Nullification begins

steveTA84

On 1/10/2023 at 9:35 PM, 357 said:

You can sell magazines to people out of state right and is that for 90 days?

repeating all the caveats, the way I read it, you can always sell your mags to someone out of state, but after 90 days you have to notify the ISP of the name and address of whom you transferred those mags to within 10 days of transferring them.  The relevant text as I see it is here on page 107

image.png.9dc16d9998a985d15f7ebec62ad086b6.png

On 1/10/2023 at 9:43 PM, Upholder said:

repeating all the caveats, the way I read it, you can always sell your mags to someone out of state, but after 90 days you have to notify the ISP of the name and address of whom you transferred those mags to within 10 days of transferring them.  The relevant text as I see it is here on page 107

Thanks. Police state tactics, you need the permission of the police state for everything. I wonder what all this unnecessary bloated bureaucracy is gonna cost in extra manpower and overtime and for no good reason. Chicago scrapped their registration scheme a few years ago, waste of time and resources.

On 1/10/2023 at 9:43 PM, Upholder said:

This one just confuses me.  What's the point....

On 1/11/2023 at 5:04 AM, techgeek said:

This one just confuses me.  What's the point....

Note, also, that the referenced section purports to place requirements on the actions of the out of state receiver of that transfer, and also restricts them on further transferring of magazines.
So now Illinois apparently believes they can rule the citizens of other states….

On 1/11/2023 at 7:37 AM, Tip said:

Note, also, that the referenced section purports to place requirements on the actions of the out of state receiver of that transfer, and also restricts them on further transferring of magazines.
So now Illinois apparently believes they can rule the citizens of other states….

This is the part of this whole thing that confuses and makes it difficult for me to make a Game Plan. The State of Illinois proposes to make *ME* responsible for keeping track of people who live in free states and what they do with the high cap mags I now need to sell or destroy? And if they send me a letter asking me where all those mags went and I tell them I sold them on consignment they can force me (legally) to tell them exactly who owns them and those people are now supposed to contact the ISP and notify them they are in possession of "Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Devices" supplied by me?

What about keeping these mags in out of State storage? Along with the "Assault Weapons" they might supply? Does the law pertain to possession within the State or if I store them in Iowa or Wisconsin or Missouri am I still in possession of these items according to Illinois Law?

Just trying to read thru this and understand it is giving me a headache.

The guidance now should be to keep quiet about things you may have currently and let the lawyers sort it out.  Working yourself into an anxious frenzy won't help anyone except the other side.  

To the average private citizens with items that are affected by the law, the chances of any one of you becoming a test case is rather low.  Zero?  No, of course not.  That said, if you do become a test case, I can pretty much guarantee you'll find all the pro-2A alphabet folks assisting you to with legal needs.   In the meantime, don't do anything stupid that might trip you up.

If you're a dealer currently swamped in un-sellable inventory, I can't imagine the angst you're feeling over that.  I hope this gets resolved ASAFP for you.

On 1/11/2023 at 8:33 AM, Tip said:

The guidance was to refrain from pointing out flaws in PROPOSED legislation in order to prevent helping them write a “better” or “stronger” BILL.

The BILL is written, the BILL is passed, the BILL is signed, the BILL is LAW.

The guidance is no longer appropriate. 

I think it is still appropriate.  Nothing to keep GA from modifying what's already been passed.  Don't give them any help at all.

Also, I think it's important not to panic.  We all know this is gonna get challenged in court, and the likelihood of us winning is high.  That being said, the last thing I'm gonna to is tell the enemy what my game plan is if we do happen to lose the case.  Doesn't mean I'm not gonna plan, but I'm sure not gonna post my plan on the internet.

Take a couple breaths, and relax.

On 1/11/2023 at 8:19 AM, mrmagloo said:

Let me reemphasize:

The guidance here has been to avoid pointing out flaws in this legislation.

"Everyone has the right to remain silent...few people have the ability."

This topic has veered so far off course it may have to be restarted.....

On 1/11/2023 at 8:33 AM, Tip said:

The guidance was to refrain from pointing out flaws in PROPOSED legislation in order to prevent helping them write a “better” or “stronger” BILL.

The BILL is written, the BILL is passed, the BILL is signed, the BILL is LAW.

The guidance is no longer appropriate. 

This is correct.

On 1/11/2023 at 8:41 AM, EdDinIL said:

The guidance now should be to keep quiet about things you may have currently and let the lawyers sort it out.  Working yourself into an anxious frenzy won't help anyone except the other side.  

To the average private citizens with items that are affected by the law, the chances of any one of you becoming a test case is rather low.  Zero?  No, of course not.  That said, if you do become a test case, I can pretty much guarantee you'll find all the pro-2A alphabet folks assisting you to with legal needs.   In the meantime, don't do anything stupid that might trip you up.

If you're a dealer currently swamped in un-sellable inventory, I can't imagine the angst you're feeling over that.  I hope this gets resolved ASAFP for you.

Without going into all the details here….

I am getting this “spidey sense” that the St. Clair county democrats have already targeted me.

will these pro-2A organizations pay for my bail to get me out of the St, Clair county jail?

Will these pro-2A organizations pay for my lost wages if the democratic machine here wants to keep me “incarcerated” til they figure out what to charge me with (and Lexis Nexis search my assets and The Work Number my pay/income….and go through the LE portal of facebook to snoop on my profile)?

Will my “incarceration” be so long that I get fired from my job?  Will these  pro-2A organizations pay my mortgage then?

sorry, I don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer here, but I reckon that right now my finances and energy would be better put to use buying a house and land in Missouri.

😞

Archived