which guns specifically are banned or required to be registered per hb5471

Mauserwaffen98

This is the part of the bill that kills me: 

Barrel Shroud being banned. Damn near every rifle, "assault" or not, has a barrel shroud. Does a barrel shroud make the rifle more deadly? No. But god forbid we place our grip on the barrel to better control the firearm. Can't have that. Better remove the shroud so that it's difficult to wield. 

(vi) a shroud attached to the barrel or that
25           partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing

1           the bearer to hold the firearm with the non-trigger
2           hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that
3           encloses the barrel.

Harmon said the M1 was not banned because it only holds 8rnds. But buy the bill says it has a barrel shroud, it's just made out of wood. 

They screwed me on the 80% law where i had to pay $500 to serialize my firearms and register them. Now i'm going to have to register them again if i want to keep them.

On 1/10/2023 at 7:39 AM, bmyers said:

After reading the list, I believe this is the only thing I will be allowed to carry and conceal or take to the range.

Amazon.com : BASUNE Solid Wooden Slingshot Toys with Classic Construction  Hunting Slingshot for Catapult Game, Outdoor, Hunting-for  Kids/Children/Adult (Deep Brown) : Sports & Outdoors

Not in Elmhurst:

On 1/10/2023 at 7:29 AM, kevin525 said:

Harmon said the M1 was not banned because it only holds 8rnds. But buy the bill says it has a barrel shroud, it's just made out of wood. 

They screwed me on the 80% law where i had to pay $500 to serialize my firearms and register them. Now i'm going to have to register them again if i want to keep them.

Says who? 

the M1 garand can also be converted to a detachable magazine.  Just ask Beretta and Breda, or for that matIt ter the James river Armoryas

It also bans ordinary SKS rifles, as they are defined as detachable magazine, as you can remove  the magazine without taking apart the "action".

Interestingly enough it does not appear to ban the sale or possession of receivers

On 1/10/2023 at 8:00 AM, Odinson said:

Not in Elmhurst:

I was going to make a joke about how the Chicago police took someone's rubber band gun away from them thinking it took black powder, but you really took the wind out of my sails.  

Elmhurst doesn't even allow slingshots?  Kids can't even be kids these days?  sad.

Rubber band gun link:  

On 1/10/2023 at 8:00 AM, Odinson said:

Not in Elmhurst:

Last time I looked, Elmhurst didn't allow concealed carry either.

On 1/10/2023 at 8:24 AM, Benbow said:

It also bans ordinary SKS rifles, as they are defined as detachable magazine, as you can remove  the magazine without taking apart the "action".

Interestingly enough it does not appear to ban the sale or possession of receivers

I was waiting until Mr. Benbow put in his $0.02

On 1/10/2023 at 7:29 AM, kevin525 said:

Well it doesn't say that a garand has a shroud. It doesn't define shroud. It doesn't say a shroud is a part made out of any material surrounding the barrel.

Maybe shroud means a forend with holes so that the barrel is only shrouded, not completely covered....

not unless you modify it for those terrible duckbill mags.....factory config it will not work

On 1/10/2023 at 9:30 AM, JamesW said:

Wow, I am glad I didn't pick this up at the show in Franklin, per Page 86, E:

(edit to add, being an antique it looks exempt)

20221203_103948.jpg

The Bass Pro in East Peoria has had a used Taurus Circuit Judge in .410/45 Colt for at least 5-6 months. I keep almost buying it, but talk myself out of it because its really just a novel toy without a use case. 

I'm glad that I haven't bought a dangerous assault shotgun. 

Not true.  It's a fixed, fixed  capacity magazine, ergo why they list specifically SKS WITH detacheable magazine.  There are SKS's that have been modified to accept AK mags, THOSE are what are listed.  Non modified SKS rifles, are a fixed mag of 10 or less..

Archived