Illinois General Assembly 1/10/2023

mauserme

On 1/10/2023 at 7:11 PM, djmarkla said:

They do not hate guns. They hate us. They hate that we will take care of ourselves, and our families and we do not want or need them to be involved.

They hate us because they can't control us and we can see through their propaganda and lies and can't influence and control us and are afraid of us having guns. We don't depend on the government which is controlled by them and mostly didn't fall for the covid lies and propaganda which was about control too.

On 1/10/2023 at 5:22 PM, Gunson223 said:

Does anyone know if FFL Manufacturers have exemptions from

the bill? I saw a specific callout for 07 FFL’s in an earlier bill under a commerce clause, but I don’t see the same language in the bill that passed today.

I am trying to figure this out also.  On page 101-102 of the Senate Amendment 003 https://ilga.gov/legislation/102/HB/10200HB5471sam003.htm  I found where I believe the carve out is for manufactures and resellers in IL.  I am no expert on this though.

The provisions of this Section do not apply to the
17   manufacture, delivery, sale, imp ort, purchase, or possession
18   of an assault weapon, assault weapon attachment, .50 caliber
19   rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge or causing the manufacture,
20   delivery, sale, importation, purchase, or possession of those
21   items:
22           (A) for sale or transfer to persons authorized under
23       subdivisions (1) through (6) of this subsection (e) to
24       possess those items;
25           (B) for sale or transfer to the United States or any
26       department or agency thereof; or

10200HB5471sam003 - 102 - LRB102 24372 RLC 42574 a

1           (C) for sale or transfer in another state or for

export.

On 1/10/2023 at 6:51 PM, DD123 said:

3. They're legitimately morons and have absolutely no understanding what the ramifications of Bruen actually are.  

A bunch of people speculated that the democrats didn't know the extent of the Bruen decision.   I was skeptical of that from the beginning because the dems have lawyers - great ones in fact. 

Listening to the floor debates the last couple days leads me to one simple conclusion.  They know full well what the ramifications of Bruen really are, and they have known since day one of the decision. They were just playing ignorant so that the money train wouldn't die before the election.  

People have told me that the States have immunity and that we as citizens cannot hold the lawmakers who did this liable for civil damages.  Well, I'm not that convinced.  Remington thought they had immunity and look what happened.   All it takes is the right judge and the right jury and that immunity is gone. The floor debates showed that they know the bill isn't going to prevent gun violence - it was just to diminish our 2nd amendment rights.  Some would consider that fraud.. and you lose immunity committing fraud.  

On 1/10/2023 at 7:03 PM, hetzen said:

My dad purchased a lower this morning, online. FOID sent to FFL and I got a shipping notification. Does anyone know -  will that transfer complete? 

I doubt it will complete.  He can pick it up when the court blocks implementation.  That should be fairly quick.

On 1/10/2023 at 7:28 PM, 357 said:

They hate us because they can't control us and we can see through their propaganda and lies and can't influence and control us and are afraid of us having guns. We don't depend on the government which is controlled by them and mostly didn't fall for the covid lies and propaganda which was about control too.

Excellent!

On 1/10/2023 at 5:35 PM, Howard Roark said:

I doubt it will complete.  He can pick it up when the court blocks implementation.  That should be fairly quick.

(f) Any sale or transfer with a background check initiated
21   to the Illinois State Police on or before the effective date of
22   this amendatory Act of the 102nd General Assembly is allowed
23   to be completed after the effective date of this amendatory
24   Act once an approval is issued by the Illinois State Police and
25   any applicable waiting period under Section 24-3 has expired.

On 1/10/2023 at 7:47 PM, vezpa said:

We need to revamp our focus and lawsuits.  We need to focus lawsuits on going directly after lawmakers who KNOWINGLY are infringing on our rights.

That is how you stop this.  Keep them busy in Court.

I agree 1776% but that means going after qualifying immunity. Does it not?  

On 1/10/2023 at 7:47 PM, vezpa said:

We need to revamp our focus and lawsuits.  We need to focus lawsuits on going directly after lawmakers who KNOWINGLY are infringing on our rights.

That is how you stop this.  Keep them busy in Court.

Yep, should be sued and held accountable or they will continue. A waste of money and resources. The ISP can't even handle FOID cards and sometimes it takes them almost a year, how are the going to handle this complex law. They admitted on camera that is not gonna change anything and that they know about Bruen, so why did they pass it? Out of spite to punish and create legal problems for gun owners who have done nothing wrong and I hope we get a judge that sees through their lies and fraud. Once people taste a little bit of freedom they will not give it away easily.

press conference just began

Pritzker says this bill will ban switches. Switches were already banned LMFAO It bans binary triggers and possibly triggers jobs.

Priotzker wants to thank hundreds of activists.... what about the thousands of us activists who opposed?

Pritzker says this won't stop gun violence and vows to keep fighting.

Pritzker and the speaker both demonize the nra. The speaker says the nra outspent the anti gun side... I highly doubt that is true.  

iF iT sAvEs JuSt OnE LiFe, says the speaker.

harmon speaks of all the anti gun rallies in the rotunda... what about igold?

On 1/10/2023 at 6:10 PM, steveTA84 said:
This is a game to these people. They have no idea of the loathing and hatred they are creating towards them from criminalizing normal people who just want to peacefully exist

Thanks Steve !!! This is just what I needed. EVERYONE needs to save this pic and look at it every day. Let it be the inspiration to do something everyday to do more, donate more, resist more until the day comes when the courts wipes out everything these Bloomberg owned stooges and useful idiots have worked for. We will win this and they will have less than what they started with. On that day we will wipe the smile off every one of their idiot faces.

Archived