and a clear and present danger to the state and country. Any officer who does not move to enforce the law and arrest the offenders should tender his or her resignation today.

The Governor and ILGA have exempted themselves, for the most part.  The ISP and other law enforcement are most certainly NOT exempt from criminal and civil penalties for violating rights.  Any who enforce this, cooperate with it, and their entire chains of command can - and should - face civil actions for starters, with liens placed on their properties, homes, assets, and pensions.  Sheriffs have been very vocal in their opposition.  The FOP has been largely mute...once the exemptions for LE were dropped in after HB5855 was morphed into 5471. 

Law enforcement exercises discretion to enforce, or not enforce, daily.  If that were not the case we would all be getting speeding tickets for a mile of two over the limit.  Prosecutors exercise similar discretion on whether or not they will press an issue. 

These are just givens.  There's no secret about any of this.

King JB doesn't own the state police and can't use them as his private army to enforce Bloomberg's edicts and can't do whatever his wants and we are not his servants. They have rights and an oath to uphold and in a union I believe so there's nothing he can do. What he said last night shows his character and he lied repeatedly. Empty threats from a domestic enemy of the US Constitution and God bless the state police for standing by to this criminal and tyrant.

On 1/11/2023 at 9:04 AM, steveTA84 said:

^^^^
for many, their paychecks mean more than a “silly” oath....

If ordered to arrest or kill someone, they will do it.

Love you Steve.  In a manly way.  But when you say “Silly Oath” many of us took a “Silly Oath” to serve, protect and honor and obey the constitution.  I get they will be torn between job, income, and what they said they will do, but it’s not silly.

On 1/11/2023 at 10:28 AM, Bubbacs said:

Love you Steve.  In a manly way.  But when you say “Silly Oath” many of us took a “Silly Oath” to serve, protect and honor and obey the constitution.  I get they will be torn between job, income, and what they said they will do, but it’s not silly.

My comment was in reference to people that take it not taking it seriously and just something they say, not practice, thus “silly” and “not important” to some that take it 

On 1/11/2023 at 10:32 AM, Bubbacs said:

Sorry then.  My bad.  After all these years it’s still something I take seriously.  Me, My Oath doesn’t end when I left service or went home.  It’s still in effect if need be.  To me!

(I think Steve's infamous purple highlighter was broken when he wrote that) 😉

On 1/11/2023 at 9:04 AM, steveTA84 said:

^^^^
for many, their paychecks mean more than a “silly” oath....

If ordered to arrest or kill someone, they will do it.

Absolutely! "Duh, Im just doin muh job"

On 1/11/2023 at 9:53 AM, Lord_Balkan said:

This is when conservatives find out who will enforce progressive's signed laws. 

BINGO!

On 1/11/2023 at 10:41 AM, steveTA84 said:

Ok, so just in the IL constitution:

Statements made by Jabba and the ISP director regarding enforcement/consequences at will:

BFB96CCC-A1ED-4644-B7AC-61CF6E1C7E3A.jpeg.fe1b20cd1c9f50b0f77b6a80ff853109.jpeg

The registration affidavit and penalties for not complying with forced registration of legally acquired property pre-enactment:
0621AB03-143B-4454-B7CA-30A19B7802EB.jpeg.5d4801315826e863503fb60d6d5af7c2.jpeg

552A4B2F-78AF-4490-ADAF-1EEE4CCAA94C.jpeg.8d09618cdc3ee6f4b470af65f849264c.jpeg

This goes without explanation:

9A8F6213-204B-4CA2-97AF-D520B48954D0.jpeg.57fa74f2a1e1b0c7852d0860e4599224.jpeg

Did you forget the part that defines who makes up the Illinois State Militia.

On 1/11/2023 at 10:34 AM, speedbump said:

These are in direct conflict.  Past and future court decisions will bear this out.

That's exactly my point. The front line troopers are in a pickle. Stay and enforce the law or find another job where you don't have to betray your friends and family on a daily basis ?

On 1/11/2023 at 12:19 PM, Lord_Balkan said:

The state troopers already decided, or else they wouldn't have sent out that email to FFLs

The boss decided and sent the email, the front-line troopers are the ones who will be meeting people who may or may not be in compliance. What will they do?

On 1/11/2023 at 12:27 PM, mousegun6 said:

The boss decided and sent the email, the front-line troopers are the ones who will be meeting people who may or may not be in compliance. What will they do?

I think my point is there is multiple layers of non compliance.

Head of ISP

Local and state police

Local and state Prosecutors

FFLs

Gunowners

etc.

We should expect and want all layers to not comply. This is how progressives get their way- prosecutors just stop complying. But here, people are not expecting FFLs, for example, to just not comply. What will the state do if every FFL in the state just doesn't comply? 

On 1/11/2023 at 12:45 PM, Lord_Balkan said:

I think my point is there is multiple layers of non compliance.

Head of ISP

Local and state police

Local and state Prosecutors

FFLs

Gunowners

etc.

We should expect and want all layers to not comply. This is how progressives get their way- prosecutors just stop complying. But here, people are not expecting FFLs, for example, to just not comply. What will the state do if every FFL in the state just doesn't comply? 

They would shut them down and arrest the owners, one by one. I think we can expect the head of the ISP and the FFLs to comply. The muddy part is what's in the middle. I don't know what they will do. We will see in 90 days for the mags and next Jan 1st for the registration. I figure maybe 30% of the guns in this state are owned by democrats. I wonder if we will have 30% of the gun owners comply with the registration requirement ? We should have every citizen who elected these folks be happy to comply with their new law. Will they?

On 1/11/2023 at 1:51 PM, Dumak_from_arfcom said:

Very few officers are going to walk in the door and tell their spouse they have been fired and lost their pension, and now they can't pay their mortgage, because they wouldn't take guns from some people. 

This ^^^

With body cams they don't have much discretion anymore. 

On 1/11/2023 at 9:16 AM, speedbump said:

The FOP has been largely mute...once the exemptions for LE were dropped in after HB5855 was morphed into 5471. 

I'm actually surprised they offered a version that didn't have it included already. That was a clause that Acevedo and Munoz - both sworn officers earning pension time on the Legislative payroll - included in all their bills.

Archived