Nullification begins

steveTA84

On 1/12/2023 at 2:38 PM, steveTA84 said:

81292A8C-CE85-4205-8D59-9BD0B745D2B4.thumb.jpeg.c56eacf5ccf358a21cfcb2627726d53d.jpeg

So basically 3-5 counties in the state is the likely outcome of those who will enforce.  And the real irony is that there are 10's of thousands of these weapons in Cook.  Maybe 100's of thousands.  You couldn't walk into a Cook gun shop and not see someone getting ready to buy one for the last ten years.  The dem drones there just still outnumber the seriously armed outer edges of cook county. 

I spoke to Robert Burns the Sheriff of Jackson County this afternoon.

He is a sportsman himself and believes in the constitution and 2nd amendment rights for law abiding citizens.

He has downloaded the 100 plus pages of the new law and from what he has read so far is not impressed.

He wants to study and understand the whole thing before he sends out a letter like most of the sheriff's have.

Like me he believes the States Attorneys must be onboard too for nullification to work.

I think he will agree with us but we will have to wait and see.

He is still studying the 700 plus pages of the Safe-T Act and has some real problems with that, especially cashless bail!

He wonders what is going on in Springfield these days.

On 1/12/2023 at 6:13 PM, LTC Hunter said:

Amazingly, to me at least,the Rock Island County Sheriff is going along with many of the other sheriffs who are standing against Pritzker.

Rock Island County Sheriff Office Re Passage of Illinois House Bill 5471....pdf 1.06 MB · 6 downloads

I now have faith - thanks for posting this.

On 1/12/2023 at 9:31 PM, Upholder said:

I will note that the Kane County Sheriff reportedly said he would abide by the decision of the IL Supreme Court in this ABC7 news story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htVPDZW4Jyo

"Maybe for safe keeping"  what?!?!

His statement posted to Facebook is weak also.  

I have been asked, “Will the Kane County Sheriff’s Office enforce this law?” As we have always done, we will investigate and charge those who illegally possess firearms or use firearms in the commission of a criminal act. What we will not do is proactively investigate legal, FOID card holding, gun owners and seize their firearms.

On 1/12/2023 at 5:27 PM, BCC said:

Will county Sheriff Kelly is cowardly silent...no response via email either !!!!

😡 doesn't surprise me.  Riley had him on the vote count on election day but a week later after the mail in (harvesting) votes "came in", Kelly took the lead and the W and he apparently cares little about his oath to the constitution. 

Archived